How do you install the install the kernel source?

In OES linux, how do you install the kernel source and what's the recommend
source cd - that is, oes sp2 or the original disks.

Thank you.
0
zavi
1/19/2007 5:21:33 PM
novell.oes.linux.admin 2944 articles. 0 followers. Follow

* zavi@hotmail.com wrote, On 01/19/2007 06:21 PM:
> In OES linux, how do you install the kernel source and what's the recommend
> source cd - that is, oes sp2 or the original disks.

Just go into Yast, Software Management and install the kernel sources. It will ask you for the right CD. Then do an update through rug or Red Carpet to have the sources updated, i.e. match the version of your running kernel.

Uwe

--
Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.

High system load average after NCS OES/Linux cluster install (repost from n.s.o-e-s.linux.install)
Hi folks, I'm on about my 6th attempt at installing an OES/Linux SP1 cluster, and i've managed to overcome most of the issues, with the exception of this one: as soon as i configure and start NCS, the load average of my system goes from less than 1 to over 6 and sits there constantly. The CPU is 95-99% idle, so it seems that the system is creating and destroying processes constantly. I've disabled a couple of the more probable processes (ones that occasionally appear at the top of the utilization list in top): ndsd and owcimomd, but neither of these make any differenc...

To install or not to install?

Convert Source Install into Binary Install
What is the best way to take an existing DNN site that was installed via source install, and remove all the unneeded files to create a binaries only version? *Note this is a production site, that is already in use, and has many custom modules. Thanks in advance. Regards,Scott SchecterEntitySpacesSchecter Technology Solutions Scott, I would recommend using Beyond Compare and remove all unnecessary files (when you compare your production site with the Install version that you can download from the dnn website) manually.However, be extra carefull around the /Portals, /Install and /D...

Installation requires Admin account to install
Name: Diana Murphy Email: dianaatmurphynationdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Installation requires Admin account to install Comments: Running Vista 64 as a standard user. When I tried to install the program, I was prompted for the admin password, which I supplied, but then was told that I did not have permission to access that directory. I was successful in installing the program after logging in as the admin. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Update installation source for autoyast installation
Hi, I'm trying to set up an autoyast installation. How can I add all available updates to the installation source. I tested with create_update_source.sh, but now I have wrong dependencies with older rpms like glibc. I marked "do not install glibc-2.4-31.30", so I get more and more dependency problems. How can I fix this? Thanks! Nicole #### YaST2 conflicts list - generated 2008-04-29 07:37:42 #### Installation von glibc-2.4-31.30.i686[SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1] nicht m.glich glibc-2.4-31.30.i686[SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1] kann n...

OpenSUSE Install Wiped Out Other Linux Installs
Man, I was really hoping this would not happen. I took great care in the Partitioning section, working from the left side, to designate which partition I wanted to install to. I think it got that right. There were some swap partitions already set up, and I suppose it latched onto one of those as well. The 1.5 Grub boot process is rather nice looking. Lots of green, whereas I prefer blue tints myself. But now none of the other Linux distros installed previously will boot, always a file missing. That is with three hard drives and 14 partitions involved. Got to play nice, you ...

FTP installation source broken after install
Greetings, I know this is something stupid that I'm doing wrong but....I have some older servers without DVD drives, so I set up a SLES10SP3 32-bit installation folder on our ftp server, under the root in the pub/sles10sp3 folder. I coped all the files from the DVD there. So the install goes fine, I boot from the 32-bit CD, choose FTP during install and configure the server and folder, anonymous access. It finds all the files and installs. Then, once the install is done, anytime I access anything with software I'm told it can't access the installation media, when I...

Where is the source kernel installed?
Hi, I want to install the OPENSUSE source kernel package. The Yast2--software installation has that module. Because my previous hard disk space is too small, I repartitioned a new extention partition, then a logic drive on it. I want to know how can I find the installed source kernel? I cannot find any clue when I install the source kernel? BTW, where has the help info on my question? Thanks. -- freerjw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 01:36:02 +0530, freerjw <freerjw@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote: ...

OES Linux installation
I'm going to install OES linux (sp1) for the first time. (All of my other servers are OES Netware) Some questions that hopefully you gurus can help out with: This will be the first OES linux server installed in an existing tree. The guide says to run deployment manager first. Where do I find that? Currently only one of my Netware 6.5 servers is at sp4. Should they all be sp4 before adding the Linux server? I already have iFolder running on a Netware server. I like some of the features available in the linux iFolder and want to install it. Do I need to uninstall iFolder...

Installing kernel source
Hi folks I'm more or less new to linux. So I'm testing different distributions for my Asus Eee 1005HA. At the moment I'm trying out the openSUSE 11.1 version of Moblin. Because of the old kernel, the wired and wireless lan connections aren't working. I read some guides about how to compile the needed atheros driver for wired connection on openSUSE 11.1. Am I right, that this should work for my Moblin version too? The problem is, that I need the kernel source for 2.6.30.9-1-default. I downloaded src/kernel-source-2.6.30.9-4.1.src.rpm from 'Index of /repositori...

Install 2 nodes cluster : OES Linux and OES Netware
I would like to build a cluster with our Netware OES files server with a new OES Linux server. I seems like there is no installation path when you want to create a brand new cluster with OES Netware and OES Linux. I tried with the nwdeploy but I can't select my OES Linux as the second server and the tool won't let me install a cluster with one server (well that make sense). Anyone know the a good installation path for a mixed two node cluster ? Thanks, Louis-Steve Desjardins Salut The Netware/Linux mixed cluster are intended for migration path. If starting a n...

Any way install OES without Full Install
Has anyone found a way to install OES instead of SP3 without going through the Java install (Through nwconfig etc.)? I can apply SP3 and it shows OES but the additional components are not updated. I realize I can install iManager later but would rather an all in one SP to OES. Current OS is NW65SP2. Thanks Hi, Ted wrote: > > Has anyone found a way to install OES instead of SP3 without going > through the Java install There is absolutely no way to do it, that's exactly why SP3 doesn't upgrade the OES components. WOuld it be possible, the SP would do it...

kernel install via yast destroys installation
I have compiled a lot of kernels in former SuSe releases. It was easy to keep several kernels in the boot menu. With OpenSuse 11.1, I did the following: 1. I installed nvidia driver from nvidia site 2. with software "management" of YAST I selected trace kernel for install 3. after reboot I found that old pae-kernel has been removed from boot list!! -> software "management"? 4. nvidia module could not be loaded with trace-kernel, no graphical login possible 5. with software "management" of YAST I deselected trace-kernel with Yast while keeping ol...

Web resources about - How do you install the install the kernel source? - novell.oes.linux.admin

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Apple’s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...