Service location protocol

Hello, I have eD tree with Netware 6.0 cluster and separate OES1 Linux box.
I am about to add another two OES2Linux servers and Netware machines will be
decommisioned after some time.

How shall I manage SLP protocol? There is a scope called MOUSCOPE and files:

SYS:ETC/slp.cfg on Netware is all commented,
/etc/slp.conf on OES1 Linux is:

net.slp.DAAddresses = 172.16.0.32   //oes1 box
net.slp.useScopes = MOUSCOPE
net.slp.isBroadcastOnly = false
net.slp.isDA = true
net.slp.interfaces = 172.16.0.32

So, shall I point new servers to OES1 box as Directory Agent?
(I can also post a screen from SLPSpoof if needed)

Thank you for an answer.
0
Jakub
7/6/2008 8:31:50 PM
novell.oes.linux.admin 2944 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jakub Talas,

> So, shall I point new servers to OES1 box as Directory Agent?
> (I can also post a screen from SLPSpoof if needed)

Either that or make one of the OES2 boxes the DA, as these will most
likely outlive the OES1 one.

Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Systems Engineer/NSC Sysop
Telindus Sweden AB
0
Niclas

OES Linux 1 to OES Linux 2
We have a few OES Linux 1 servers (SLES 9 based) and would like to know if there is any experience (good or bad) of an in place upgrade to OES Linux 2 (SLES 10 sp1 based) - running ifolder3, nss, eDir etc any stories, gotchas, risks, benefits? or do we just leave them be? thanks Simon --____HZWCDAILLLWHENGCMXPS____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 6 Dec 2007 14:08:52 +0100" SGksDQoNCmhhdmUgYSBsb29rIGF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cubm92ZWxsLmNvbS9kb2N1bWVudGF0aW9u L29lczIvaW...

Scalability of services on OES Linux
I now have a Netware 6.5 Sp7 server in a 10 user company, which perfectly handles, the following tasks: - file and print server including CIFS and Netstorage - Groupwise PO and Domain (Internet Agent on another server) - Zenworks for Desktops - Zenworks for Servers (mainly the SNMP monitor and log functions) - DHCP server - Backup Exec daily Backups - iManager I now are about to install a new server on new hardware and maybe Vmware ESXi. As Netware is phasing out I think about installing OES 2 Linux on this server. Would a single OES linux box be able to do all the equivalent ...

oes linux service pack?
got a few niggles with virtual office on oes linux, mainly netstorage gadget and servlet errors. Anyone know when a service pack is due? wayne wayne@ycc.ac.uk wrote: > got a few niggles with virtual office on oes linux, mainly netstorage > gadget and servlet errors. Anyone know when a service pack is due? > wayne http://www.novell.com/products/openenterpriseserver/whatsnew.html -- Jim NSC SYsop i bet 10 cents that THAt dat will slip... yet again > i bet 10 cents that THAt dat will slip... > yet again i'll see your 10 cents and raise you a dollar!...

Install Netware services on Linux OES
Hi I have been running a Novell network in the office for many years. Server is now a NetWare 6.5 SP4 box (OES). I have also built and have in the tree an OES Linux (SLES9 SP2) box. eDir is installed on the server and both it and the NetWare box are "talking". Server is running LVMS so that NSS partitions can be installed. Server is RAID5 with hardware RAID supported natively by OES/SLES9 SLP is installed on the NetWare box. Workstations are SLED10 and Windows XP, all using the Novell client. I have printed all the documentation I can find but don't have a log...

oes linux update
Hello, not sure about this one: Running rug -sl tells me "*** No services are mounted ***" In the red carpet gui the menu item "activate" is grayed out. How can I mount a service ? There is a "OES Activation Quick Start Guide" available but there seems the service already be mounted and I can't find any TID or document that tells me how to mount it. Rainer You need to run Red Carpet as root, or everything is disabled. sux to root and run /opt/gnome/bin/red-carpet Aaron I'm running red-carpet already as root a...

Radius service on Linux Suse OES
Hello NG Is the radius service supported on Suse OES? Thanks in advance for your answer Ramon Lustrati Hello, Yes, OES SP2 that I have installed here shows "freeradius" is available in YAST. Not sure how integrated it is to the system, but the software is there. -m > Hello NG > > Is the radius service supported on Suse OES? > > Thanks in advance for your answer > > Ramon Lustrati > > On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:24:48 +0000, Ramon Lustrati wrote: > Hello NG > > Is the radius service supported on Suse OES...

Reinstall Cluster Services on Linux OES
Hi, we have two linux OES Sp2 and want to delete and reinstall the Clustering services. Has anyone a documentation how to delete and reinstall the cluster services ??? thx Stefan On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:38:57 +0000, sdoern wrote: > Hi, > > we have two linux OES Sp2 and want to delete and reinstall the Clustering > services. > > Has anyone a documentation how to delete and reinstall the cluster > services ??? Are you trying to create a new cluster? If so, do cluster down on one of the nodes, blow away the sbd and then just re-run the yast ncs uti...

