Win2k & XP ZEN Digital Certificate error

We have always been able to import 3rd party digital certificates locally on
our workstations. However, since we upgraded to Win2k sp4 (no problems prior
to this 'release') and XP we are running into a conflict with something in
NW4.11 or ZFD1.1 (NAL3.2). The certificates (typically Verisign Class 1&2)
are importable up until the time a user extensible policy is applied to the
user profile through ZEN. I have cleared all restrictions trying to
eliminate a specific policy but when I invoke any one restriction the error
reoccurs. The error reads: "An internal error occurred. The private key that
you are importing might require a cryptographic service provider that is not
installed on you system." Once applied, I cannot get around the error
without rebuilding workstation. I have tried client versions 4.81, 4.83 sp1
& sp2. Any suggestions??

Thanks, Mark

0
CNB

CNB,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
2/8/2004 7:09:41 PM
Mark,

Try the Zen forums - someone there may have run into the same problem.

novell.support.zenworks.*

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be
ignored)

0
Hamish

Web resources about - Win2k & XP ZEN Digital Certificate error - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Certificate of Entitlement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On 1 May 1990, the then transportation unit of Singapore's Public Works Department (PWD) instituted a quota limit to vehicles called the COE ...

Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's daughter's birth certificate found at house allegedly linked to accused killer ...
The birth certificate of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's daughter was allegedly discovered at a home linked to her accused killer last month.

Brisbane asylum seeker accepts Year 12 certificate behind detention bars
An Iranian girl seeking asylum in Brisbane will on Wednesday "accept" her Year 12 certificate from behind the bars of Darwin's Wickham ...

Dell does a Superfish, ships PCs with easily cloneable root certificates
... similar to the Superfish debacle that visited Lenovo in February , Dell is shipping computers that come preinstalled with a digital certificate ...

Apple apologizes to Mac devs for App Store certificate screw-up
... Mac utilities Watermarker and Thumbtack. Apple also explained the cause of the Nov. 12 fiasco, saying that although it had issued a new certificate ...

App Store's failed download bug traced to expired security certificate
... on Wednesday night. It appears the service outage culprit is Apple itself. More specifically, the culprit was an anti-piracy security certificate ...

Faulty Security Certificates Are Screwing Up Some Mac App Store Updates
If your Mac’s app updates are acting a little weird, you’re not alone. A security management slip-up means that some software updates might actually ...

Mac owners have trouble using apps after security certificate snafu
Mac users have reported problems with opening apps purchased from the Mac App Store, the culprit apparently being expired security certificate. ...

Apple sends out letter apologizing/explaining Mac App Store certificate issues
About a week ago, the Mac App Store came a bit off its rails, at least for some apps. Yesterday, Apple sent out a letter of explanation and ...

Apple Responds to Developers Regarding Expired Mac App Store Security Certificates
... their apps. In the email, which developer Donald Southard Jr. shared on Twitter , Apple explains that the company issued a new security certificate ...