Update installation source for autoyast installation

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an autoyast installation.
How can I add all available updates to the installation source.
I tested with create_update_source.sh,
but now I have wrong dependencies with older rpms like glibc.
I marked "do not install glibc-2.4-31.30", so I get more and more
dependency problems.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!
Nicole

#### YaST2 conflicts list - generated 2008-04-29 07:37:42 ####

Installation von glibc-2.4-31.30.i686[SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
SP1] nicht m.glich
     glibc-2.4-31.30.i686[SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1] kann
nicht installiert werden, da glibc-2.4-31.43.6.i686[SUSE Linux
Enterprise Server 10 SP1] bereits f.r die Installation gekennzeichnet ist
     Konfliktl.sung:
         ( ) glibc-2.4-31.30.i686[SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1]
nicht installieren
         ( ) glibc-2.4-31.43.6.i686[SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1]
nicht installieren
         ( ) Ignorieren, dass glibc bereits f.r die Installation
festgelegt wurde

#### YaST2 conflicts list END ###
0
ISO
4/29/2008 5:52:50 AM
novell.oes.linux.install 2396 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Nicole,

you have to run the autoyast installation from the sles 10 sp1 medium
itself because otherwise that would break the installation process as
you have seen it.

You can apply the patches either after the installation or the autoyast
file can contain a init-script section and you should be able to put
there some scripts in that do the job for you.

We install in that init-script section eg. the zenworks linux
management client and that one starts right after its installation with
the patch process for the server.

Here is the script part from our autoyast template:

Code:
--------------------

  </runlevel>
  <scripts>
  <init-scripts config:type="list">
  <script>
  <filename>zlmreg.sh</filename>
  <debug config:type="boolean">true</debug>
  <location></location>
  <interpreter>shell</interpreter>
  <source><![CDATA[
  #!/bin/bash
  #
  # After installation, the logfile from this script can be found in
  # /var/adm/autoinstall/logs
  #
  echo "========================================="
  echo "... Starting AutoYAST included script ..."
  echo "========================================="
  mount -o nfsvers=3 10.10.10.10:/install /mnt
  cd /mnt/inst
  ./autoyast-post.sh
  cd /
  umount /mnt
  ]]>
  </source>
  </script>
  </init-scripts>
  </scripts>
  <security>

--------------------

What type of update process are you using ?

Rainer

--
brunold

brunold

To install or not to install?

Install D2010 on side of D2009
I am installing D2010 from the iso image. But the setup complains that I should install Update 3 for D2009 before that. However, D2009 Check for Updates said that no updates were available, so I copied the setup packages from another D2009 installation and installed Update 3, 4, etc. And D2010 installation still fails to start, complaining that I should install Update 3 to D2009. How can I tell the installer that I DO have Update 3 for D2009? Jouni Aro Prosys I have the same problem. BDS 2009 is up to date with Version3, but Delphi 2010 will not install because it claim...

More info re: OE closing by itself- updates installed/not installed
It happened twice this morning... thanks Robert. I am most curious, as other than a driver update for my NIC which has been available for a month (and which I just now installed - could this have been the problem?), there are only 4 updates available. All SP1, critical, and other recommended updates have been installed, as follows (just the most recent ones here of course): Successful May 13, 2004 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. network software update released on April 13 2004. Web site Successful May 12, 2004 Security Update for Windows XP (KB840374) Automatic update ...

installed version not updated after install
--============_-1187831132==_ma============ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed" For a few modules, the CPAN_VERSION and INST_VERSION reported by the i CPAN command disagree, even after I apparently successfully installed/updated a module. Can someone explain what's going on here? For instance [Perl 2.6.1, Mac OS 10.1.5], here's the CPAN output for Net::Ping. (The same thing happens with Storable, where CPAN_VERSION is 2.04 but INST_VERSION is 1.014 even after apparently successfully installing Storable 2.04.) And what&#...

How do you install the install the kernel source?
In OES linux, how do you install the kernel source and what's the recommend source cd - that is, oes sp2 or the original disks. Thank you. * zavi@hotmail.com wrote, On 01/19/2007 06:21 PM: > In OES linux, how do you install the kernel source and what's the recommend > source cd - that is, oes sp2 or the original disks. Just go into Yast, Software Management and install the kernel sources. It will ask you for the right CD. Then do an update through rug or Red Carpet to have the sources updated, i.e. match the version of your running kernel. Uwe -- Novell Support...

[XE] I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing.
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_4a211.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" ?I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing. --JivePart=_4a211.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="Update 1 Boost Install.PNG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Update 1 Boost Install.PNG" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgA...

[XE] I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing.
?[XE] I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing. Should I report this as a problem in QC? ( See public.attachements ) Larry ...

High system load average after NCS OES/Linux cluster install (repost from n.s.o-e-s.linux.install)
Hi folks, I'm on about my 6th attempt at installing an OES/Linux SP1 cluster, and i've managed to overcome most of the issues, with the exception of this one: as soon as i configure and start NCS, the load average of my system goes from less than 1 to over 6 and sits there constantly. The CPU is 95-99% idle, so it seems that the system is creating and destroying processes constantly. I've disabled a couple of the more probable processes (ones that occasionally appear at the top of the utilization list in top): ndsd and owcimomd, but neither of these make any differenc...

CGDec2007 Update wants original installed sources but Orig Install never told me where
I just installed CG2007 [c++] on my new laptop, during the install I requested the original sources be kept...now I'm installing the DEC2007 update and its ASKING me where they are...but the original install NEVER gave me that info...does anyone know where the original sources are saved????????? I reinstalled it and it found the update sources on its own...all is good here in programming land. "charles leggette" <charles.leggette@leggette.com> wrote in message news:105705@forums.codegear.com... >I just installed CG2007 [c++] on my new laptop, during the...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

FTP installation source broken after install
Greetings, I know this is something stupid that I'm doing wrong but....I have some older servers without DVD drives, so I set up a SLES10SP3 32-bit installation folder on our ftp server, under the root in the pub/sles10sp3 folder. I coped all the files from the DVD there. So the install goes fine, I boot from the 32-bit CD, choose FTP during install and configure the server and folder, anonymous access. It finds all the files and installs. Then, once the install is done, anytime I access anything with software I'm told it can't access the installation media, when I...

Web resources about - Update installation source for autoyast installation - novell.oes.linux.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...