Windows user same as Netware user

I'm sure this has been dealt with before but I don't remember what to
do - two regular users on the same XP/Pro/C32_4.9/SP2 workstation.  I
want, after each has put in their Netware login and password, for the
Windows login to happen without further user intervention - each of
these two Netware users is also set up, same user name, same password,
as an Admin user on the workstation.

What do I do to make this happen?

TIA.

-S-

0
Steve

Have you tried this registry setting?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Login\Tab Settings\NT Credentials]
"Sync NDS Username"=dword:00000001

Cheers,

Iain

"Steve Freides" <steve@fridayscomputer.com> wrote in message
> I'm sure this has been dealt with before but I don't remember what to do -
> two regular users on the same XP/Pro/C32_4.9/SP2 workstation.  I want,
> after each has put in their Netware login and password, for the Windows
> login to happen without further user intervention - each of these two
> Netware users is also set up, same user name, same password, as an Admin
> user on the workstation.
>
> What do I do to make this happen?
>
> TIA.
>
> -S-

0
Iain
11/23/2004 7:55:00 PM
No, but I will try it and report back.

Just checked my machine - I have "TabInfo", not "TabSettings" - should
that make a difference?  I do have NT Credentials after that, and the
key you mention does not exist so I"m assuming I should add it.

Thanks.

-S-

"Iain McLaren" <iain@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried this registry setting?
>

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Login\Tab Settings\NT Credentials]
> "Sync NDS Username"=dword:00000001
>
> Cheers,
>
> Iain
>
> "Steve Freides" <steve@fridayscomputer.com> wrote in message
>> I'm sure this has been dealt with before but I don't remember what to
>> do - two regular users on the same XP/Pro/C32_4.9/SP2 workstation.  I
>> want, after each has put in their Netware login and password, for the
>> Windows login to happen without further user intervention - each of
>> these two Netware users is also set up, same user name, same
>> password, as an Admin user on the workstation.
>>
>> What do I do to make this happen?
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> -S-

0
Steve
11/23/2004 8:54:04 PM
Steve,

That might be a typo.  Try it in TabInfo and see if it works.

The name in the NDS username field is different than the Local username in the Windows tab
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10083253.htm

How to login to NDS and Domain with a single login
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10057660.htm

--
Tony Pedretti
TransUnion LLC

0
Tony
11/23/2004 10:44:43 PM
Hmmm....if it was a typo, it's probably a typo in a TID or some other place
that I nicked the registry setting from!

We've got ZfD, so if it is incorrect, we'd not have noticed it!

Cheers

Iain

"Tony Pedretti" <ynotpe@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Steve,
>
> That might be a typo.  Try it in TabInfo and see if it works.
>
> The name in the NDS username field is different than the Local username in
the Windows tab
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10083253.htm
>
> How to login to NDS and Domain with a single login
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10057660.htm
>
> --
> Tony Pedretti
> TransUnion LLC

0
Iain

NFS client user access after file creation by NetWare- windows user.
I am using an NFS exported nss netware folder as my document root for apache2 on OES linux SP2. After a netware user changes or creates a new file, Apache cannot see the file. According to TID 10097414, this is by design. The document suggests that if all the Netware Clients that will be modifying the file have the same primary GID in their eDir user object, and if the Novell NFS umask is set appropriately, then that group on the Unix side will always have the necessary access to the file, even after modifications. How do I check and modify the GID of the eDirectory users. What is ...

New Windows XP Client / Old 5 user Netware 4.1
New Windows XP client connects and logs into old 5 user netware 4.1 server using Microsoft Network but refuses to find or log into same server using Novell Netware program. Why???????????? Will it be necessary to upgrade to server to accomodate the new client, or is there a patch, etc. that will allow this connection?? How is Microsoft able to make this connection without upgrading the server, etc???? When I purchased Novell 4.1, it was with the understanding that new clients will be able to connect. Is seems grossly unfair to require additional cost for new product now tha...

legacy netware users from netware 4 days
Anyone come across some users who cannot login to the agent ? Other users on same machines function fine ! Make sure the "other name" field is not filled in. That can mess with LDAP lookups for that user since it is giving the user an additional CN. -- Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own. These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human. <phoenix@rise.net.au> wrote in message news:Ag2Fk.1...

Migrate Netware 6 users to Netware 6
I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Dave. David, > I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have > alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able > to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do > this? > The migration wizard. Download from Novell. Read the manual. - An...

restrict user copy , allow user read in netware
I want to restrict user to copy file from netware file server, I want to user can read file from netware Does anyone know if this is possible? thank you in advance. gogo Duplicate post. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. ...

