Windows 7 not running script with Client 2 SP2 IR1

I started making a new image for my windows 7 SP1 computers. I got the
lastest client 2 SP2. It installs fine but when i login i get a message
in the results windows saying "LOGIN-LGNWNT32-240: This utility was
unable to open script file \\superman\vol1\pub\map.txt.". I have no
issues at all on SP1 IR9a. I get the error with a fresh install or an
upgrade from SP1. Also very rarelyI3 times so far out of maybe 30 or 40
tries) the script will run but attempts after that will fail. Tried this
on a couple different computers. Other then that the only thing that is
running is Zenworks 11 SP2 RC1 client. We have also tried a couple times
without the client and still no success. Anyone have any ideas on this?
is there even a compelling reason to move on to SP2.

--
Dist88

Dist88

http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/452143-nc2sp2ir1-not-running-batch-files.html

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452896

0
ataubman
3/4/2012 10:46:02 PM
> I started making a new image for my windows 7 SP1 computers. I got the
> lastest client 2 SP2. It installs fine but when i login i get a message
> in the results windows saying "LOGIN-LGNWNT32-240: This utility was
> unable to open script file \\superman\vol1\pub\map.txt.". I have no
> issues at all on SP1 IR9a.

Same here.  Rolled back to IR9a.

0
GofBorg
3/5/2012 11:09:15 PM
I'm just running a basic script to map drives. I installed Client 2 SP2,
not IR1, and it worked fine.

--
Dist88
Dist88's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=23729
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452896

0
Dist88
3/8/2012 2:26:02 PM
Why not put the map commands in the login script itself? Just curious.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452896

0
ataubman
3/8/2012 9:56:02 PM
Hi!
Could be connected --
http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/453327-problem-accessing-nw-volume-after-client-2-sp2-ir1.html.
Alar.

--
NovAlf
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452896

0
NovAlf

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

Windows XP SP2 Client 2.91 problems
We are currently having a major problem with all XP workstations with SP2. None of the workstations can log in to the Netware 6.5 network. Any workstation with SP1 or Win2K machines can log on without issue. All XP boxes have 4.91 sp1 client. We are installing SP2 for client 4.91 to see if it corrects issues. Any help would be most appreciated Does it help if you place the server's IP address in the server field at the logon screen? How are you trying to find/resolve the servers? SLP? If so post the results of "SLPINFO /ALL" from both SP1 and SP2 boxes. slw...

Not logging in using Netware Client 2 with Windows 7
I just installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit today and got the Novell Client to work, sort of. I am able to see the Netware Client when Windows boots up, if I click "Advanced Options" it has my tree, context and server info. I can enter in the user ID and password, says Logging into Network, and then Windows 7 loads. However I am not logged in. If I right click on the Netware Client and click on Netware Login, I can then login and see all the volumes, etc. Anyone else having this issue and not being able to login automatically? Mike Snyder Make sure you are usin...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Client 2 SP1, Windows 7 Ultimate, Netware 6SP5
Hi, following problem with Windows 7 (Ultimate & UAC turned off. User with local Admin rights) and the Client 2 SP1: I have a programm called "Metro.exe" which I try to start from a mapped drive. The programm tries to open a special "licence" file called "metro.iuf". The programm starts fails because of "Cannot open metro.iuf"...so far so good. After that I checked the content of the directory with the explorer and found the following: For some files on the mapped drive the "Novell Rights tab" and the "Novell Info ta...

Configuring an Windows XP client with a Netware 4.2 server
I am somewhat new to Novell. I have to set up an employee's new computer and configure it to have access to our Novell server. The new computer is running Win XP Pro. The only client version we have is for win 95/98. I need to know how to set everything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Download the Novell Client for XP from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Since you are working with a 4.x server -- I'd go with the 4.83 client: > Where can I download full 4.83SP...

Login Client 2 SP2 updated. Scripts no longer run.
The subject says it all. Had a running windows 7 machine with zCM 11.1A and Login client SP1 IR9a ... updated it to Login Client SP2 and now all of a sudden my login script no longer runs. If I right click on nwtray and select login... and do so... oh hey! My Script runs. Why? Extremely frustrated. Don -- Don ------------------------------------------------------------------------ donasutton, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your proble...

