Windows XP SP2 Client 2.91 problems

We are currently having a major problem with all XP workstations with SP2.
 None of the workstations can log in to the Netware 6.5 network.  Any
workstation with SP1 or Win2K machines can log on without issue.
All XP boxes have 4.91 sp1 client.  We are installing SP2 for client 4.91
to see if it corrects issues.
Any help would be most appreciated
0
slw

Does it help if you place the server's IP address in the server field at the
logon screen?

How are you trying to find/resolve the servers?  SLP?
If so post the results of "SLPINFO /ALL" from both SP1 and SP2 boxes.

--
Craig Wilson
CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA

Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com
(I Peter 4:10)

0
craig_d_wilson
4/23/2005 2:48:45 AM
slw@obec.com wrote:
> We are currently having a major problem with all XP workstations with SP2.
>  None of the workstations can log in to the Netware 6.5 network.  Any
> workstation with SP1 or Win2K machines can log on without issue.
> All XP boxes have 4.91 sp1 client.  We are installing SP2 for client 4.91
> to see if it corrects issues.
> Any help would be most appreciated

WINDOWS FIREWALL IS PROBABLY ENABLED !!!
0
Andrei

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

Fault with v4.91 client on Windows XP SP2
--____QVRZRSWNIMCDWNDBMGRI____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii We have the latest client and the post patches right up to 491_nwfs_6.exe and 491_novnpnt_1.exe installed on our Windows XP SP2 workstations. If we drill down in Windows explorer to a mapped drive on our Netware v6.5 SP3 server and drill further thru directories to some file and do a properties, Windows Explorer stops responding before opeing the properties windows and we get the following usual MS error: Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close On seeing what the error report contains...

Client 4.91 sp4 and Windows XP sp2
We recently updated some of our field offices with new 6.5 servers and incorporated them into our WAN. While doing this we updated all workstations to the newest client we had (4.9.4). Everything worked great until recently. When we brought all the field stations into the WAN we also connected them to our SUS server so they could get some badly need updates. As workstations started getting sp2 for XP pushed down to them, clients began failing and had to be reinstalled (they worked fine after that). We have several workstations spread out over the state so I suspended the XPsp2 push...

XP SP 2 and 4.91 client install problem
I am trying to install the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. Right before the install finishes I get the following error. I get of error of 0000000x1. It says something like error 1 novell can't install. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Eric Kaufmann St.Louis University Eric, Is the Novell Client installation corrupt at that point? Any additional components of the client installed? Event Viewer logs in Windows showing anything unusual? Was Windows installed from scratch, a custom image, or an OEM image? Security or any other driver-based software like firew...

Configuring an Windows XP client with a Netware 4.2 server
I am somewhat new to Novell. I have to set up an employee's new computer and configure it to have access to our Novell server. The new computer is running Win XP Pro. The only client version we have is for win 95/98. I need to know how to set everything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Download the Novell Client for XP from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Since you are working with a 4.x server -- I'd go with the 4.83 client: > Where can I download full 4.83SP...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

unable to install client 4.91 on windows XP SP2
Hi, I'm unable to install the Novell Client 4.91 (with pka+nwgina_3 patch) on a windows xp sp2 +post sp2 updates workstation. I get the following error when I start nwsetup.exe /ACU /U:unattend.txt "An unknow error 0x00000001 (1) occurred whil installing: Novell Client for Windows" Are there any debug switches available to get some more info to what is going wrong? I also did the setup manualy with and without the NMAS and NICI options both instances returned above mentioned error. Anybode else got client 4.91 installation issues on windows XP SP2? thanx,...

Problems with Firefox 2.0 in Windows XP Pro SP2
Name: Isaac Appleman Email: cerulean_dragonatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with Firefox 2.0 in Windows XP Pro SP2 Comments: It keeps making me update to 2.0.0.12 every other day or less (roughly 2 out of 3 days). I go to Help and About and it says it's already at 2.0.0.12. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.12 ...

Automatic XP Windows logon and netware client 4.91 SP3
Is it possible to enforce the netware logon process and dispense with the windows XP workstation one. There are multiple netware account users but single XP workstation user account. I would like this account to be a "user" one rather than power user or admin. Thanks Martin > "Martin Hoare" <martin.hoare@spc.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message > news:aNdwi.944$pG6.406@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > > Is it possible to enforce the netware logon process and dispense with the > windows XP workstation one. > > There are multiple net...

Windows XP with netware client 4.91 sp5 IR1 hangs on startup
I seem to have a big problem with Windows XP SP3 and netware client 4.91 sp5 ir1 in that the system boots up then I just get the mouse pointer. (no login box is displayed) IF I uninstall the netware client in safe mode without networking then reboot the system I can login to windows no problem. So it must be something with the client software. I also installed the patches with the same issue. Any idea's on this one? Thanks -- comnet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Do you have any kind of third party firewall product ins...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

Client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2
Remote Management Service doesn't startup after reboot or restart! Operationssystem Windows XP with SP2! Clientversion 4.9 SP2! What is the reason and what can i do?????? Thomas, Verify stopping and/or setting Windows Firewall/ICS service to manual works around the issue. Earlier this month someone mentioned that "The work around was to add zenrem32.exe to the list of exceptions." As that exe is not a ZFD 3.x file I can find, you may want to try making an exception in the Windows Firewall control panel applet for "wuser32.exe". Technically ZENworks...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

Web resources about - Windows XP SP2 Client 2.91 problems - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Corporate Australia's real problem: ancient companies
Our biggest companies are pretty aged, compared to the dynamic corporate giants that power the world's biggest economy.

Report claims Samsung Galaxy S7 will fix the biggest problem with the Galaxy S6
... Samsung ditched microSD support on the Galaxy S6. Well according to a new report on Monday, Samsung will fix the bigger of those two problems ...

November 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 255 Institutions
This is an unofficial list of Problem Banks compiled only from public sources. Here is the unofficial problem bank list for November 2015. Changes ...

Acampora on problems in the market
Master technician Ralph Acampora says he has some doubts about this "fractured" market.

Here’s Obama’s Other Syrian Problem
'There was one occasion where he invited us up to Lake Geneva with his family'

New York's anti-terror reporting app could easily cause problems
New York state is understandably more anxious than ever about terrorist threats, and it's hoping that some mobile technology will bolster its ...

Chipotle's E. Coli Problem Has Painful Side Effects For Investors
Chipotle's E. Coli Problem Has Painful Side Effects For Investors

Family evicted, building deemed unlivable: Landlord cannot fix problems, he was murdered
... A Milwaukee family has been forced to leave their apartment. Their building has been declared unlivable. The landlord was required to fix problems ...

Icy roads causing problems for Thanksgiving travelers around Colorado Springs
Dress warm this holiday, temperatures Thursday are predicted to be colder...