Netware Admin and SLES 9 admin rights

Hi,

How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 OS.

I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes through iManager
(logged in as the Netware administrator) I receive the error message 'CIO
error, permission denied".

Thank you.
0
Zavi
10/11/2006 9:50:48 AM
novell.oes.linux.admin 2944 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Zavi,

> Hi,
>
> How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9
> OS.

Just as you normally do within NetWare using C1 or iManager, check that
your admin is a trustee of root with all rights assigned.

> I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes through iManager
> (logged in as the Netware administrator) I receive the error message
> 'CIO error, permission denied".

Does it make a difference if you try the operation using nssmu on the OES
box. What if you retry the operation logged in as root instead of admin?

Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Systems Engineer/NSC Sysop
Telindus G�teborg AB

Telindus. Change things your way
http://www.telindus.com/
0
Niclas

Admin/admin equiv- who has??
Morning, I am attempting to get a handle on the numerous accounts in our eDir environment that have been assigned "admin/admin equiv" rights, not just for eDir but also for numerous file locations. Is there a simple/thorough way to produce: a list of accounts with these rights, that would include where they have these permissions. I am able to see what I think is pretty much all of them through Console1, but I require as much detail as I can possible get to move forward with shrinking this number...I have looked through the cool tools and places, but did not come across a...

Admin Rights For Non Admin User
Hi all  I'm looking for information to help solve the following problem :  I have a web app which allows non admin users the ability to reset passwords via LDAP. The users are all part of a single group who are the only people allowed access to the page using user.isinrole However none of them have the admin rights required to use the user.invoke("setpassword") function I was going to get our network admins to set me up with a specific user and password for this functionality but I have been led to believe that it's possible to do by running the web app under...

Does Provisioning admin user get admin rights
Hi, I have assigned user as provisioning admin in User app and using that user i am invoking the workflow from soap UI and creating a user in the eDir,when i check the user creatorName attribute in eDir, it shows as cn=admin,o=services. Does provisioning admin user had admin rights, i want that the users creatorName attribute to be the provisioning admin user with which i am invoking the work flow. how can i do this? Thanks. -- syadav_31 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 09/27/2010 02:06 PM, syadav 31 wrote: > > Hi,...

Admin vs. Container Admin
Can someone differentiate between rights that a root admin has vs. a container admin? We need to present this to site Managers. Thanking you in advance. Debbi -- deb_ozak The root admin can change anything The container admin can only change what is under the container Some things require rights to the server or volume/volumes object though. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at http://sup...

Admin
Is there an Admin function that allows me to insert, change items, categories, prices, etc or do I have to do that directly from the database? Also is there a way to access the database from remote machine that doesn't have Enterprise MGR installed (a web portal, where I could change tables)? Thanx for any help. CobyCo I suggest you read through the posts already made and your questions will be answered. It's always best to look before you post because I know that the first question was answered on the first page of this forum...........

ADMIN
Hi All, Could pls tell me whether a user is able to work with .net without admin rights. thanks, siva.   yes...

admin
Name: spyhunter Email: spyhunter_at_list.ru Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: admin Comments: test is live Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

admin
i just installed a new xppro machine running the latest novell client. network connects ok, but when i try to run nwadmin from the win32 directory i get an error message procedrue entry point sunmapl5.........not found in kernel.exe i have installed the upgrade to nwadmin any suggestions thx alan d samuels Alan, My guess is that your server's Win32 directory contains some Windows system DLLs which are not compatible with XP. Try if NWAMN32 works if you download it and install it locally on your workstation: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/se...

Admin
Could someone help me figure out what all needs to be changed in waht files so I can change the Admin folder name? My host uses HostingController as the web control panel and the have a redirect through an admin folder for me to log on to. So basically I need to rename my folder. Thanks Hammer12No Animals were harmed in the making of the Application Hammer12 Hmmm, there are quite a few changes, the main ones are all the user control references... It might be better to get a new host! Webhost4life is very good..Modules, Skins & Skin Objects @ www.smcculloch.net I think I'm...

Admin
I need help to create the admin page like the one on yonkly.com where registered users are displayed with there roles and when you click on the username it takes you to the edit page...

Admin
Hi folks, I would like to ask you a question. I would like make new admin user and actual disable. Can you help me what have I set for new user for example "shrek"? Should I set full access for every volume ? or on root ? What do you think ? I have Novell Netware 5 SP7 wish sys and data volumes. Thank you very much for any idea. Filip Filip Danes wrote: > Hi folks, > I would like to ask you a question. I would like make new admin user and > actual disable. Can you help me what have I set for new user for example > "shrek"? Should I set fu...

Admin
Is there anyway to administer Netware Server (4.11 in this case) without having the Netware client loaded? I have an XP client that has gateway services for netware but not the client, any way to administer a Netware server from the PC? Not well or completely. -- Dave Lunn NSF SysOp http://support.novell.com Essentially, no -- is there any reason why you can not install the client? Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Sysop Please post replies ONLY via the Newsgroup ...

Admin rights (all rights)
I am running a Netware 5.1 with sp7. The problem is as follows: > about once a week the users, including the Admin, seems to loose all the rights to any volumes, direcories or links. The Admin (as can all the users) can log in, see the volumes, but nothing insde these volumes. While this is happening the network printers also go down. Shuting down the server and restarting it cures the problem but in about a week it will happen again. Where do you suggest that I start to track this problem down and what could be causing it... Allan Nordal It's likely to be licens...

eDir Admin rights
Good Morning, How do I add permissions for an eDirectory user (Admin) to login to a linux server and get the root group permissions. I have LUM configured and I can login on the Linux Server (SLES 10.2/OES2 sp1) as admin, but I can't run the GroupWise 8 installation. The program asks for the root password and accepts it, but the program will still not run. The Admin user is part of the admingroup. I have other similar issues, but I will login as root and things are OK. Thank you, Tony -- afiore ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - Netware Admin and SLES 9 admin rights - novell.oes.linux.admin

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