WinXP SP2 with Client 4.91 SP2 Boot Up Issue

I have a WinXP SP2 workstation running Novell Client 4.91 SP2 that
always boots up with the "Workstation Only" option checked. This has
been the case from the first time the client was installed on the PC. I
have never logged in as "Workstation Only" on this PC and the PC was
connected to the network at the time the client was installed.
Initially and subsequent times, it's logged into the network.

Each time it's booted up, the "Workstation Only" checkbox has to be
cleared.

Any ideas?

--
Lea
0

Lea,

> I have a WinXP SP2 workstation running Novell Client 4.91 SP2 that
> always boots up with the "Workstation Only" option checked. This has
> been the case from the first time the client was installed on the PC. I
> have never logged in as "Workstation Only" on this PC and the PC was
> connected to the network at the time the client was installed.
> Initially and subsequent times, it's logged into the network.
>
> Each time it's booted up, the "Workstation Only" checkbox has to be
> cleared.

Take a look at:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10090886.htm

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

XP SP2 and Client 4.9 SP2
Anyone else getting a BSOD with this config. The PC is a DELL Optiplex GX 280 straight out of the box. No antivirus software installed. XP factory installed. Installed XP SP2 . PC running fine until I installed Client 4.9 SP2. I suggest to perform a clean WinXP install. Get drivers directly from chip maker (not Dell). Then try to custom install NC. Later apply WinXP SP2 to see what happens. <spam@spam.com> wrote in message news:s5W8d.1977$Bo1.1957@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Anyone else getting a BSOD with this config. The PC is a DELL Optiplex GX > 280 stra...

Client 4.90 sp2 and XP sp2
I have a few XP workstations with sp2 and the firewall set to "on". A few of my workstations are having problems with seeing the NDS tree. They will be able to login in but after a minute when windows loads everything - they are not able to access anything on the novell network. We can see the mapped drives but as soon as we click on it - it says it is not available. We try to login again and we will receive an error message that it cannot find the tree when we click on the context. This will happen intermittenly and can kick them off at any moment. It only happ...

Win XP SP2 / Client 4.9 SP2
Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? What is "Windows XP SP2"? Where can I get it? ;-) <dnowak@robinsonknife.com> wrote in message news:ixUJc.4547$gg.2326@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? > Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? Yes -- there are some post SP2 updates to the 4.9 client -- they are not 'full release' yet but might be of use here as well. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop dnowak, I've bee...

Client 4.90 SP2 Crashing WinXP SP2
Hi. We have a user who is getting periodic crashes on his Gateway M675 laptop. I've analyzed the Minidump crash files, and it appears to be happening in NetWare\srvloc.sys. Has anybody seen this? Here's the output from WinDbg: --snip-- Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.0017.0 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini120304-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols Executable s...

Client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2
Remote Management Service doesn't startup after reboot or restart! Operationssystem Windows XP with SP2! Clientversion 4.9 SP2! What is the reason and what can i do?????? Thomas, Verify stopping and/or setting Windows Firewall/ICS service to manual works around the issue. Earlier this month someone mentioned that "The work around was to add zenrem32.exe to the list of exceptions." As that exe is not a ZFD 3.x file I can find, you may want to try making an exception in the Windows Firewall control panel applet for "wuser32.exe". Technically ZENworks...

Client 4.91 SP2 NICI Issue
--____JLCSVEAASAXKTKDPWLZV____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On a clean system (Ie never had client before) I downloaded Client 4.91 = SP2 and manually ran the install. I took a custom install, added ndps, = removed IPX if installed, removed NMAS, but left NICI. The "Client" = installs, NDPS also installs, but NICI is getting "The InstallShield = Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed. The system cannot find the = path specified. Workstation is Windows XP SP2 This issue was raised a while back.....

4.91 sp2 on XP sp2 "no tree or server"
Grettings I too have been seeing the "no tree or server found" error. I have resolved many of them but have one stickler. Facts- Novell client sp2, OS = XP tablet edition, This computer functioned fine after upgrading to 4.91sp2. After a boot problem it failed with "no tree or server found". Removed client, reinstalled it continued to fail. SLP Da was delivered via dhcp and showed "192.168.21.X DHCP NORSP ? 192.168.0.196 <unknown>" also shows SLP bytes outbound, but no inbound The da address is pingable. Other 200 clients ...

