Win 7 XP Mode

Has anyone out there gotten drive mappings to work in XP Mode on Windows
7?

What I am currently running in to is that I have some video production
equipment (camera) that the company has had for a while and the vendor
only has XP drivers available, but the system's OS was Vista, which we
have upgraded to 7 for this experiment.  What we are trying to do is
install the software and drivers within XP Mode and see if we can rip
the videos taken from the camera to a digital format.  The XP Mode does
recognize the TS drive letters, but they are not accessible when trying
to save directly to them from the app running in XP Mode.

Thanks for any advice.

--
marklar23

marklar23

In XP mode, from a command prompt:
net use i: \\tsclient\i
would map the Windows 7 i: drive as XP mode i: drive.

Have you tried mapping drives like that?

--
TonyQuick
TonyQuick's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=30290

0
TonyQuick
4/1/2010 6:56:02 PM
Haven't tried XP Mode yet, but I had a similar problem with Virtual PC which
XP Mode is derived from.  Had to change the network type from NAT to Bridged
or something along those lines.  Not sure if you can do that with XP Mode.

Good luck.

"marklar23" <marklar23@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

> Has anyone out there gotten drive mappings to work in XP Mode on Windows
> 7?
>
> What I am currently running in to is that I have some video production
> equipment (camera) that the company has had for a while and the vendor
> only has XP drivers available, but the system's OS was Vista, which we
> have upgraded to 7 for this experiment.  What we are trying to do is
> install the software and drivers within XP Mode and see if we can rip
> the videos taken from the camera to a digital format.  The XP Mode does
> recognize the TS drive letters, but they are not accessible when trying
> to save directly to them from the app running in XP Mode.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>

> --
> marklar23
> marklar23's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5123
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406497

0
youngec

Migrating Eudora 7 from Win XP to Win 7 64
I run Eudora 7 on my current Win XP machine. I'm getting a new Win Pro 64bit computer and want to install Eudora 7 on my new computer and move all of the old Eudora data from the Win XP to the Win 7 computer. I've searched and read, but I haven't found anything that lays out a step-by-step procedure for doing this. I've read that Win 7 won't let you store programs and writable data in the Program Files folder and found several (none of them crystal clear to me) workarounds. I read one fix that said if Eudora is installed in another file - for example C:\My Ut...

Virtual on virtual
Has anyone gotten XP Mode to work in Win 7- while Win 7 is running in VBox? Everything installs seemingly error free- XP Mode, and the two updates. I then start Win XP Mode. The computer goes through 25 minutes or so of setting up XP mode for 'first use'. At the end, a message appears: "Could not complete setup. Please try again". In Win7, I've removed XP Mode from Programs and Features, and reinstalled. No change. :( Using 11.3, Oracle/Sun VBox 3.2.8 with guest additions, and Win7 Ultimate with the three required downloads (after selecting Win7 Ultimat...

Netware Client 4.90 SP for Win XP with SP2 Sleep mode
I have gateway 200xl with 1 GB RAM running Windows XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.90 SP2 English on Windows NT/2000/XP (English) installed connected to the NW 5.1 on dell server. Problem: When screen saver kicks inn user can login into workstation but cant even find my server. Is it neware problem or hardware problem with network card? Can you guide me? Thanks Joe, Could be a name resolution issue. Is SLP setup to resolve NetWare names over IP? Any additional components of the Novell Client installed (ie. ZFD agents, NMAS, NetIdentity, etc.)? Is the Novell Client instal...

Tmaskedit acts differently on win xp and win 7
Using tmaskedit for socsec input. On win xp clicking in component highlights entire 9 char, in win7 enviornment only 1st 3 light up. Usiing delphi 2010 with advantage 11.1 db. ...

Win 7 and XP
I did a clean install of Win7 64 on a seerate partition and it activated fine. When I start up machine it only boots into XP, it gives no other otptions. Using a recovery boot disk for xp shows the other os and lets me boot into it. Both bootini files only show its own OS. Can someone recomend a boot manager that will show both OS's at startup. Do you think MS did not put a boot loader option on the WIN7 as it was supposed to be an upgrade, as it did with the RC and Beta versions. I cant see my earlier post? "Steve" <Me@excite.com> wrote in message news:Xns9C...

XP or Win 7?
How many of you have upgraded to Win 7 from XP? I decided it was time and bought me a 3 user home upgrade of Win7 since I was reloading by good ole trusty Dell desktop, my notebook came with Vista but downgraded to XP so I might put it on there. Is it me but for work related stuff for those who HAVE to stay with a MS Win workstation solution, I'm not seeing the reason to upgrade at work other than the fact that MS is ending support for XP? Support for XP is not being discontinued. Only for SP2 not SP3. SP3 Support is continuing for a while yet. Win7 should be a l...

Tabs on top saves screen space on Win 7 but not Win XP
I upgraded to FireFox 4 on both my home laptop (Windows 7 64-bit Home "premium") and my work computer (Windows XP 32-bit "professional"). The new feature "tabs on top" allows the tabs to use the same vertical space as the new Firefox menu button on the Win7 machine, but on WinXP, the tabs go below that button so I don't recover any vertical space. Is this an OS limitation of XP? Or can I somehow get the space back. By the way I really like the new look which seems to do a good job of getting more screen space for browsing. The new widescreen m...

