Tomcat can't find novlwww and Httpd2 can't find wwwrun at boot time

Hello,

After installing NSS services, when my OES Linux SP2 server finishes

Looking in /var/log/boot.msg I see:

<notice>start services (novell-tomcat4 novell-nss apache2)
Starting tomcat4: chown: `novlwww:www': invalid user
su: user novlwww does not exist

Starting httpd2 (worker) httpd2-worker: bad user name wwwrun

The command line was:
/usr/sbin/httpd2-worker -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf -DSSL
failed

This is the first OES Linux server on which NSS was installed, and there
is no nssid.sh.

Both accounts (novlwww and wwwrun) exist in eDirectory.

nam.conf is as follows:

base-name=o=budget
admin-fdn=cn=admin,o=budget
preferred-server=10.57.108.221
num-threads=5
schema=rfc2307
enable-persistent-cache=YES
user-hash-size=211
group-hash-size=211
persistent-cache-refresh-period=3600
persistent-cache-refresh-flag=all
create-home=no
type-of-authentication=2
certificate-file-type=der
ldap-ssl-port=636
ldap-port=389
support-alias-name=no
support-outside-base-context=yes

I get no eDirectory users returned with getent passwd, but I don't know
if that is indicative of a problem (LUM was installed when the OS was
installed).

I've read numerous posts here, but nothing that provided a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
0
bdkmcgl
8/3/2007 3:59:15 PM
novell.oes.linux.install 2396 articles. 0 followers. Follow

From what I've read I'm convinced this is a LUM issue, yet I'm at a loss
for where else to look.

I've got a test network where everything is working properly, so I'm
comparing things.  My UNIX Config object looks right.  I've got a group I
created and linux enabled, and a number of users in that group that have
been linux enabled.  I've got the servers associated with the group so
the users should be able to access the server, and, I asssume, in turn be
visible to the server (ie getent passwd).  So from what I understand the
eDirectory side of this is configured correctly, but feel free to ask any
questions to confirm this.

So then on the server side, from what I know, there is nam.conf, which I
included previously, and I think nsswitch.conf, which has the entries
passwd: compat nam and group: compat nam.  That's where I'm stuck.  I
don't see anything wrong with any of this, and don't know where else to
look.

Thank you.
0
bdkmcgl
8/3/2007 7:48:23 PM
Howdy,

If you have not had any success try tailing /var/log/messages while you
do a 'rcnamcd restart'.

This should report namcd events and show if it is failing to read users
from edir and the credentials being read from nam.conf

If there is no error, check users with  'namuserlist -x o=budget' this
reports wwwrun et al where as getend passwd does not ( I dont know the
reason why)

If all looks ok try restarting tomcat with 'rcnovell-tomcat4 restart'.
An error free start will mean its seeing your missing users.

Regards, Andrew

0
Andrew

Can't install opensuse 12.1 from DVD, installer can't find DVD devices?
Hi, I have an HP pavilion dv7 laptop (3 years old) with Windows and Linux mint in a dual boot mode, and I wanted to install opensuse 12.1 from a DVD over my mint partition. When I boot with the 64bit KDE live CD in my DVD I can get to the menu where I can choose to try the live session or install. If I choose either, I see the linux kernel loading successfuly, then a green screen with opensuse logo, and after about 10 seconds the screen becomes a black text screen, and I see an error message saying that my DVD device wasn't found, and that the system is restarting in 120 se...

They Can't Crack What They Can't Find
They Can't Crack What They Can't Find noeld@rootprompt.org The Internet today is a jungle full of predators. Some of these predators are trying to crack your machine others are just looking for a machine to crack. By using the firewalling tools built into the Linux kernel it is possible to make a desktop machine virtually disappear from the crackers view. In this article I will describe how to hide a machine running Linux that uses PPP over a modem to connect to the Internet. I will use ipchains and the firewalling built into the Linux kernel to protect the services that are ...

USB-DVD: "Can't find the openSUSE Repository", can't install.
Greetings, A happy openSUSE user on my laptop, I want to use it on a new desktop computer / home server. It doesn't have an optical drive, so I've created a bootable USB stick out of a DVD ISO, based on the instructions at 'SDB:Live USB stick - openSUSE' (http://tinyurl.com/7zyvyt5) I can boot without problem from the USB stick, but I'm getting the error "Could not find the openSUSE Repository. Activating manual setup program". It then leads me to a basic, text-only interface, but I can't continue the install. A helpful soul in #suse suggeste...

