Time Sync Problems

Servers involved are:

Sles10sp1 oes2 eDir 8.8
Netware 6.5.6 eDir 8.7.3.9

I am getting the following error when I run a time sync:

[1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf:
wauoesfs1.OU=SERVERS.OU=WAU.OU=IL.O=BCBS.NSM_TREE
Unable to connect to NDS Server.
Connection refused.

I also get a -625 error when running a time sync on a Netware 6.5 box
that is in this tree.

Any suggestions on how to fix this and what might be causing the
problem?

Thanks
Scott

--
SJFast911

SJFast911
1/2/2008 2:26:02 PM
novell.oes.linux.admin 2944 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SJFast911 wrote:

> Servers involved are:
>
> Sles10sp1 oes2 eDir 8.8
> Netware 6.5.6 eDir 8.7.3.9
>
> I am getting the following error when I run a time sync:
>
> [1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf:
> wauoesfs1.OU=SERVERS.OU=WAU.OU=IL.O=BCBS.NSM_TREE
> Unable to connect to NDS Server.
> Connection refused.
>
> I also get a -625 error when running a time sync on a Netware 6.5 box
> that is in this tree.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this and what might be causing the
> problem?

625 means a communication error. Make sure that all servers can
communicate with each other (just use ping)

--
Cheers,
Edward

Doing a dsrepair/ndsrepair on both servers, do a *repair selected
server's network address* on the servers that have the 625 error.

Regards,

Ian

--
beavei
beavei's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=905

0
beavei
1/3/2008 5:26:02 AM
beavei wrote:

> Also try,
>
> Doing a dsrepair/ndsrepair on both servers, do a *repair selected
> server's network address* on the servers that have the 625 error.

625 is generally a more low level communication issue but it is worth a
shot.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Scott

--
SJFast911
SJFast911's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=1261
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=305533

0
SJFast911
1/3/2008 2:06:01 PM
SJFast911 wrote:

> After applying sp7 to the Netware 6.5 servers the 625 errors went
> away.

Sounds odd but thanks for the feedback.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Scott

--
SJFast911
SJFast911's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=1261
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=305533

0
SJFast911
1/3/2008 6:56:02 PM
SJFast911 wrote:

> Well, the full story is, I had to do an ndsd restart on the linux box
> because when I did a ndsd status it told me nds was dead. So I
> restarted it and then the linux box saw the Netware boxes. But the
> Netware boxes were still getting the -625 errors in dsrepair/timesync
> status. So that is when I decided to apply sp7 to the Netware boxes
> and low and behold those errors went away.
>
> Scott

How long did you wait in between the restart of the ndsd and the
patching ? Sometimes it can take a while before things look healthy
again.

--
Cheers,
Edward

As a side note, I first installed eDir 8.8 because these other two
Netware 6.5 servers also have eDir 8.8 on them but that did not fix the
problem so I then proceeded to sp7.

Scott

--
SJFast911
SJFast911's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=1261
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=305533

0
SJFast911

Time sync problem
I have a dual boot machine, and can't get the Windows and OpenSUSE times to match. They are always 6 hours off. I used Yast NTP to set up a server on Linux, with Central time zone. Windows has the same time zone. Does anyone know anything else that needs to be adjusted so I can make these times the same? -- ciric50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Tue December 15 2009 09:56 pm, ciric50 wrote: > > I have a dual boot machine, and can't get the Windows and OpenSUSE times > to match. They are always 6 hours off. ...

time sync problem
One of my Netware 5.1 server giving me "Time is NOT syncronized on the network" when I typed "time" at the console prompt. When I set it to Debug, it shows that " theServer will not be used as it is a configured source". I don't what that means. Please help. My environment: we have five Netware 5.1 w/sp5 servers. One Single and four Secondary. Three secondary servers are OK, except one that giving me this error. All servers have the latest and same timesync.nlm. Please help!... Thanks, Calvin Please post the sys:system\timesync...

time sync problem
hello all; since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with the time server in the network. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > the time server in the network. > Does it work if you unload/reload timesync.nlm? -- Andy Thompson Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp (No email support, thanks.) > > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > > the time server in the network. > >...

Time sync problem
Hello, We have a two node cluster that was set up for us by an outside consultant and has been running NW6sp4 for over a year now without this problem. A couple of days ago, first one server and then the other, then both at once has a red flag for time sync. The servers are set up in a single/secondary time sync configuration and both are configured with the IP address of the same two NIST time servers, in the same order. I watched the time sync screens together and the server set as the secondary only uses one of the two time servers while the server set as the single uses both. ...

OES Linux 1 to OES Linux 2
We have a few OES Linux 1 servers (SLES 9 based) and would like to know if there is any experience (good or bad) of an in place upgrade to OES Linux 2 (SLES 10 sp1 based) - running ifolder3, nss, eDir etc any stories, gotchas, risks, benefits? or do we just leave them be? thanks Simon --____HZWCDAILLLWHENGCMXPS____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 6 Dec 2007 14:08:52 +0100" SGksDQoNCmhhdmUgYSBsb29rIGF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cubm92ZWxsLmNvbS9kb2N1bWVudGF0aW9u L29lczIvaW...

Time Sync Problem
Dear All, I meet time sync problem. Now I say my situation. 4 Novell 4.11 servers and one TREE. Recently, the server time is late 3mins compare with actual time. So I try to adjust it and follow the below method: Load monitor-->Server parameter-->Time--->At time schedule, add the parameter (+00:03:00). After the server run one day, I discover 4 server time is not match. but i try to run dsrepair to test it without any error . I want to ask how to solve it, help me??? Thanks TT Please copy&paste sys:system\timesync.cfg from each server. Also, copy&...