XP v Win 7
I might have the wrong newsgroup .... aplogies if so. The following code (originated from Turbopower, iPro) works in XP but fails on the TFileStream.Create in Windows 7 ("... cannot create file, access is denied ..."). I have full access to the directory and fails even if running as Administrator. If you comment out the DeleteFile it works in both XP and Win7 - the DeleteFile returns True. If you step through the code (say a few seconds on each line, especially the DeletFile line) then it all works ok, it's like Win7 has not deleted but temporarily locked the file...

XP Mode in Windows 7
Is this a marketing gimmick from Microsoft ? Microsoft website say this as a separate download. if Microsoft just relabeled their Virtual PC and called it "XP Mode" in Windows 7, couldn't I just use Parallels or VMWare instead, and accomplish the same task . Jared technet147@gmail.com Jared wrote: > Is this a marketing gimmick from Microsoft ? Microsoft website say this > as a separate download. > > if Microsoft just relabeled their Virtual PC and called it "XP Mode" in > Windows 7, couldn't I just use Parallels or VMWare instea...

Install win 7 over XP
I still have one computer running XP. I also have a copy of Win 7. Is it possibe to install 7 over XP? Not a regulay windos user, 99% Linux so not up on the details of Windows. TIA Bob Bloggs wrote: > I still have one computer running XP. I also have a copy of Win 7. Is > it possibe to install 7 over XP? Not a regulay windos user, 99% Linux > so not up on the details of Windows. TIA > No. you cannot 'upgrade to Win7 from WinXP. It demands a new install. So. split the partition and install Win7, and have best of both worlds until March 2014... -- LWB ...

suse 11.1. and win xp, xp does not boot
Hi! I just installed opensuse 11.1 on my compaq nx9420. Previous OS was win xp. When I choose to boot suse everything is fine. When I try to boot the xp, it tells me that i should run chkdsk /f to see if the HD is damaged, then I have to reboot. Is there any way to save the win xp? how can i tell the xp that everything is quite allright with the HD, that I just installed another OS? Thanks for help, Arthur -- tentacle1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You installed after partitioning the drive... how? Did you follow ...

XP mode on Windows 7
I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 and it's working fine with the Novell client 2sp1. I need to get the XP mode VM working with the client so I can run C1 and a few other utilities that won't work right with Win 7. I've changed the XPM to use the real NIC instead of NAT mode and installed the NW 4.91 sp5 client in the VM. It won't see the tree. "tree or server not found" The VM is getting an IP from the DHCP server and slpinfo /all matches a normal workstation that works fine. The only really odd thing I see is that the "Last Addr Out: 224.0.1.22&quo...

Win XP and Netware 3.2
From reading posts on this forum it seems that there is no Client 32 that can run on Win Xp and connect to a Netware 3.2 server running IPX Is this the case or is there another solution ? Thanks Donald, > From reading posts on this forum it seems that there is no Client 32 > that can run on Win Xp and connect to a Netware 3.2 server running IPX > > Is this the case or is there another solution ? The 4.83 client should be fine for this. Make sure you do a custom install - IPX only. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch....

Web resources about - Win 7 XP Mode - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Protected mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Real mode functioned identically to the 8086, allowing older software to run unmodified on the newer 286. To access the extended functionality ...

Forget Story Mode, where's Minecraft Advanced Editor Mode?
Rather than turning Minecraft into a guided Choose Your Own Adventure, when will they flesh out the rollback features for people who like to ...

iOS 9 How-To: Put your iPhone in Low Power Mode & extend your battery life
... use certain apps your battery dramatically drains? New in the iOS 9 Settings application is the ability to put your device in Low Power Mode. ...

Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 3, ‘The Last Place You Look,’ is out now on iOS
Your iOS device is definitely not the last place you look if what youre looking for is the latest episode of Minecraft: Story Mode . Thats because ...

Stealth in Fallout 4 is like a developer-sanctioned god mode
For better or worse, you know what to expect from stealth in a Bethesda game. In Skyrim you can walk into a room, steal everything from everyone ...

New 40-player Star Wars Battlefront mode announced
Here's everything you need to know about Battlefront's new Turning Point mode.

Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 3 screenshots, we got 'em
The third episode for Minecraft: Story Mode is out today, and it's actually not half bad. I think I took more screenshots this time around than ...

Einat Admony Is in a Marvelously Relaxed Mode at Soho’s Combina
... in flavor. Some near-fiery, house-pickled peppers pose alongside, delicious in themselves. But where are the fries, you ask? In line with modern ...

Bubble Wrap Puts New Mexico Air Force Base Into Lockdown Mode
An Air Force base in New Mexico went into high alert and lockdown mode after three loud bangs were heard by a civilian employee. It turns out ...

Jump Onboard With Chris Harris In The McLaren P1 In High Downforce Mode
Imagine one lap around the sunny Portimao Circuit in Portugal with Chris Harris in the McLaren P1 running on its optional P Zero Trofeo R tires. ...