2.0.0.7 & Windows XP SP2 Bug?
I just downloaded 2.0.0.7 and I'm having a problem with the proper display of web pages in the browser. It's as if half the CSS is left behind or something. I'm running Windows XP SP2 on my PC. Has anyone had these problems? I never had a FF problem before. What gives? I am a Designer with a big job this weekend and I need the browser up & running. I tried clearing the cache, cookies, etc. from what I've read. Nothing. What else can I try? Please help. Mango On 10/17/07 2:46 PM, _user@domain.invalid_ spoke thusly: > I just downloaded 2.0.0.7 and I'...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en -- Sired, Squired, Hired, RETIRED. Retired wrote: > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en > From the release notes: Why Version 5.7? The primary reason for changing the version number from 5.6 to 5.7 is to simplify servicing and support by synchronizing the versioning to a consistent scheme based on Vista build number. The minor version increase does not indicate significant new f...

yield the running of current window script to allow to run other windows script
Hello, I have two windows opened.I would like to suspend the runing of one window script so that other window script can be run.I am just wondeing is there any way to do the same. Thanks, Sri. Yield(); On May 20, 7:06=A0am, sr.100...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > =A0 I have two windows opened.I would like to suspend the runing of one > window script so that other window script can be run.I am just > wondeing is there any way to do the same. > > Thanks, > Sri. ...

Windows XP with netware client 4.91 sp5 IR1 hangs on startup
I seem to have a big problem with Windows XP SP3 and netware client 4.91 sp5 ir1 in that the system boots up then I just get the mouse pointer. (no login box is displayed) IF I uninstall the netware client in safe mode without networking then reboot the system I can login to windows no problem. So it must be something with the client software. I also installed the patches with the same issue. Any idea's on this one? Thanks -- comnet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Do you have any kind of third party firewall product ins...

Client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2
Remote Management Service doesn't startup after reboot or restart! Operationssystem Windows XP with SP2! Clientversion 4.9 SP2! What is the reason and what can i do?????? Thomas, Verify stopping and/or setting Windows Firewall/ICS service to manual works around the issue. Earlier this month someone mentioned that "The work around was to add zenrem32.exe to the list of exceptions." As that exe is not a ZFD 3.x file I can find, you may want to try making an exception in the Windows Firewall control panel applet for "wuser32.exe". Technically ZENworks...

The ASP.net 2.0 web application made by Chinese Windows XP + English Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition can't run under English edition windows XP ?
ASP.net 2.0 web application made by Chinese Windows XP + English Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition can't run under English edition windows XP ? I made a ASP.net 2.0 web application under Chinese edition Windows XP + English edition Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition You can download it at http://www.hothelpdesk.com/Online/Download/HotHelpDeskV1.00Build7.zip A guest me that he met the following error Attempt to access the method failed An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the ori...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Web resources about - Windows 7 not running script with Client 2 SP2 IR1 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

The Windows Blog

Woman spotted throwing flaming rags from car window in Yangebup: resident
A report of a person driving around throwing flaming rags from their car in the Yangebup area has prompted a call from the Department of Fire ...

Windows 10 Mobile review: Windows on phones gets rebooted. Again.
One way or another, Microsoft has been promising Windows 10 Mobile for years. References to "Windows Everywhere," the notion that some version ...

Windows 10 patch messing with your Office 2016 templates? Here's how you can get them back
A cumulative Windows 10 patch has had some Word 2016 users cringing in despair. The patch, titled Cumulative Update KB3124200 , is causing the ...

Employees were so angry about Good's sale to Blackberry, someone broke a conference room window
When email security company Good Technology sold to BlackBerry for $425 million this past September — well below its last private valuation of ...

Microsoft preps for Windows 10 upgrade push
Windows 10 is now on more than 148 million PCs , according to data from analytics vendor Net Applications. But the rate at which users are moving ...

The Company That Brings The Magic To New York City's Holiday Windows
The creative secrets of Spaeth Design, maker of all those incredible, sparkling holiday windows you gawk at every year on Fifth Avenue. Exactly ...

Surface Pro 4 Long-Term Review: Purity And Power Of Windows 10 Unleashed
... has been tweaked since the Surface Pro 3, and both the Surface Pen and the Type Cover have been improved. Has Microsoft built the perfect Windows ...