Windows Client Install, Error installing NICI. Error Code: -3

This is a Windows 2003 server.
I was just trying to re-install the Novell Client and can't seem to get past
this NICI issue.

I tried Client 4.91 SP5 and Client 4.91 SP5 IR1.

No success searching TIDs, any ideas?

Thanks,
Marc

0
Marc

Resolved by un-installing Client, then deleting files in:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici

Solved error by deleting folders:
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici\"
To do so:
0- Login as domain user "Administrator" with no Novell login.
1- Right-click "nici\SUBFOLDER1" folder and select Properties
2- Choose "Security" tab, then "Advanced" button, then "Owner" tab, then
check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and click "Apply".
Important to click "Apply", clicking "OK" does not make the ownership
change.
3- Click to "OK" twice to get out.
4- Now delete the folder "SUBFOLDER1" and repeat for any other subfolders.

Note:  The following Novel TID spoke of deleting files in this
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici" folder to solve some other issue.
http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/Solutions/10068331.html

0
Marc

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869.
Hello to all, I have create a web setup using visual studio 2005 using some custom actions 1. create database at installation time. 2. create connection pool in IIS7 for vista. We need to install and run successfully on vista as well as earlier version of windows like xp, win server, etc. I develop and install web setup on my vista home premium machine. It installed successfully and works fine. I also tested it on XP and Windows server 2003. It works fine on every plateform. But when i install it to on my client machines, It succesfully installed and execute on xp machines but wh...

Error installing window service with incorrect UserName - How to trap this error
Hi, I am running a .bat file to install my .net application as window service.  In my ProjectInstaller Class, New Method, I am just assigning username, password and Account to ServiceInstaller1.  Now, If I assign invalid username here, service installation gets failed but I want service to get installed even if this assigned UserName is invalid. Here is my .bat file, just having two line of code.%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe C:\Development\MyService\Bin\Debug\MyService.EXE>> MyScripts.log net start MyService>> MyScripts.log&...

Install error after installing client WDK
Has anyone seen this error: Error Client application not found in registry. Please contact web administrator. This happens only after the the wdk client is installed. If I click on my app one more time it has finds registry and everything works. Lee, I get the same error exactly when users first install. I don't know what the cause is, except that I guess maybe something is not getting written into the registry before the application attempts to launch. I found that the lag time is much higher on a test machine that we have that runs very slowly. It can't r...

Error when attempting to install an ASP.Net on Windows XP sp2 (please install IIS and run setup again)
Hello, I used VS2008 to build an ASP.NET aplication that references the COM based skype API.  The application runs fine in debug mode.  I added a deployment project to the solution.  When I run setup.exe, I get the following message:  "setup requires Internet Information Server 4.0 or higher and Windows NT 4.0 or higher.  This setup cannot be installed on Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows ME. Please install Internet Information Server and run this setup again." I'm attempting to install this on Windows XP sp 2.  Any thoughts? Thanks Is IIS ...

Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2
Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888413 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 888413 Last Review : March 7, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS After you install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) on a Windows XP-based computer, Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message. CAUSE This problem may occur after you ins...

Installation Error: error attempting to read from the source install database
I receive an "Error attempting to read from the source install database" C:\windows\installer\2ce6f3.msi. when I try to install the time tracker (CSVS). Any ideas?...

Re: error during DBD::Oracle installation (was: error during DBI installation)
------=_Part_6037_22545193.1207194199772 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Looks like time to get the development stuff you need installed. The log file says: Reading /export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/precomp/lib/env_precomp.mk Attempting to discover Oracle OCI build rules gcc -c -I. -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/precomp/public -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/rdbms/public -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/rdbms/demo -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/plsql/public -I/export/hom...

Error installing on Windows XP
I am having problems loading Sybase ASE 12.0 on a Windows XP box with a P4 processor. Same Problem as Windows 2K P4, but without the same result from adding JAVA_COMPILER=NONE. Please Help.... Rich On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:54:10 -0500, me_again wrote: >I am having problems loading Sybase ASE 12.0 on a Windows XP box with a P4 >processor. Same Problem as Windows 2K P4, but without the same result from >adding JAVA_COMPILER=NONE. > >Please Help.... >Rich Could this be the issue? http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002640 -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Jim Egan...