Explorer crashes with client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2.
Hi, I've rolled out about 70 desktops/laptops which are running client 4.9 SP2 on windows XP with SP2 installed, they have been rolled out using imagecast so they should all be the same. However after a while we are starting to experience explorer crashes, most of the time while working in lotus notes 6 but this has started to happen outside of notes occasionally. It appears to only happen when a file dialog or similar is brought up which is when it's listing the netware mapped drives so it would appear that this is the issue. has anyone else experienced this and...

Win XP sp2 & NW client 4.9 sp2
I have taken the plunge and installed windows XP sp2, only to find that the 4.9 sp2 client now copies the netware username to the windows username, regardless of the client property setting. Has anyone seen this yet or have a way of stopping this ? Thanks Emma Emma, Interesting. Have not seen that on boxes with the same setup. In Windows XP Group Policy, the following policy exists... Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Interactive logon: Do not display last user name What is it set to? Got the previous line fro...

ISSUE netware info NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1
I have Novell 5 SP6 server (IP and IPX).I am using NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1 on WinXP SP1, SP2 workstations - IP protocol is used. When i open netware info tab on XP machine - no information is present (look at screenshot). There is an directory with czech diacritics.When I use NW client 4.83 or 4.90 all informations are present. Thanks for your reply. begin 666 Nw issue.JPG M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_X0`617AI9@``24DJ``@```````````#_ MVP!#``@&!@<&!0@'!P<)"0@*#!0-# L+#!D2$P\4'1H?'AT:'!P@)"XG("(L M(QP<*#<I+# Q-#0T'R<Y...

ISSUE netware info NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1
I have Novell 5 SP6 server (IP and IPX).I am using NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1 on WinXP SP1, SP2 workstations - IP protocol is used. When i open netware info tab on XP machine - no information is present (look at screenshot). There is an directory with cyech diactics.When I use NW client 4.83 or 4.90 all informations are present. Thanks for your reply. begin 666 Nw issue.JPG M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_X0`617AI9@``24DJ``@```````````#_ MVP!#``@&!@<&!0@'!P<)"0@*#!0-# L+#!D2$P\4'1H?'AT:'!P@)"XG("(L M(QP<*#<I+# Q-#0T'R...

Client 4.91 sp4 and Windows XP sp2
We recently updated some of our field offices with new 6.5 servers and incorporated them into our WAN. While doing this we updated all workstations to the newest client we had (4.9.4). Everything worked great until recently. When we brought all the field stations into the WAN we also connected them to our SUS server so they could get some badly need updates. As workstations started getting sp2 for XP pushed down to them, clients began failing and had to be reinstalled (they worked fine after that). We have several workstations spread out over the state so I suspended the XPsp2 push...

Web resources about - WinXP SP2 with Client 4.91 SP2 Boot Up Issue - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

Sydney builder Bill Issa convicted of attacking clients who complained about his work
... to fix up rundown family homes and transform them into something flashy and new. "It will feel like a new home," he promised one client. "It ...

Client’s “Great Thanksgiving Listen” Campaign Featured on Google Homepage
We love when our clients are successful, and StoryCorps and their amazing Thanksgiving Listen campaign being featured on Google’s homepage certainly ...

Popular Instagram client removed from App Store for harvesting usernames, passwords
Apple today has pulled a popular Instagram client from the App Store after it was found to be harvesting usernames and passwords. First noticed ...

Are You There Biglaw? It’s Me, The Client: Why GCs Are Pulling Even More Business From Firms
Survey shows 40 percent of GCs are looking to pull business from firms in the coming year.

Agencies Should Follow Clients' Lead on Diversity
A few weeks ago, PepsiCo's Brad Jakeman called out advertising agencies for not evolving with the times. Most important, he criticized them for ...

Instagram client InstaAgent exposed as malware, pulled from App Store
A much-downloaded third-party Instagram client has just been pulled from the App Store after it was found to have behaved maliciously. The app ...

HP AMD-powered t730 is first thin client with native 4K offers Windows or Linux
Business workstations and thin clients are often boring affairs; however, they do not have to be. There is no reason why such a computer cannot ...