Network installation without own install server

Is it possible to install OES right of the Novell Servers? We are used
to using (debian) linux netinstall. No fiddling around with CDs!

Downloading these nine CDs every time a new version comes out is very
very annoying.

Can anyone help me with this?

0
Wouter
4/2/2006 11:46:52 AM
novell.oes.linux.install 2396 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Wouter Mignon wrote:
> Is it possible to install OES right of the Novell Servers? We are used
> to using (debian) linux netinstall. No fiddling around with CDs!
>
> Downloading these nine CDs every time a new version comes out is very
> very annoying.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

Novell doesn't run any OES YaST network installation sources. I'm not
entirely sure why. I agree it would be useful to have this. It is
absolutely possible, as we do it with our own OES network installation
sources all the time.

However, you very rarely have to download all 9 CD's when a new update
comes out. Generally you just need the first three, the rest are source
package CD's and SLES9 CD's you already have.

Also, using Red Carpet to keep your system up to date should bring your
systems up to the most recent service pack level, so there's no really
no reason to keep getting updated CD's unless you want to save the
initial patch process on newly-installed servers.

--
Justin Grote
Network Architect

To install or not to install?

Any way install OES without Full Install
Has anyone found a way to install OES instead of SP3 without going through the Java install (Through nwconfig etc.)? I can apply SP3 and it shows OES but the additional components are not updated. I realize I can install iManager later but would rather an all in one SP to OES. Current OS is NW65SP2. Thanks Hi, Ted wrote: > > Has anyone found a way to install OES instead of SP3 without going > through the Java install There is absolutely no way to do it, that's exactly why SP3 doesn't upgrade the OES components. WOuld it be possible, the SP would do it...

High system load average after NCS OES/Linux cluster install (repost from n.s.o-e-s.linux.install)
Hi folks, I'm on about my 6th attempt at installing an OES/Linux SP1 cluster, and i've managed to overcome most of the issues, with the exception of this one: as soon as i configure and start NCS, the load average of my system goes from less than 1 to over 6 and sits there constantly. The CPU is 95-99% idle, so it seems that the system is creating and destroying processes constantly. I've disabled a couple of the more probable processes (ones that occasionally appear at the top of the utilization list in top): ndsd and owcimomd, but neither of these make any differenc...

Help
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The server object and "servername-PS" objects have been created, but the = server seems to have stuck! Any ideas? I had to type IP address of server with replica, which seemed to work = (installing over VPN link, but I've done this before with no trouble and = there is no problem I'm aware of with the link - everything else works) Cheers, Peter. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQY...

LDAP server and eDirectory installation on Linux OES server
I have not been able to install LDAP server and eDirectory simultaneously on a Linux OES server. When I install LDAP server (openldap2 package), eDirectory is uninstalled. When I then install eDirectory, LDAP is uninstalled. This appears to be from the file dependency conflicts that you get notified of when installing LDAP, however you should be able to run eDirectory and LDAP server at the same time on an OES server. Also, we have LDAP servers running on NetWare servers on the same network. How do you get eDirectory to use these LDAP servers instead, in order to authentica...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

OES Linux Network install
I've been trying to download netinstall_1.tar.gz for days now. I keep getting the message; Mal-formed reply from origin server. Please try your request again. 502 Bad Gateway Has anyone else been able to download the netinstall.sh file which is needed for a network installation of OES Linux? http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2972902.htm Thanks, Bill bpipes@wlgore.com wrote: > I've been trying to download netinstall_1.tar.gz for days now. I keep > getting the message; > > Mal-formed reply from origin server. Please try your re...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

Install Section without Install Instructions
Name: Helder Garcia Email: helderdotgarciaatgmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Install Section without Install Instructions Comments: Good work. However, about the installation instructions, I'd like to point that the install section of the link below give us some good advice but don't tell us "how to install firefox". http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/#install Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040114 ...

How does the installer install DB in SQL Server.
Hi All, I wonder how the installer do the DB installation when user choose to use SQL Server, I mean how does it detect what dbs are already in SQL Server, etc, etc. (is there a common dialog box for installing db in sql??) I would like to learn how the whole installer is created, where can I download the Installer project. If no, where can I found related tutorial on web? Thanks. I found this http://www.fawcette.com/vsm/2002_11/online/ferracchiati/default.aspx online but the articles didn't say much about installing database in SQL Server. Thanks in advance! Edwin Edwin, ...

OpenSUSE Install Wiped Out Other Linux Installs
Man, I was really hoping this would not happen. I took great care in the Partitioning section, working from the left side, to designate which partition I wanted to install to. I think it got that right. There were some swap partitions already set up, and I suppose it latched onto one of those as well. The 1.5 Grub boot process is rather nice looking. Lots of green, whereas I prefer blue tints myself. But now none of the other Linux distros installed previously will boot, always a file missing. That is with three hard drives and 14 partitions involved. Got to play nice, you ...

Install IPX after servers installed IP Only
Simple question - have installed a netware 6.0 server for IP only and now want to load IPX. Went into INETCFG, Protocols, ensured IPX enabled. Then select bindings, bind IPX to the LAN card generating an IPX network number of 00000050, 802.2 frame type. When you Reinitialize System at coonsole prompt get messages:- Loading Module IPXRTR.NLM UNRESOLVED Loading Module IPXRTRNM.NLM AUTO FAIL loading Module SPXCONFG.NLM UNRESOLVED Binding IPX to Q57_1_EII_E82 Bind Failed: Item not Present Binding IP to Q57_1_EII_EII I've obviously missed something completely obvious bu...

Web resources about - Network installation without own install server - novell.oes.linux.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...