Bugzilla installation error on windows xp
Hi I am trying to install the Bugzilla2.2.22 and Apache2.2, we want to run our bugzilla on windows xp or most probably on windows 2003 server. The following stack trace we are printing here. [Thu Dec 28 18:24:35 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Options ExecCGI is off in this directory: D:/Programs/Bugzilla/index.cgi [Thu Dec 28 18:24:38 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Options ExecCGI is off in this directory: D:/Programs/Bugzilla/index.cgi [Thu Dec 28 18:26:23 2006] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] D:/Programs/Bugzilla/.htaccess: Options not allowed here [Thu Dec 28 18:26:24 2006...

Client Installation Binding Error WinNT
Has anyone seen a problem installing the Novell 4.83 & 4.90 clients on Windows NT ? When we install either one of these clients on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a, we get an yellow error box with only an exclamation pont in it. If you close the box the client installation completes and it looks like everything is fine. After the reboot if you click the Trees button on the login screen, usually some of the trees in your environment may or may not show up. If you go into the network settings and look around then exit and the rebinding process runs again, it appears everything works prope...

Installing Netware Client 491SP3 Error
The following error occurs on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server R2 with Service pack 2. When installing the Novell client unto the machine the following error occurs, -see attached documents in attached zip file, for screen shots of errors-. Unable to launch install shield engine ikernel.exe when launching the install of the NICI U.S. /Worldwide (128) bit 2.7.3-1, needed to install the NMAS client. I am unable to uninstall NICI U.S. /Worldwide (128) bit 2.7.3-1 from add remove programs. It returns the same error that I get during the install of the novell client. I am logge...

Error installing Netware 6.5 SP6
We get the following error when installing Netware 6.5 SP6. Several other servers with similar h/w configurations installed with NO issues. We rebooted server,and it came back up okay. We can see volumes. eDir did not get updated and is still at 8.7.3.8. Tried to restart SP install and it returns to the same error message. I have recopied SP out to server in new directory. Any guess on what we can try next? See error message below. thanks, Lin Error: An error occurred while parsing file "SYS1:SupportNWNW65SP6SPINSTALLSILENT.ICS", line 25...

iFolder3 Windows Client error 1722 during install
When trying to install iFolder3 3.2 on a windows XP SP2 workstation, during the install a command window comes up, running RegAsm.exe, after that the install fails with error 1722. This happened with both the iFolder3 Windows client that came with OES Linux SP2, and the one that you can download from ifolder.com. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. -- stewharr I got around this error by installing (re-installing?) the MS .NET Framework 1.1. Now I'm getting a different problem. -- stewharr In article <stewharr.2euwcb@no-mx.nds_engineer.co...

Another Groupwise Windows Client installation error
I am trying to install the GW 7 client on an XP SP2 desktop that previously had Microsoft Outlook 2003 as its primary email client. If I install Groupwise on this machine, it installs fine but the Address Book does not function properly. On another machine this problem was fixed by uninstalling Groupwise, uninstalling Outlook, rebooting, and reinstalling Groupwise. In this case however, if Outlook is missing I cannot install GW 7, it keeps showing a bunch of dll errors and I also see this message: failed to extract file 'NewBinary19' from the binary table. How can I fix ...

Error while Installing VS2005 on Windows XP sp2
Hi all, I have problems installing VS 2005 on a windows xp pro sp2 machine, i am getting an error while installing process is starting , here is the error msg "Suite Integration Toolkit executable has encountered problem and needs to close." i am running Windows XP SP2 on 2.66 HT processor with 1 GB RAM and 160 GB HDD can anyone help me resolve this issue. Thanks SrenvasThanks Srenvas Hi, Hope you are not using an Beta/RC version of XP SP2. If so, upgrade to the latest service pack.   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With ...

Web resources about - Windows Client Install, Error installing NICI. Error Code: -3 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper