workstation unlock error 1497 (0xfffffa27)

After locking the workstation (windows key +L) it fails to unlock when
the users password is entered.  I have several comps coming up with this
error.  Dell GX755's/745's, XPsp3, Novell client 4.91 sp5.  I found a
reference to an old TID about this by doing a Google search, but
apparently it's a bad link.  Any ideas?

--
jeffdamonalaska

jeffdamonalaska

Try these:
http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/302884-error-1497-0xfffffa27.html
'Internal error 0xFFFFFA27 reported when logging into NDS with NMAS
enabled FFFFFA27'
(http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3576402&sliceId=1)

--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Knowledge Partner

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=419269

0
ataubman
8/26/2010 1:06:02 AM
The info in that TID hooked me up.  Problem solved.  Thanks ataubman!!

--
jeffdamonalaska
jeffdamonalaska's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=92816
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=419269

0
jeffdamonalaska
9/1/2010 6:05:53 PM
jeffdamonalaska;2014855 Wrote:
> After locking the workstation (windows key +L) it fails to unlock when
> the users password is entered.  I have several comps coming up with this
> error.  Dell GX755's/745's, XPsp3, Novell client 4.91 sp5.  I found a
> reference to an old TID about this by doing a Google search, but
> apparently it's a bad link.  Any ideas?

I know this thread is a few months old, but I found the solution after
having the same problem. Novell has a solution posted here 'Internal
error 0xFFFFFA27 reported when logging into NDS with NMAS enabled
FFFFFA27'
(http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3576402&sliceId=1)

I tried it and it worked.

--
spidertech1
spidertech1's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=100083
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=419269

0
spidertech1

Error 0xFFFFFa27 unlocking windows 7 workstation and a possi
We've had issues where seemingly at random a user will be unable to unlock the workstation with their eDirectory credentials with the following error. "The network password cannot be validated at this time because the connection to the Novell network was lost. Please enter the password for the Windows account to unlock the computer now, or wait and try the network password again later." We think this is related to an old NICI issue with DLU users, as per http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3576402&sliceId=1 IF we manually reset the permis...

Error 602 unexpected error occurred while unlocking the workstation ....
Hello you all, By random users logging in on windows 2000 terminal server with Novell client 4.90.2.20040617 (sp2) they receive after unlocking the workstation the following error: "Unexpected error occurred while unlocking the workstation. Try to unlock, or select different credentialtype to unlock error 602 (0xFFFFFFDA6). Has anybody experience with such error. Cannot find anything in the Novell knowledge base beside the "No_Such_value error" Regards Ger van de Kolk Gvdkolk, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response ...

Error -1497 (0xFFFFFA27)
I'm getting this on an XP tablet when they try to unloack the workstation. I've removed the Novell Client 4.91 SP4 for Windows and re-installed it. This happens and re-installing the Client and NMAS and NICI usually fixes it. Mike, Are you using universal password? What OS version and SP level are your servers running? -- Marcel Cox Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com/ Mike, Your Windows config in combination with NICI is the most likely cause... Internal error 0xFFFFFA27 reported when logging into NDS with NMAS enabled FFFFFA27 ...

Error when unlocking workstation
Recently I had my Novell Account renamed. Now whenever I lock my machine and then try to unlock it by entering my credentials I get one of the following error message: "Unlocking the workstation with NMAS requires using the same sequence as specified during login." or "An unexpected error occurred while attempting to unlock the workstation. Try to unlock the workstation again or select a different credential type for unlck. Error 1479 (0xFFFFFA27)." These errors only occur when the "From" field reads "eDirectory". If I change it to ...

Netware backupexec XP workstation
Hi - I have been trying to enable backup of the internal drive of an XP (sp2) workstatsion to the central backup unit on our 2 server cluster. The backup software is Backupexec 9.1 and is on Server2 or the system. I have enabled the TSA software on the XP workstation and it is running (Started) in the services section of the XP modules. When I scan for new clients on Server2 via Backupexec it is detected, but when I try a sample backup of the Workstation through Backupexec I cannot login to the Workstation TSA from the Backupexec console. ERROR - Unable to log into Server2 Workst...

Error -1417 while unlock the workstation
Hi, after client update from 4.9SP2 to 4.91SP4 (with patches) we have a problem that on some workstations users cannot unlock it. Does anyone know something about this error meassage? -1417 is a NICI error: http://www.novell.com/documentation/nwec/nwec/data/al2oa7c.html and NICI errors when unlocking Windows is often connected to this: https://secure-support.novell.com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/643/3576402_f.SAL_Public.html http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/Solutions/10085576.html Regards Rolf Lidvall Swedish Radio (Ltd) ...

xp and netware
We run XP workstations for our clients connecting to our Novell network. The problem is that our users get the workstation login message and if they click to synch with novell on login, then the next user cannot access the workstation as they dont know the new workstation password. we could use the autoadmin workaround but we dont want the users logging on with admin priveleges With AutoAdminLogon, you can specify any user. The user need not be a member of the administrator's group. thomas_stilinovich@health.qld.gov.au wrote: > We run XP workstations for our clients c...

Unlocking NT-2K-XP Workstation
What are the minimum NDS rights required in order for someone to be able to unlock a workstation locked by someone else? My NOVELL user ID can unlock a locked workstation. However, I have full rights to the entire tree. I want anyone to be able to unlock a locked workstation because we have so many shared PCs in public areas. Any ideas? Keith, I believe you need administrator rights (not NDS) to the local workstation. Either thru a domain or local account. -- Tony Pedretti TransUnion LLC I suspected that initially as well, but I have proven out that that is not ...

workstation can not be unlocked error message
We have recently installed Client 4.9 and latest workstation agent on W2k workstations running ZFD4. now when some users lock the workstation and then return to unlock they get the following: NMAS-2.0-1 NMAS.DLL could not initialize cryptographic services or cryptographic services are not available (-1497) the same workstations that previously allowed remote control now respond with the following: Either you do not have the rights to remote control or the target workstation is not confugured with tcp/ip remote control can not be launched. we do not really want to ...

errors errors errors..

unlock xp workstation with windows credentials by default
Hi, what do I need to change in the registry to configure a Agent only machine so that upon unlocking the machine "Windows" and not "NDS" is the credentialset that is proposed by default. On a similar note: how can I set "workstation only" for the system logon? Background: we write a dll that reacts to events like unsuspend/screensaver end etc which can run scripts upon these events which would effectively verify that the user is on a secured connectin (over VPN) which permits to athenticate against the NDS and failing so would automatically pr...

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

Win XP shutdown after trying to Unlock Workstation
We have had three different machines exhibit the same problem: When the user enters their password to unlock the workstation it waits a couple seconds then starts to shut down the PC. It gets as far as 'saving settings' and hangs. All the PCs have the latest 4.91 client installed. Any thoughts on cause/solution? Thanks Andrew On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:20:54 +0000, nospam wrote: > We have had three different machines exhibit the same problem: > When the user enters their password to unlock the workstation it waits a > couple seconds then starts to shut down t...

Web resources about - workstation unlock error 1497 (0xfffffa27) - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Anthro workstation with World of Warcraft
That’s a Mac Pro and three Apple 27″ Displays, mounted to an Anthro Elevate Adjusta with a Monitors in Motion Boa monitor arm. Yes, running World ...

Citrix WinFrame 1.8 upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 Workstation - YouTube
This is my recording of doing an in place upgrade of the elusive Citrix WinFrame 1.8 version of Windows NT 3.51. I was able to do an in place ...

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Fusion-IO Brings Flash Madness To Workstations, And Movies Like 'Hugo'
... the founding member of the AllThingsD Flash Madness Club , last summer’s hot IPO , said today it is bringing its flash technology to workstations. ...