NetWare 6.5 User Licenses in a NetWare 6 tree
Never heard of that one before, but the consulting firm I work for was told by a Novell sales rep that NetWare 6.5 user licenses will work in a NetWare 6 tree. I installed them in the same container as my other licenses. They, of course, created a new license container to hold them. It has been three weeks and not a single license has been consumed. Looking at the other licenses, 2 more than the installed amount are in use. To me it seems that the clients or NLS cannot retrieve one of those new licenses. Has anyone heard of this before? Or was the boss taken for a ride on this o...

Need update notification for Windows XP user account users
Name: Paul Email: ataraxyatzipworlddotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Need update notification for Windows XP user account users Comments: I use a Windows XP user account for all my day to day work and only log on to an administrator account when I need to install some software. This means that Firefox isn't automatically updated. Could you please change Firefox (and Thunderbird) so that they notify people using a user account when an update is available. Open Office does this, so I'd hope that Firefox/Thunderbird could do it too. Thanks Browser Details...

Fast user change in XP and Netware
Well I have uninstalled the netware client under XP so I wanted to use the "fast user change". Th fact is that the system crashed when unistalling and now I can not use this option nor unistalling netware client as I cant find it I tried to install it again and uninstalling after but the system hangs Anyone knows how I have to do to unistall netware client from my Xp? Any tool? Any change in "regedit"? Thansk in advance... newbie, Any Microsoft, Novell, or other third-party GINA (network client) being installed will disable the XP Welcome screen which is ...

Groupwise Certificate user isn't follow the user on the Netware
If I connect on differents pcstations on Netware, how can issue a certificate and this certificate follow the user anywhere? I think that the only solution is copy on floppy disk and import every time in the GW client ... is any other solution on Groupwise 6.5 ? (testdi@hotmail.com) wrote in news:aMwgd.7312$%e6.2334@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > I think that the only solution is copy on floppy disk and import every > time in the GW client ... is any other solution on Groupwise 6.5 ? AFAIK no. Groupwise uses the built in Microsoft certificate infrastructure instead of sto...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Netware server and Windows Pro(user folder)
Hello, Hope this makes sense. I am running a couple netware 5.1 servers. I only use them for file servers. I have a few partitions on them, one of which is a User volume. I just noticed that within the user folders after a user logs in and is make to his/her user folder. and Applicatons, History, and Cookie folders are create in the user folder on the netware server. Can anyone let me know why these folders are created, and what are they used for? Thanks and hope this makes sense. Jay They are created by Windows, and would happen no matter whether the user directories...

Slow PB connection to MSAccessDB in Netware 5.0 When the User has Erase Rights in Netware
We are using a PowerBuilder application and are having some performance problems related to the Novell Erase privilege. The Users have Create, Read & Write privileges. If we add the Erase Privilege to the users, the initial connection time changes to 2 minutes instead of 5 seconds. The Novell NetWare 5.0 server is hosting an Access MDB file that our PowerBuilder application accesses over the network. Only the MDB is accessed over the network since the executable and PowerBuilder DLL's are installed locally on each client. Clients are using the Client32 logon and experience ...

Slow PB connection to MSAccessDB in Netware 5.0 when the User has Erase Rights in Netware
We are using a PowerBuilder application and are having some performance problems related to the Novell Erase privilege. The Users have Create, Read & Write privileges. If we add the Erase Privilege to the users, the initial connection time changes to 2 minutes instead of 5 seconds. The Novell NetWare 5.0 server is hosting an Access MDB file that our PowerBuilder application accesses over the network. Only the MDB is accessed over the network since the executable and PowerBuilder DLL's are installed locally on each client. Clients are using the Client32 logon and experience ...

Web resources about - Windows user same as Netware user - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

The Windows Blog

Open Live Writer is an open source fork of Windows Live Writer
Microsoft’s blog editor Windows Live Writer has been revived with an independent open-source fork, Open Live Writer. OLW’s first release allows ...

Microsoft has a master plan with its Cortana digital assistant and Windows 10
Microsoft is working on putting Cortana, its Siri-like personal digital assistant, anywhere and everywhere within Windows 10, reports The Verge ...

It lives! Volunteers from Microsoft release open-source fork of Windows Live Writer
A group of Microsoft engineers today made good on a June promise and released an open-source version of the venerable Windows Live Writer, a ...

Windows 7 now supports the Xbox One wireless controller adapter
... dropping $25 on one of those wireless adapters for PC so I can use it beyond just Xbox gaming. But I haven't. Not yet! I'm still on Windows ...

Uber upgrades Windows app with Cortana, desktop support
... anytime, but what if you're sitting at a desktop PC? Well, now you can do it there, too. Uber announced today that it used the Universal Windows ...

Apple Products Outshine Windows, Android in Enterprises, Survey Shows
This slide show looks at how enterprises are embracing Apple computer products, and why IT professionals see great value in their use by employees. ...

As Apple Slowly Starts Adopting Carrier Billing, Microsoft Follows On With Integration For All Windows ...
Terry Myerson, executive vice president of operating systems at Microsoft (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images) Apple has begun trying out carrier ...