mysql version installed

Hi;
I need a later version of mysql to run moodle. I am running oes linux sp2 as
installed. If I download the latest mysql version and install it, will it
upgrade my existing one? do I remove the version I selected at install?
does it use the same install paths?
What is good practice for this type of thing, I have needed a later version
of jboss in another install and I would like to do it properly.
Any help appreciated
Dave
1/24/2007 9:20:43 AM
novell.oes.linux.install 2396 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dave Parry wrote:

> Hi;
> I need a later version of mysql to run moodle. I am running oes linux
> sp2 as installed. If I download the latest mysql version and install
> it, will it upgrade my existing one? do I remove the version I
> selected at install?  does it use the same install paths?
> What is good practice for this type of thing, I have needed a later
> version of jboss in another install and I would like to do it
> properly.  Any help appreciated
> Thanks

If I'm correct you can specify a path where the mysqld will look for
the db files. So if the one installed by Suse doesn't use the defaults
you can modify this.

You're better of running a small test I'd say before upgrading.

--
Cheers,
Edward

High system load average after NCS OES/Linux cluster install (repost from n.s.o-e-s.linux.install)
Hi folks, I'm on about my 6th attempt at installing an OES/Linux SP1 cluster, and i've managed to overcome most of the issues, with the exception of this one: as soon as i configure and start NCS, the load average of my system goes from less than 1 to over 6 and sits there constantly. The CPU is 95-99% idle, so it seems that the system is creating and destroying processes constantly. I've disabled a couple of the more probable processes (ones that occasionally appear at the top of the utilization list in top): ndsd and owcimomd, but neither of these make any differenc...

Installing DBD::MySql without MySql installed
Hi, I would like to install the database driver for MySql, however I would like to not have to install MySql on the local machine. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks in advance, Joe Grastara Project Assistant Digital Media Center The Skirball Institute Of Biomolecular Medicine New York University Medical Center 540 First Ave., New York City, NY 10016 USA grastara@saturn.med.nyu.edu http://www.med.nyu.edu/graphics You should only need the client libraries for the machine you are on. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Grastara [mailto:grastara@saturn.med.nyu.ed...

To install or not to install?

installed version not updated after install
--============_-1187831132==_ma============ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed" For a few modules, the CPAN_VERSION and INST_VERSION reported by the i CPAN command disagree, even after I apparently successfully installed/updated a module. Can someone explain what's going on here? For instance [Perl 2.6.1, Mac OS 10.1.5], here's the CPAN output for Net::Ping. (The same thing happens with Storable, where CPAN_VERSION is 2.04 but INST_VERSION is 1.014 even after apparently successfully installing Storable 2.04.) And what&#...

Installing DBD::mysql without installing mysql on local machine
Hi, Wonder if someone could help me, I am trying to install DBD::mysql module to access a remote mysql database. I am getting errors when running Makefile.PL: Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 169. I think I need to download some libraries? Do you know where I can get them? The version of mysql installed on the remote machine is 3.22.25. Many thanks in advance. Priss __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and M...

Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general question.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0F85B.7D4D3C60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" I am trying to install the DBI module and DBD for MySql on our application server running HP-Ux 10.2. I have a Linux box set up as an Apache server that is running MySql and want to query its database. When I run make (after having run Makefile.PL) on the Mysql modules-1.2215 I get an "Error exit code 1 Don't know how to make /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql.h". Can't I install the DBI on a machine without installing the database? I have looked at O'Reilly's Programm...

RE: Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general questi on.
Install mysql client first Anton -----Original Message----- From: Niles Reichardt [mailto:nlr@vetmed.wsu.edu] Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 6:02 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general question. I am trying to install the DBI module and DBD for MySql on our application server running HP-Ux 10.2. I have a Linux box set up as an Apache server that is running MySql and want to query its database. When I run make (after having run Makefile.PL) on the Mysql modules-1.2215 I get an "Error exit code 1 Don't know how to make ...

OpenSUSE Install Wiped Out Other Linux Installs
Man, I was really hoping this would not happen. I took great care in the Partitioning section, working from the left side, to designate which partition I wanted to install to. I think it got that right. There were some swap partitions already set up, and I suppose it latched onto one of those as well. The 1.5 Grub boot process is rather nice looking. Lots of green, whereas I prefer blue tints myself. But now none of the other Linux distros installed previously will boot, always a file missing. That is with three hard drives and 14 partitions involved. Got to play nice, you ...

OES Linux installation
I'm going to install OES linux (sp1) for the first time. (All of my other servers are OES Netware) Some questions that hopefully you gurus can help out with: This will be the first OES linux server installed in an existing tree. The guide says to run deployment manager first. Where do I find that? Currently only one of my Netware 6.5 servers is at sp4. Should they all be sp4 before adding the Linux server? I already have iFolder running on a Netware server. I like some of the features available in the linux iFolder and want to install it. Do I need to uninstall iFolder...

upgrade from 4.0.1 install version to 4.0.2 install version, how?
Hi, I have a workable, clean 4.0.1 installed version of DNN running and am trying to upgrade to 4.0.2. i tried to follow the instruction on the documentation unzip the DNN_402_Install and put in corresponding directory in 4.0.1's website, run up the website and upgrade it. but it keeps hung up on the upgrade screen and going nowhere.  what files exactly should i extract and place in where, any special commands for running this upgrade? thank you very much in advance.  ...

Install 2 nodes cluster : OES Linux and OES Netware
I would like to build a cluster with our Netware OES files server with a new OES Linux server. I seems like there is no installation path when you want to create a brand new cluster with OES Netware and OES Linux. I tried with the nwdeploy but I can't select my OES Linux as the second server and the tool won't let me install a cluster with one server (well that make sense). Anyone know the a good installation path for a mixed two node cluster ? Thanks, Louis-Steve Desjardins Salut The Netware/Linux mixed cluster are intended for migration path. If starting a n...

Any way install OES without Full Install
Has anyone found a way to install OES instead of SP3 without going through the Java install (Through nwconfig etc.)? I can apply SP3 and it shows OES but the additional components are not updated. I realize I can install iManager later but would rather an all in one SP to OES. Current OS is NW65SP2. Thanks Hi, Ted wrote: > > Has anyone found a way to install OES instead of SP3 without going > through the Java install There is absolutely no way to do it, that's exactly why SP3 doesn't upgrade the OES components. WOuld it be possible, the SP would do it...

How to install the linux in pre xp installed laptop
Dear Friends, I had a pre windows xp installed laptop with me i installed the linux in that after installing the linux my windows is not booting can any body hlep with this -- srinut31 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ in a terminal type su then your root password now type fdisk -l paste result here also: go to /boot/grub/menu.lst paste contents here you need to be using file manager super user to read this file -- Box: Linux 2.6.25.18-0.2 x86_64 | OS 11.0 | (KDE4.1.3) "51.1" | M2N4-SLI | AMD...

Web resources about - mysql version installed - novell.oes.linux.install

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland’s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.