Can't rename variables and can't find references
Hello. I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context menu and the key bindings does not work either. I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? Best Reagards. Martin S. wrote: > Hello. > > I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for > renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context > menu and the key bindings does not work either. > > I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? > Can you bui...

'can't find source media' during 11.3 install although does boot the iso dvd..?
Greets: I spent some hours trying to find info about my problem but couldn't. Soo..here's my problem. I'm trying to install 11.3. The iso install DVD boots up ok, says 'welcome' in far more languages than I understand, I select English & US English then all useful progress stops. It suddenly can't detect my CD/DVD (although it DID when the system booted with the CD/DVD drive selected as 1st device to try to boot). I've tried pushing the button to eject and reload the DVD, no dice. Nothing seems to work, when I finally go for shutdown it suggests I ...

Can't install grub/lilo, can't restor windows boot
Hi I tried to install opensuse 11 yesterday. But it couldn't install GRUB. It says - *disk doesn't exist* I cancelled the installation and now I cannot even access my windows (fixmbr and fixboot don't help) Please help! -- greg606 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Well, In some cases (especially when using recovery boot) grub reports installation problems. But this is the first time somebody reports fixmbr problems. 1/ I would consider using windows disk to load emergency console to try to access windows disk. If...

Can't add Satellite Server (can't even find option)
Hi there, I have a little Prolem managing a Satellite Server. First of all here's my Environment: I'm using a SLES 10 SP2 as OS with ZCM 10.0.3 installed on it. The server's location is the central DMZ of my Test-Environment of my fictive Company. There are several further Subnets, representing external locations of my fictive Company. In each Subnet there is a Windows XP-Client with the ZCM-Agent installed on it. The devices are listed correctly in the "Devices"-Section. Now I want to make my Windows-Clients a Satellite-Server. In the Admin-Guide t...

Can't find assemblies, then becomes can't copy pagefile.sys?
 I had a working project, a web service with a .vbproj_deploy project around it and a setup around that that produced an .msi file that worked like a champ.I left to work on another project, and when I came back I started working on a new computer and had to get VS2005 installed there.  Pulled in the old project from source safe and everything built correctly except this one part, where I was told it couldn't find anything to assemble.    Then, going into source safe, I checked in what minor changes I'd made and the next time I loaded VS2005 it told me that d...

Can't boot, can't update
I have upgraded from SuSE version 11.3 (which worked well) using zypper dup. Unfortunately, an earlier post regarding resolution of a CPU crash during boot turned out to be premature, as it is now intermittent. When booting, the system: (1) UDV reports a CPU crash (on-screen dump) (2) if the computer is reset (turned off, then on again), it will eventually either boot up normally (rare) or display a screen with a very wrong resolution setting. Repeatedly rebooting will eventually tease the system into normal operation, but it usually takes several attempts. Several Grub parame...

OES Linux install can't find HD
I'm trying to install OES Linux on an HP dx5150 (I know, not a real server, but I'm working with a very tight budget), and Yast reports it can't find the hard drive (WD 60SLA5), and says to install with the "update CD", whatever that is. The hardware is OK, as I sucessfully installed SLES 10 on the box, but I need OES Linux, not SLES, on it. Any ideas? Donald Albury Donald Albury wrote: > I'm trying to install OES Linux on an HP dx5150 (I know, not a real > server, but I'm working with a very tight budget), and Yast reports > it can't fi...

Can't find EDM wizard (can't add ADO.NET Entity Data Model)
I'm having trouble getting started with EDM.  I'm ultimately trying to experiment with ASP.NET Data Services.  I have never installed any ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTPs.  However, I have installed VS2008 SP1 Beta1 and .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta 1.  Based on the list of features in SP1 Beta 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8C36ACA4-E947-4760-9B05-93CAC04C6F87&displaylang=en ) I believe I should have both EDM support and Data Services support. When I try to add a new item to my VS2008 project, ADO.NET Entity Data Model is not in the list.&nb...

Web resources about - Tomcat can't find novlwww and Httpd2 can't find wwwrun at boot time - novell.oes.linux.install