Moving user's home directories to NSS partition

Hi all!
Can I move/change my user's home directories to a NSS partition?
I need to setup the user home directory when create user account, using
\\server\volume at the user home directory field, in iManager.

Can I do this? Anybody here has some information about?

Tks,
Best regards...

Alan Cota.

0
Alan
8/1/2006 12:17:54 AM
novell.oes.linux.admin 2944 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:17:54 +0000, Alan Cota wrote:

Sure any user residing in eDirectory can have their home directory
residing on an NSS volume, no problem.
Just treat it the same way as if the volume had resided on a
NetWare server.

Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions AB

0
Niclas

Can you move User's Home Directories by Hand?
I have a need to move about 200 user's home directories from a NW5.0 server to and NW6.5 server. I was going to do it this weekend. I was searching around on Deja.com and it seems a lot of people pay a bundle to get a utility to do it. Is there anything wrong with just copying the directories from one server to another and then editing the user objects through console1 and changing it to the new loc? Obviously it will take some time, but is there any actual reason or danger invovled in just doing it this way? Thanks for your help. Hopefully, I can get it done this wee...

Automatically make directories in user's home directory
How can I do this? Basically I want the equivalent of /etc/skel on linux to happen on my netware box. Specifically what I am wanting is a Favorites folder and a Desktop folder made in their home directory so I can use folder redirection to point those portions of their profiles to there. I do not want to hand make these folders in every new user's home directory. Thanks! Adam I see that those mirectories are made automatically. Although I would still be interested to know if there is some way to do an equivalent to /etc/skel because I can see that being usefull. T...

Boot partition's full (whoops), how do I install app's to my home partition now?
Hey, When I loaded opensuse 11.3 for the first time, I used the automatic partitioner and have been loading app's onto my ~8GB boot partition, and now that it's full, I have ~15 GB free on my home partition and need to install a few more app's to get my laptop fully functional. Is there a way (other than copying the boot partition to the home partition and then repartitioning, copying again to the repartitioned drive, and then recopying again to the freed up space) to get the new app's I install to redirect to my home partition? Thanks in advance for the help (pwweee...

changes made from one user's webpart's page, effects all user's
 I am just doing this offline right now in Visual Web Developer Express 2008I created the login inonce in the memberpage area, people can modify their webpart page. I created several users to test this out.  I loaded it in a browser.When I make changes as logged in user "A" .  Then logout and login as user "B", user "B,s" webpart page has been changed to user "A".This goes true for whomever I log in as.  It changes for everyone.Is there something specific I need to do in order to get everyone's changes to be unique for them...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

Install into user's HOME directory?

Accessing a user's home directory
Hello, I'm building a xulrunner application, and I have a need to store/ access files in a user's home directory; that is, the application may be installed system-wide, but each user will be able to store/access their own files with it. How do I reference the user's home directory in a platform-agnostic way? Thanks! John On 06/02/2007 00:46 (CET), john wrote: > Hello, > > I'm building a xulrunner application, and I have a need to store/ > access files in a user's home directory; that is, the application may > be installed system-wide...

OES Linux moving Tree's
How do I move an OES server from one tree to another tree with out re-staging the box. Can this be done from ndsconfig as easily as it can be done from nwconfig on netware? Thanks -Paul Paul, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at h...

Copy webparts from admin's page to regular user's page
I'm new to ASP.Net Webpart. I have a very basis question about how to copy webparts from admin's page to regular user's page. I understand that the admin could use the share mode to initially setup his webpart page. Then all other users would see the same webpart if they accesses to the same url. But let's say, if we have multiple departments, and each department has it own admin, and each department may have different webparts to be included in the page. One more requirememt that after the regular user accesses the page on the first time (after the department's admin has set the page up)...

Securing or encrypting a user's home directory
Does anyone have any experience or recommendations with products that could encrypt a user's home directory entirely, where by they would unlock it upon logging into the tree? Maybe something that integrates into the Novell client. We use NetWare 6.5 file servers but are headed towards OES2 Thanks! -- dsmi87dgf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Guidance on User/Directory quotas in OES-Linux NSS volume.
Hello, I have recently installed an OES-Linux server with an NSS Volume. This NSS volume will hold the user accounts as well as some folders that will be shared by all users. I would like to do the following: - Create a folder (e.g.: \NSSVOL:\USERS\) that will hold the home directories of the users. - Give the users a quota of 250MB for their home directories. - Create a folder (e.g.:\NSSVOL:\SHAREDF\) that will be shared by all users. Users can put as many files as they want in this shared folder (:\SHAREDF) but this folder will have a limit of 3GB. Is it possible to achieve t...

Re-associate User ID's with Home Directories
Hello all, When our main server crashed, we had to restore from backup. All the volumes containing our users files were restored back into their original location and server was given the same name, but our users have lost the association between their account and home directory. We started to manually go through and re-associate the directories with the users on ConsoleOne, but this would take days. Is there a tool that could perform a batch operation for such a task? The User ID is the same as the folder name. Thanks in advance, Tim Williams If it were me, I'd...

ifolder 2.1 and user's Home directory
Is it possible to have ifolder point to the user's H:drive? I think it would be much easier to maintain. Also easier on the users they would not have to track 2 sets of files. I know this was not available on previous versions. Can someone let me know if its been added or how to do it? Thank you. , > Is it possible to have ifolder point to the user's H:drive? I think it > would be much easier to maintain. Also easier on the users they would not > have to track 2 sets of files. I know this was not available on previous > versions. Can someone let me know i...

NXserver, No .Xauthority file in user's home directory
Been trying to get nxserver running on 11.2 i386 at location A and keep getting an error on connecting from client at location B. Code: -------------------- NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 6439 NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options NX> 200 Connected to address: 72.4.183.23 on port: 22 NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey /usr/bin/xauth: /usr/NX/home/nx/.Xauthority not writable, changes will be ignored HELLO NXSERVE...

Web resources about - Moving user's home directories to NSS partition - novell.oes.linux.admin

List of web directories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Open Directory Project (a.k.a. ODP or dmoz) – The largest directory of the Web. Its open content is mirrored at many sites, including the Google ...

To Complement Its Search Engine, Facebook Launches People, Pages, and Places Directories
Facebook is now closer than ever to becoming the phone book for the internet. The site recently launched a Directory of people , Pages , and ...

Directories - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Princess Diana leaked royal directories to Murdoch tabloid, court hears
The former royal editor of Rupert Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid the News of the World told a court on Thursday that the late Princess ...

Telstra slashes 800 jobs from directories arm Sensis
TELSTRA is slashing 800 jobs from its struggling directories arm Sensis just one month after the telco giant sold a 70 per cent stake in the ...

Government To Stop Publishing Contact Information In Blue Pages Of Phone Directories
... has decided to stop publishing contact information for all of its departments and agencies in the blue pages section of telephone directories.A ...

File System Programming Guide: About Files and Directories
Explains how to create and manage files and directories.

Fixing directories
Web directories are one of the key points of differentiation between plans on the Exchanges. A single company can offer half a dozen networks ...

PBJ Local Directories
... newsletters, events, print subscription, digital subscription or other special offers. Welcome to Philadelphia Business Journal's local directories. ...

Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch Guides - Directories and guides
The Bradenton Herald is your source for Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch directories and guides.