Missing OES2 installation sources (for updates)

I have a new server installed here, and it's registered with both the
SLES and OES2 registration codes, and it all looks correct.
BUT, it doesn't have the update sources from nu.novell.com in the
installation source list.
I've tried using the customer center application, but that didn't add
them correctly.
I've tried adding them manually, copying the info from another server,
but as I don't have the password for the update sources, it doesn't go
well (got a strange result when I tried to use the contant of
/etc/zmd/secret.

Any idea on what went wrong during the installation, and how I can fix
it?

--
fribert

fribert
4/9/2010 3:16:02 PM
novell.oes.linux.install 2396 articles. 0 followers. Follow

fribert;1960039 Wrote:
> I have a new server installed here, and it's registered with both the
> SLES and OES2 registration codes, and it all looks correct.
> BUT, it doesn't have the update sources from nu.novell.com in the
> installation source list.
> I've tried using the customer center application, but that didn't add
> them correctly.
> I've tried adding them manually, copying the info from another server,
> but as I don't have the password for the update sources, it doesn't go
> well (got a strange result when I tried to use the contant of
> /etc/zmd/secret.
>
> Any idea on what went wrong during the installation, and how I can fix
> it?

There is a couple of TID's that might help you:

'Resetting your ZEN Updater and Novell Customer Center key
registration'
(http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3303599&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=134948625&stateId=0%200%20134950557)

'move-to-oes2-sp2, a guide through the process'
(http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7004963&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=134948625&stateId=0%200%20134950557)

Thomas

--
http://thsundel.blogspot.com/

thsundel
4/9/2010 4:36:02 PM
Ahh, yes, resetting your zen updater... seems to do the trick!
Excellent, thankyou, couldn't find that one :-)

--
fribert

fribert
4/14/2010 4:26:02 PM
Ahh, and then it stopped, I get an error:
Execute curl command failed with '28':
curl: (28) connect() timed out!

huh?

--
fribert

fribert
4/14/2010 4:56:03 PM
Searching for this, I find a couple of possible problems.
The clock is off, nope, it's running very correctly
Or I should try
zypper refresh
zypper up
But when doing zypper refresh, I get the messager
A ZYpp transaction is already in progress.

The
lsof |egrep libzypp
Shows one libzypp process running, but even after killing that it still
shows the same error :-(

--
fribert

fribert
4/14/2010 5:56:02 PM
Btw. 'the same error' refers to 'Curl error 28' not the zypper error.
So I could run zypper refresh and zypper up.

--
fribert

fribert