I think it is abnormal on the cluster service (OES Linux)
Dear all: There are two nodes cluster service on OES Linux SP1, (The same hardware and software environment on the two nodes) and connected to san storage correctly. What happening when the ethernet failed? If I shutdown one of the node which have resource on it, then it will failover to another one. it looks good. But if I pull out the cable from the ethernet (to simulate the ethernet failed), I discover the node which have resource on it will reboot another node, the resource node was not failover to the alive node, but reboot the other node? and the resource node was s...

Linux Services on Linux OES2
Hi all, i´m testing a 2 node cluster (maybe more in the future) on OES2 (SLES10SP1, iSCSI on HP MSA1510i). Finally i want to cluster some NSS-Volumes, Groupwise and a CVS Server. Will this be possible?? Are there Linux-Services, which are not possible to implement with Novell Cluster Services? Thanks in advance. Alex Alexander Lorenz, NSS volumes and GroupWise are possible to cluster. I'm not sure about the CVS server though. Basically any serice that can access data from an NSS volume or from eDirectory should be possible to cluster. NCS requires NSS volumes, in...

location.protocol and location.host
Hi, What is the equivalent of location.protocol and location.host (used in Client side Java sripting) in Server-side scripting with C#?? thx...

Mixed NW/Linux OES Cluster Services
Lab Setup: 2 NW, 1 Linux OES Cluster - iSCSI (production will be FC to EMC CX - 4NW/2Linux nodes) Services hosted by cluster other than file: GroupWise, AFP, CIFS, FTP. Found GW did not fail correctly to Linux OES, but it looks like in a previous post someone else was working on scripting for that issue. Is there a Cool Solutions for this? Or TID? Concerned about the other services: AFP, CIFS, FTP - any suggestions of what/how to handle? Would it be best to just wait till NW is avail as a guest for Xen? This is an area where the marketing folk and the tech folk ...

OES(Linux) to OES2 (Linux)
Have a gaggle of servers running OES Linux. What are the reasons, compelling or otherwise, for upgrading/migrating, to OES2? Most of what I see are focused on convincing NetWare user to migrate to OES2. Being EOL or near EOL, would not be sufficient reason. -- joea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:36:04 +0000, joea wrote: > Being EOL or near EOL, would not be sufficient reason. If it's a production system it is. I would get all OES1 servers updated to OES2 ASAP. -- Joe Marton Novel...

OES Linux or OES Netware?
I have what I hope is a simple question. Is OES Linux up to the task or should I go with OES Netware for now and OES Linux at a later time (or version)? Were a small office of 20 people max. We use the current Netware (v6) as a file and print server, but I am planning on using GroupWise 7 after SP 1 is released. We also have a Windows SBS 2000 server that is only used for SQL Server. Matthew wrote: > I have what I hope is a simple question. Is OES Linux up to the task or > should I go with OES Netware for now and OES Linux at a later time (or > version)? > ...

Location of GW (for Linux) Web services page
Dear All Can anyone tell me where the Groupwise webaccess "Go" page is on Novell OES (Linux version)? I think I've successsfully installed GW 6.5 SP4 for Linux on Open Enterprise Server but can't get webaccess to work. The WebAccess Agent however is however loaded and running. A few of the TIDs as well as the installation documentation I've seen point to a .../gw directory but Ican't find it on my system. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me where I've gone wrong. regards Awuku a.danso@bbk.ac.uk wrote: > Can anyone tell me where the G...

Web resources about - Service location protocol - novell.oes.linux.admin

List of Massachusetts locations by per capita income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amazon adds more than 1000 Australian pickup locations with ParcelPoint
Rather than waiting around for unreliable couriers in the lead up to Christmas, you can have your Amazon parcels delivered to a nearby business ...

Sydney sleuth uncovers location of Kelly Slater's secret wave pool
Frenzied surfing pundits are continuing to plumb the depths of the internet in a bid to reveal the secret location of Kelly Slater's artificial ...

‘Fallout 4’ tips to Legendary Visionary’s Helm location, fighting Legendary enemies and possible cut ...
“Fallout 4” still has a lot of secrets to uncover and tips to make good use of out in the wasteland.

Two arrested in Sydney counter-terrorism raids, Woolloomooloo naval base among locations discussed
Two men are arrested in counter-terrorism raids in Sydney after police thwarted what they say were plots to attack locations including a naval ...

Just a fortnight after fifth Beijing location, 28th Chinese Apple Store opening on Saturday
... for more breaking coverage of AAPL Company , Apple Store , and china . What do you think? Discuss "Just a fortnight after fifth Beijing location, ...

Gas prices hit $1.60 a gallon or lower at these locations across the country
Remember the awful days when gas cost more than $4 a gallon? Those seem like a distant memory, as AutoBlog notes that the average gas price in ...

Madrona Venture Groups invests $6M in location awareness startup
The Puget Sound region’s most active venture capital firm just made another multi-million dollar investment in a location awareness startup. ...

This map shows all of the 'Star Wars' filming locations you can actually visit
... set to premiere this week, online travel site Cyplon Holidays has created an infographic showing all of the movies' real-life filming locations. ...

Jon Bon Jovi Joins NFL, Bruin Sports Capital and RedBird Capital in On Location Experiences Partnership ...
On Location Experiences (previously NFL On Location), a premium experiential hospitality business jointly owned by RedBird Capital Partners, ...