Win 7 NW Login Logo size

We have a required security warning as the logo for the login.  It will
not fit in the little 1.5 x 1.5 inch window that is standard for the Win
7 Novell Client 2 SP2.
Does anyone know how to make the logo window larger?

--
mahaffem

mahaffem

It may be best to use the Windows GPO/Registry Setting to issue a
security warning:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310430

I prefer this, since messages delivered this way have been declared
binding in courts of law.  Mind you I'm not a lawyer, but I've used this
method for many different sites knowing this and knowing I'm not a lawyer.

On 2/22/2012 11:46 AM, mahaffem wrote:

> We have a required security warning as the logo for the login.  It will
> not fit in the little 1.5 x 1.5 inch window that is standard for the Win
> 7 Novell Client 2 SP2.
> Does anyone know how to make the logo window larger?

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0
craig
2/22/2012 5:14:18 PM
That looks like an interesting alternative.  Problem is we would like to
display the company logo as a header of the text.  The other issue is
formating.  Like text size, color, carriage returns, etc.

--
mahaffem
mahaffem's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=39933

0
mahaffem
2/22/2012 6:06:01 PM
Understand, I'm not sure what options exist for the Built-in Logo, maybe
they exist.  I was just tossing out an alternative.

On 2/22/2012 1:06 PM, mahaffem wrote:

> That looks like an interesting alternative.  Problem is we would like to
> display the company logo as a header of the text.  The other issue is
> formating.  Like text size, color, carriage returns, etc.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0
craig
2/22/2012 6:18:46 PM
What about replacing the background of the Windows Logon sreen with a
custom image (see
http://www.withinwindows.com/2009/03/15/windows-7-to-officially-support-
logon-ui-background-customization/ )?

--
W. Prindl

mahaffem wrote:

>We have a required security warning as the logo for the login.  It
>will not fit in the little 1.5 x 1.5 inch window that is standard for
>the Win 7 Novell Client 2 SP2.
>Does anyone know how to make the logo window larger?
0
W_
2/22/2012 8:57:12 PM
Thanks for the alternative.  That might be the way we go if no one knows
how to expand the logo window size.

--
mahaffem
mahaffem's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=39933
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452527

0
mahaffem

Migrating Eudora 7 from Win XP to Win 7 64
I run Eudora 7 on my current Win XP machine. I'm getting a new Win Pro 64bit computer and want to install Eudora 7 on my new computer and move all of the old Eudora data from the Win XP to the Win 7 computer. I've searched and read, but I haven't found anything that lays out a step-by-step procedure for doing this. I've read that Win 7 won't let you store programs and writable data in the Program Files folder and found several (none of them crystal clear to me) workarounds. I read one fix that said if Eudora is installed in another file - for example C:\My Ut...

Problems with Netware login after Win XP SP3
This might be wrong forum, but probably not... We have recently deployed a new WS image and made the mistake to include XP SP3 in it - now the GPO setting "wait for network to initialize" apparently seems to have stopped working. Our environment is Netware 6.5, ZEN 7 SP1 w/ user and workstation policies, local profiles created by ZEN on first user login; Client is 4.91 SP4. ZEN 7 SP1 IR3 and the newer agent on the SP3 workstations didn't solve the problem, so I don't think it's a GPO problem. Have tried the image on two different PC models but both show t...

disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client
I am posing this question to the discussion group. How can we through Novell 5.1 with a Win XP 4.9 client require a login with a user name and password rather than establishing a BIOS password. Thank you in advance. Also is there a specific location where I would be able to acces this information? Gary Hawk H-L School Bascom, Ohio Gary, Since the Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain you need to authenticate to a Windows account in addition to eDirectory(NDS). Its usually recommended to sync the account names and passwords between Wind...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

Tmaskedit acts differently on win xp and win 7
Using tmaskedit for socsec input. On win xp clicking in component highlights entire 9 char, in win7 enviornment only 1st 3 light up. Usiing delphi 2010 with advantage 11.1 db. ...

Login to SAMBA from Win XP by login.cmd fails
Hi all, :: _BACKGROUND_ :: We use a login batch file (login.cmd) on XP and (one test) Vista workstations to Samba. Ex.: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ REM Remove all attachments net use * /del /yes REM Login to Samba using Windows Clients net use H: \\Server\Data\Documents net use I: \\Server\Data\Customers net use J: \\Server\Data\Suppliers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~�~ The older Samba "samba-3.0.20b-3.1" worked with this method the last four years without any problems. The Win users have the same login names and passwords on the workstation accounts an...

