XP pro with Netware and windows client

I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a
windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now
going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a
workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at
all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked
to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we
only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing
before,.

Please help.
Thanks
client. 4.9 and or 4.83

0
burnabryan

Burnabryan,

Can you verify NWGINA is set to load?...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"GinaDLL"="NWGINA.DLL"

And another GINA is not getting in the way?...

Using a 3rd Party GINA with the Novell Client
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2950350.htm

How does NWGINA work?
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10059511.htm

Or you've configured AutoAdminLogon and some values are set to disable the
Novell GINA...

Need to disable the Novell Login during bootup on Windows NT/2000/XP for trouble
shooting
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10054281.htm

ZENworks for Desktops Management Agent 4 could be getting in the way...

Microsoft (MSGINA) login dialog displayed instead of Novell dialog after
installing 4.90 client.
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086499.htm

--
Tony Pedretti
TransUnion LLC

0
Tony
3/8/2004 10:05:49 PM
I had big problems with the 4.90 client with the same symptons you are
having.  Check in your Novell client config, Advanced Login, and on initial
novell login make sure it says yes (or depending on the version there may be
just a spot you tick) click ok.  I usually tell it no to reboot there and
then get the 4.90 sp1a version patch and install it.  This fixed it for me.
Without the sp1a patch it was random whether the initial novell login would
work or not.

<burnabryan@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a
> windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now
> going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a
> workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at
> all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked
> to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we
> only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing
> before,.
>
> Please help.
> Thanks
> client. 4.9 and or 4.83