Windows XP and NetWare Client Interoperability

We have several WinXP boxes with the most current service pack as well as
the most current security updates from MS that had issues functioning
with any version of client above 4.83sp1e. The solution for that issue
was to install the 4.83sp1e client. However, now many of the boxes we
fixed already as well as some additional ones aren't responding to this
fix. The login scripts run perfectly and it appears that everything is
fine, but when you try to access any of the mapped drives that point to
NetWare volumes, explorer.exe locks up and you have to shutdown before
the computer will respond again. (No, this is not just the delay issue.
That has been ruled out.)

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
0
mmeier

I have not seen this and have used this combination.

What happens if you install 4.9sp1a (without NMAS)?

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...

Windows XP x64 Netware client?
Any word on this yet? I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... > > Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > John, So did you see this post by Hamish ? > From what I've seen its because the API's and interface keep changing > right up until the release date. A beta client that works with beta 1 of > the OS won't work with Beta 2, a beta 2 client won't work with the First > Releae Candidate .....

Netware/IP Client for Windows XP
Hello I have currently been given the task of making our Novell Netware 4.11 Server communicate over IP. I have read about the use of Netware/IP to encapsulate the IPX packets in an IP packet so that this form of communication can occur, and I have also read about the downfalls of it, and a move to a more recent server would be the ideal solution, but that isn't going to happen and I need to get this to work. Am I right in thinking that you need to set up the Netware Client on the PC's to connect to the Netware/IP server? Is this possible using the Client for XP. ...

Windows XP Netware Client and DOS programs
Can anyone tell me the earliest client that works with Windows XP and where I can find a copy? I upgraded to 4.91 and it will not allow me to run one of my old DOS programs. I uninstalled it and it works just fine from XP alone (without the client). I then uninstalled 4.91 and installed client 4.83 SP2 and I have the same result. I guess I need to keep going back in time to the first client that works with XP. I run 3 old DOS programs, Wordstar 7.0 LAN, Foxpro 2.0 LAN and Borland Sprint. Only Sprint refuses to run, despite all kinds of machinations. Any help would be app...

Windows XP Netware client performance / Speed
I've seen many questions posted here regarding running older Netware servers and Windows servers with both clients installed. Most answers point to the same set of websites. I've messed with all the registry hacks, etc. What really made the difference on my machine is posted below. BTW: This is WINXP PRO SP2, with NWClient 4.83SP3, Asus Gigabit NIC, 1Gb of RAM and P4 2.6Ghz Hyperthreading on. Right click on "My Network Places" and select properties. From the menu bar, select ADVANCED / ADVANCED SETTINGS... Under ADAPTERS AND BINDINGS, select the Connecti...

Netware Client on MS Windows XP X64
I have a new AMD Athlon 64 Processor PC with MS Windows X64 edition installed on a nVidia nForce4 chipset motherboard. The machine seems to be operating properly in the network and I can browse the internet through a router. I have installed the NetWare client 4.91. The client does not load properly, in the files do not seem to be where the program expects them to be, and therefore the client fails to load on startup. Is there a work around? Is there a Win XP X64 version of the NetWare client? What are my options other than installing Win 32? Thank you for your time and ass...

Netware Client and Windows XP x64 edition
Is there a version of Netware Client which is suitable for Windows XP x64 edition. It appears that the current client 4.91 will not function with x64 ? On 9/16/2005 daveg@veem.com.au wrote: > Is there a version of Netware Client which is suitable for Windows XP x64 > edition. Not at the moment > It appears that the current client 4.91 will not function with > x64 ? Correct. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

NetWare 5 client on Windows XP machine??
Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows XP box? Thanks! Larry On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:27:27 GMT, larry@sigmawebstudios.com wrote: >Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows >XP box? The most recent Novell client for Windows XP (and the whole NT family) is 4.90 with SP2. Go to http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp and select Novell Client as the product and Windows XP as the platform. If you have only NW 5.x servers, however, you may find 4.83 with SP3 easier to install. Unfortunately, I can...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Remove Netware Client 4.9 on Windows XP
I use a unattend.txt to do the install. Then I edit that file and add the DoRemove=YES and it looks like it works. But at the end I get a error saying: "The installation was not completed successfully". But if I reboot then it looks like everything is gone. I need some way of removing the client from about 800 workstations, and I would like some way of scripting it. I did a search on CoolSolutions and the knowledgebase and did not really come up with anything that helped. Thanks, Greg Marcom marcom@purdue.edu Technical Support Administrator Purdue University ...

netware 3.21 with windows xp Pro as client
Is there a solution without buying the latest Novell netware to allow my new Windows XP pro client computer to see the Newtware 3.21 server's workgroup? I did run the windows xp pro's netware installation, but it does not see any of the file server's files - not good. Download v4.83 with SP2 from: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html install it with Bindery options and 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. Then apply SP3 patch from: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum ...

Netware Client and Window XP Service pack to conflict
While setting up brand new machines recently I ran into the following problem. Machines=> HP/Compaq business d530. First I Updated a computer with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2. After reboot the computer complained that I didn't have and anti-virus program installed, which I can install from our Novell server. So I then installed a netware client (4.83 sp 1). After the install of the client and reboot I attempted to log into our Netware server. At about the time the desktop icons should appear the machine simply turned off and rebooted. I could never log onto ...

Web resources about - Windows XP and NetWare Client Interoperability - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Interoperability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interoperability is the ability of diverse systems and organizations to work together (inter-operate). The term is often used in a technical ...

Interoperability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interoperability is the ability of diverse systems and organizations to work together (inter-operate). The term is often used in a technical ...

UNH InterOperability Lab - LinkedIn
... job candidates, industry experts and business partners. The UNH-IOL: Improving Networks Worldwide The University of New Hampshire InterOperability ...

National Interoperability Field Operations Guide on the App Store on iTunes
Get National Interoperability Field Operations Guide on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Bandwidth Engine - Altera Stratix IV GT FPGA Interoperability Demo by MoSys - YouTube
Welcome to video demonstration of interoperability between MoSys' Bandwidth Engine IC and the Altera Stratix IV GT FPGA. In this demonstration, ...

Cisco survey: Users want video calling interoperability
Cisco survey: Users want video calling interoperability PC World Magazine Most U.S. residents want the ability to place video calls to people ...

Verizon & AT&T planning to roll out VoLTE interoperability next year
... their customers. The carriers, which both previously announced the roll out of VoLTE technology earlier this year, said they expect VoLTE interoperability ...

Yahoo Messenger Getting Less Chatty with Loss of Windows Live Interoperability, Phone Calling
... remaining balances. Yahoo said free voice calling from Yahoo messenger user to another will continue to be offered. Yahoo also said that interoperability ...

Chrome Update Ushers In Interoperability With Other Google Apps
... its popular Chrome browser for iOS devices with a number of new features and enhancements. Most importantly, version 28.0.1500.12 brings interoperability ...

Verizon, AT&T pledge Voice Over LTE interoperability coming in 2015
The two largest carriers in the U.S., Verizon and AT&T, both announced on Monday that they plan to allow Voice Over LTE connections between customers ...