DSrepair time sync replica depth and time is in sync
A new server installed and configured (nw5.0 sp6a) is showing up with a Replica depth of -1 (others show 0) and the Time is in Sync = no (others are yes) with a plus of 1min. Can these be resolved? This a brand new test server. Cheers. The "Replica Depth" is not a problem. Your new server does not have a copy of the NDS Database. This is not a problem and quite normal. Only the 1st 3 servers get a copy of you DS unless you configure it otherwise. Check you TimeSync Setup. Here is a guide from NW5.1 (5.0 should work the same.) http://www.novell.com/documentati...

eDirectory time sync on linux
Hi, at school we're busy with a little project, which involves multiple servers and eDirectory. When we install eDirectory 8.7.1 on linux Mandrake 9.2 it eventually cannot connect to the netware 5.1 sp6 eDirectory 8.7.1 server, due to the fact that the time is not synchronised. Does anybody know a solution for this? thanx in advance, Wouter Hoek just set up ntpd time-services and sync to your netware-box. Thorsten w.hoek@merlinscave.nl wrote: > Hi, at school we're busy with a little project, which involves > multiple servers and eDirectory. > &g...

Time sync problem #2
Hello, Thanks in advance for any time spent or help offered. I administer a Netware 6.0 SP5 two node native SCSI based cluster that sits on a large university LAN that we share with other many servers and workstations. We also have one replica server in an office still on the LAN but two hops away from the server cluster. The server that is typically secondary is set up as a single source that gets its time from an NIST timeserver. It is always in sync. The replica server is always in sync. But for the last few days the primary server in the cluster has been loosing and re...

Time Sync Problem #3
Mixed environment: 1 x Reference Server = NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18) 1 x Primary Server = NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85) 9 x Secondary Servers - 2 x NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18) - 1 x NetWare 4.11-SP9 (DS ver 6.11) - 1 x NetWare 4.2-SP9 (DS ver 6.11) - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP3 (DS ver 8.77) - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP5 (DS ver 8.82) - 2 x NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85) and the odd-ball - 1 x Axis StorePoint CD Network CD Server (pretends to be NetWare 4.X - DS ver 5.73) All NW5-SP6 boxes were recently upgraded to SP6 - some from SP3 and some from SP5. What we're see...

Problems with Time sync after migration
I am in the middle of a migration (NW5 SP6 to NW6.5 SP3 with new hardware). The migration seemed to be going fine, however now that I'm in the final stages, there are problems: The migration wizard advised me to verify that time and NDS are in sync. When verifying time sync on the server, the following happens: The Destination server reports time is in sync, but it can only identify connections with 3 other servers in the tree (out of 8)when running DSRepair, time sync status. When I go to any of the other servers in the tree (including the three that can be seen by ...

Problems with OES linux and eDirectory
Hello, I autoyasted a sles 9 box into my tree. I've been getting several error messages. For example, in console1 - I'll go to the server and right click on it and go to properties. I'll get a dialog box that says, "The XML reply from the server was malformed or missing required fields. The tag being looked for was: getLSSInfo". This only happens to the boxes that I autoyasted. Any ideas? Thanks, Kareem Hi, TID 10100688 ? Cheers, Akos ...

OES Linux install problem
I'm installing my first OES Linux server in my production tree. I'm following the directions in the installation guide. When I get to the Partitioning dialog, I want to set up EVMS. If I follow the directions (and they're pretty simple...hard to see how I could have gone wrong) I am unable to select "Create EVMS based proposal" because it is grayed out. The top of the box shows my disk as follows: "1. SCSI, 2.7 TB, /dev/sda, DELL-PERC 6/i". Below that it says "There are no partitions on this disk yet. The entire disk will be used for SUSE Linux En...

NTP and Time Sync Problems
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I am trying to get a Netware 5.0 server to sync with an outside time source. I have permission from tick.utoronto.ca to sync with them, as well as tick.usno.navy.mil and tock.usno.navy.mil. When i launch timesync.nlm after a period of time the timesync debug screen shows that the server can't communicate with those time servers. Running ping from the console clearly shows that there is no problem pining the servers. After running timesync.nlm the console reports syncronization not active. Anybody have any suggestions? Here is ...

Web resources about - Time Sync Problems - novell.oes.linux.admin

Why we all have a problem with expensive drugs
We are all paying for the pharmaceutical industry's laws and arrangements that guarantee it profitability.

More to Slater & Gordon's problems than just the UK
As Slater & Gordon comes under increasing pressure, questions are being asked when the company's problems actually began.

This one app could solve your most frustrating home Wi-Fi problems
So you've just set up your home Wi-Fi network but for some reason you're having trouble getting your PC to connect to the network. It could very ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... made their way to Europe this year. Every country is complaining now, even Germany. So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem ...

Chicago-Bound Southwest Flight Returns To Oakland With Landing Gear Problem
... flight headed to Chicago was forced to return to Oakland, California, and make an emergency landing on Wednesday, due to a landing gear problem. ...

Oakland Airport On Alert; Southwest Flight Encounters Problem
CBS Local Oakland Airport On Alert; Southwest Flight Encounters Problem CBS Local FORT LAUDERDALE, FL - SEPTEMBER 27: A Southwest airplane ...

Southwest flight reports gear problem, burns fuel before landing attempt
Crews at Oakland International Airport are standing by on "yellow alert" for return of Chicago-bound flight

Far from smelling like a Rose, Bulls' problems go deeper than chemistry
There is a lot of chemistry talk circulating about the suddenly floundering Bulls, but Chicago's problems go much deeper than that.

Engine problem sends Virginia-bound plane back to New York
... shortly after takeoff. A spokesman for the FAA says the crew of Commutair Flight 3585 declared an emergency because of an "engine-related problem" ...