Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2

LS.
Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from
server (Novell 5).
Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most
we use tweaks)
2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5
server?

Dirk

0
Dirk

> Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most
> we use tweaks)

No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up?

> 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5
> server?

You might try the more recent 4.91SP2 client -- install either IP or
IPX only, and don't deploy the NMAS piece.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Dirk

"Barry Schnur" <BSchnur@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or
most
> > we use tweaks)
>
> No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up?
>

> > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware
5
> > server?
> >
> You might try the more recent 4.91SP2 client -- install either IP or
> IPX only, and don't deploy the NMAS piece.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
Dirk
3/8/2006 12:20:16 PM
You might try as a test -- uninstall the client, then reinstall the
client IPX only (assuming you have IPX on the 5.0 server).  See if
performance improves in that scenario.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

Cannot login to Netware 4.11 or 5.00, from a Windows XP SP2.
Downloaded, and installed the latest Netware Client. 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2'. We have quite a few Windows XP with SP2 installed PC's. But when using this client, am unable to login. The previous client we used was 4.83 SP1, which causes not problems when logging in. On the same PC's. With the 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2' client, we cannot even browse for the Netware Servers we are running, nor locate the correct context. Any ideas ? With the 4.11 servers (and probably with your 5.0 servers) the 4.83SP3 client would be my preference (some will note t...

Windows NT with 4.83 sp2 client and netware 6.5 sp6
Hello we have recently migrated our server from netware 5.0 to netware 6.5 sp6 We have an dbase application , each station who launch the app opens an index file, we had always 4 stations with that file opened with no problem. But after the migration we are experimenting problems with the dbase application , (the db index isn't been modified by applications, it seems 1 station locks it). We have NT machines with 4.83 sp2, i have read that after 4.90sp2 there is no support for NT. So do you think our NTs must be upgraded from 4.83sp2 - > 4.90sp2 ? What is the bes...

New Windows XP Client / Old 5 user Netware 4.1
New Windows XP client connects and logs into old 5 user netware 4.1 server using Microsoft Network but refuses to find or log into same server using Novell Netware program. Why???????????? Will it be necessary to upgrade to server to accomodate the new client, or is there a patch, etc. that will allow this connection?? How is Microsoft able to make this connection without upgrading the server, etc???? When I purchased Novell 4.1, it was with the understanding that new clients will be able to connect. Is seems grossly unfair to require additional cost for new product now tha...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

Netware Client 4.83SP1 & 4.90SP1 Causes Blue Screens In Windows XP
We have a number of HP Compaq d530 desktop systems running Windows XP SP1 Professional. With virtually any image I can find or make for these models, I get a blue screen of death after installing the Netware client (both 4.83SP1 & 4.90SP1). In either case, the client is installed (including the remote control utility for Zenworks) and the machine reboots after the installation has completed. When the machine comes back up everything seems fine...until you log in. At that point, the machine will give a blue screen of death. All of these systems have Intel Extreme grap...

Client 4.83 Sp3 & Win XP Prof to Netware 4.10 Server
Hi Guys First time of posting, can anyone help me? We have a Netware 4.10 server (patched to latest) working fine with Win98 Pc's using Novell Client. All runs so fine you wouldn't believe it. Now trying to add some new workstation PC's, which have Win XP Professional SP2 on them. I'm using Novell Client 4.83 SP3 (seen that this is best to use from reading some of the posts for this type of configuration). We can get the machines to see the server fine, but we seem to have a couple of problems which I'd appreciate help/comments on. Periodically when logging...

NetWare 5 client on Windows XP machine??
Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows XP box? Thanks! Larry On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:27:27 GMT, larry@sigmawebstudios.com wrote: >Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows >XP box? The most recent Novell client for Windows XP (and the whole NT family) is 4.90 with SP2. Go to http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp and select Novell Client as the product and Windows XP as the platform. If you have only NW 5.x servers, however, you may find 4.83 with SP3 easier to install. Unfortunately, I can...

Windows 95 netware client 3.4 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run Windows 95 with the Netware 3.4 client and still have access to the Netware 6.5 server? Thanks You should, best to ask in the netware.client.win9x forum. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) I'm doing it right now, as we speak ;-) have not found any problems with it, accessing 6.5, or other versions of NW. "John" <john@edd.com> wrote in message news:4IbFd.21509$Ei5.20047@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Can I run Windows 95 with the Netware 3.4 client and still have access to > the Net...

Remove Netware Client 4.9 on Windows XP
I use a unattend.txt to do the install. Then I edit that file and add the DoRemove=YES and it looks like it works. But at the end I get a error saying: "The installation was not completed successfully". But if I reboot then it looks like everything is gone. I need some way of removing the client from about 800 workstations, and I would like some way of scripting it. I did a search on CoolSolutions and the knowledgebase and did not really come up with anything that helped. Thanks, Greg Marcom marcom@purdue.edu Technical Support Administrator Purdue University ...

Web resources about - Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

The Windows Blog

Windows 10's growth continues to slow as Windows 7 and 8.x gain share
NetMarketShare has released its usage share figures for November, and they make for interesting reading. As you would expect, Windows 10 grew ...

Latest update reenables Windows 10’s spying features – here’s how to stop it
Microsoft released the first major Windows 10 update a few weeks ago, but the operating system’s spying capabilities are still intact – though ...

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella admits it: 'Xbox is just another Windows computer'
At today's Microsoft shareholder meeting, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella talked about how Windows 10 has the potential to become the hub of a connected ...

Microsoft tries to ease Windows 10 upgrade process
New updates promise to smooth over glitches that users of Windows 7 and 8.1 may have experienced when trying to jump to Microsoft's latest operating ...

Windows 10: Now on 148M PCs
Four months in, Windows 10 powers approximately 148 million PCs, according to measurements released today by analytics vendor Net Applications. ...

Want a sleek Windows 10 phone? Go to Japan
Just last week, Microsoft began selling the Lumia 950, the first Windows 10 mobile phone, and though the software showed promise, the hardware ...

Microsoft Targets Unwanted Windows Apps in the Enterprise
Microsoft wants to make drive-by downloads, and threats they pose to business users, a thing of the past for enterprise customers.