XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2

I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2.  I loaded
the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump
and blue screen everytime I boot up.  Is there an issue with XP sp2 or
do I need a different client.

Please help
Dustin
0
Dustin

Hy,

we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2.
Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue
screen.
I think, the variante D cure this problem.

Regards

Christian Wolff
MIS Software

mailto:service@mis-software.de
http://www.mis-software.de
Tel: +49(0)3328 317770
Fax: +49(0)941 5992 31776
callto:mis-service

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

"Dustin" <iamtheone@telus.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2.  I loaded the
>netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and
>blue screen everytime I boot up.  Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I
>need a different client.
>
> Please help
> Dustin

0
Novell
1/11/2005 8:41:21 PM
Dustin,

As Christian suggests, it would be worth trying the update D for the client.

In the bluescreen, does it say which module is causing the bluescreen?

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)

0
Hamish

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

XP SP2 and Client 4.9 SP2
Anyone else getting a BSOD with this config. The PC is a DELL Optiplex GX 280 straight out of the box. No antivirus software installed. XP factory installed. Installed XP SP2 . PC running fine until I installed Client 4.9 SP2. I suggest to perform a clean WinXP install. Get drivers directly from chip maker (not Dell). Then try to custom install NC. Later apply WinXP SP2 to see what happens. <spam@spam.com> wrote in message news:s5W8d.1977$Bo1.1957@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Anyone else getting a BSOD with this config. The PC is a DELL Optiplex GX > 280 stra...

Win XP SP2 / Client 4.9 SP2
Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? What is "Windows XP SP2"? Where can I get it? ;-) <dnowak@robinsonknife.com> wrote in message news:ixUJc.4547$gg.2326@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? > Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? Yes -- there are some post SP2 updates to the 4.9 client -- they are not 'full release' yet but might be of use here as well. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop dnowak, I've bee...

Client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2
Remote Management Service doesn't startup after reboot or restart! Operationssystem Windows XP with SP2! Clientversion 4.9 SP2! What is the reason and what can i do?????? Thomas, Verify stopping and/or setting Windows Firewall/ICS service to manual works around the issue. Earlier this month someone mentioned that "The work around was to add zenrem32.exe to the list of exceptions." As that exe is not a ZFD 3.x file I can find, you may want to try making an exception in the Windows Firewall control panel applet for "wuser32.exe". Technically ZENworks...

Win XP sp2 & NW client 4.9 sp2
I have taken the plunge and installed windows XP sp2, only to find that the 4.9 sp2 client now copies the netware username to the windows username, regardless of the client property setting. Has anyone seen this yet or have a way of stopping this ? Thanks Emma Emma, Interesting. Have not seen that on boxes with the same setup. In Windows XP Group Policy, the following policy exists... Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Interactive logon: Do not display last user name What is it set to? Got the previous line fro...

Explorer crashes with client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2.
Hi, I've rolled out about 70 desktops/laptops which are running client 4.9 SP2 on windows XP with SP2 installed, they have been rolled out using imagecast so they should all be the same. However after a while we are starting to experience explorer crashes, most of the time while working in lotus notes 6 but this has started to happen outside of notes occasionally. It appears to only happen when a file dialog or similar is brought up which is when it's listing the netware mapped drives so it would appear that this is the issue. has anyone else experienced this and...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Netware Client 4.90 SP for Win XP with SP2 Sleep mode
I have gateway 200xl with 1 GB RAM running Windows XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.90 SP2 English on Windows NT/2000/XP (English) installed connected to the NW 5.1 on dell server. Problem: When screen saver kicks inn user can login into workstation but cant even find my server. Is it neware problem or hardware problem with network card? Can you guide me? Thanks Joe, Could be a name resolution issue. Is SLP setup to resolve NetWare names over IP? Any additional components of the Novell Client installed (ie. ZFD agents, NMAS, NetIdentity, etc.)? Is the Novell Client instal...

Client 4.90 sp2 and XP sp2
I have a few XP workstations with sp2 and the firewall set to "on". A few of my workstations are having problems with seeing the NDS tree. They will be able to login in but after a minute when windows loads everything - they are not able to access anything on the novell network. We can see the mapped drives but as soon as we click on it - it says it is not available. We try to login again and we will receive an error message that it cannot find the tree when we click on the context. This will happen intermittenly and can kick them off at any moment. It only happ...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Netware 4.0 Compatibility with Client 4.9 on XP
My server is running NetWare 4.0 and all of my Windows 98 workstations (running client 3.32) are able to login perfectly fine. I just got a new P4 Windows XP workstation though and installed the XP client 4.9 sp2, and that one will not login at all, it doesn't even show the tress or server in the advanced tab. Does anyone know how this could be corrected? Make sure to run the installation with 'Custom' 'IPX Only' options. Also, v4.9 is not the recommended client for NetWare4.x - you should uninstall it and install this client: http://www.novell.com/coolsol...

XP Pro client 4.83 sp2 or 4.9 sp1a
2 New Dell 5100 laptop's. tried to load the novell client 4.83 sp2 on both of them. One works great. the other I get the novell login screen and try to login for first time. I select the browse button for the tree and it comes up with the tree and I select the tree, I then select the browse button for the server and it comes up with the error 'Cannot access tree "AAA"' where "AAA" is my tree name. I blank out the field where the tree is listed and then I select the browse button for the server. It comes up with the correct server, So I select the s...

Netware Client 4.9 SP2
Folks, I have a bizzare problem I have some pc's that have 4.9sp2 on them , the OS is Windows XP Sp1 , when you start the PC's you either get a blue screen of death before the login or after ,, any idea's. dnowak, What process or file is the blue screen referring to? Check out some of the post-SP2 updates... Beta updates for 4.90 (beta can be and is better in some cases than production) http://support.novell.com/filefinder/18193/beta.html -- Tony Pedretti TransUnion LLC Alas Novell, Yet again I am totally dismayed at Novell's Q&A......

Netware client 4.9 on XP
I setup a new Dell XP workstation as always. I added a static IP for it, added it to the Windows 2000 domain, then installed the client. I started with the 4.8 client but it has 4.9 on it now. When I log into the workstation it prompts that no domain controller is available. I know that it is and it is only a problem with this workstation. If I choose workstation only it will loging and I have access to all of the Windows 2000 servers. It has to be a client issue and is only with this newest workstation. Any ideas?? Try if the problem also exists with SP1: ...

Web resources about - XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