Tabs on top saves screen space on Win 7 but not Win XP
I upgraded to FireFox 4 on both my home laptop (Windows 7 64-bit Home "premium") and my work computer (Windows XP 32-bit "professional"). The new feature "tabs on top" allows the tabs to use the same vertical space as the new Firefox menu button on the Win7 machine, but on WinXP, the tabs go below that button so I don't recover any vertical space. Is this an OS limitation of XP? Or can I somehow get the space back. By the way I really like the new look which seems to do a good job of getting more screen space for browsing. The new widescreen m...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

XP or Win 7?
How many of you have upgraded to Win 7 from XP? I decided it was time and bought me a 3 user home upgrade of Win7 since I was reloading by good ole trusty Dell desktop, my notebook came with Vista but downgraded to XP so I might put it on there. Is it me but for work related stuff for those who HAVE to stay with a MS Win workstation solution, I'm not seeing the reason to upgrade at work other than the fact that MS is ending support for XP? Support for XP is not being discontinued. Only for SP2 not SP3. SP3 Support is continuing for a while yet. Win7 should be a l...

Win 7 and XP
I did a clean install of Win7 64 on a seerate partition and it activated fine. When I start up machine it only boots into XP, it gives no other otptions. Using a recovery boot disk for xp shows the other os and lets me boot into it. Both bootini files only show its own OS. Can someone recomend a boot manager that will show both OS's at startup. Do you think MS did not put a boot loader option on the WIN7 as it was supposed to be an upgrade, as it did with the RC and Beta versions. I cant see my earlier post? "Steve" <Me@excite.com> wrote in message news:Xns9C...

XP v Win 7
I might have the wrong newsgroup .... aplogies if so. The following code (originated from Turbopower, iPro) works in XP but fails on the TFileStream.Create in Windows 7 ("... cannot create file, access is denied ..."). I have full access to the directory and fails even if running as Administrator. If you comment out the DeleteFile it works in both XP and Win7 - the DeleteFile returns True. If you step through the code (say a few seconds on each line, especially the DeletFile line) then it all works ok, it's like Win7 has not deleted but temporarily locked the file...

Win 7 XP Mode
Has anyone out there gotten drive mappings to work in XP Mode on Windows 7? What I am currently running in to is that I have some video production equipment (camera) that the company has had for a while and the vendor only has XP drivers available, but the system's OS was Vista, which we have upgraded to 7 for this experiment. What we are trying to do is install the software and drivers within XP Mode and see if we can rip the videos taken from the camera to a digital format. The XP Mode does recognize the TS drive letters, but they are not accessible when trying to save dir...

Login questions NW/WIN
Hi, One question for you gurus out there. I have two users using the same PC at different days. They login with different Novell logins, but I would like them to share the same desktop - that is the same windows login. For one reason only - they need to use the same iFolder and to be able to sync with the server the same iFolder store on the PC they must have the same windows login otherwise iFolder won't login for one of them. Might be that I'm asking a dumb question, but I haven't been able to figure out how. Is this possible? Sincerely, DB -- ...

Install win 7 over XP
I still have one computer running XP. I also have a copy of Win 7. Is it possibe to install 7 over XP? Not a regulay windos user, 99% Linux so not up on the details of Windows. TIA Bob Bloggs wrote: > I still have one computer running XP. I also have a copy of Win 7. Is > it possibe to install 7 over XP? Not a regulay windos user, 99% Linux > so not up on the details of Windows. TIA > No. you cannot 'upgrade to Win7 from WinXP. It demands a new install. So. split the partition and install Win7, and have best of both worlds until March 2014... -- LWB ...

Web resources about - Win 7 NW Login Logo size - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Login - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Logging in is usually used to enter a specific page, which trespassers cannot see. Once the user is logged in, the login token may be used to ...

Yahoo To Facebook, Google Users: Login With Yahoo
Facebook and Google users will soon no longer be able to use credentials from those sites to log in to Yahoo services such as fantasy sports ...

Introducing Login Approvals - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Introducing Login Approvals geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Login - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook Login is a secure and easy way for people to login to your app or website. Learn more about its features and why you should use it for ...

Apple TV apps can now support Facebook login w/ the company’s new tvOS SDK
... that using the Facebook SDK on tvOS will allow developers to build “immersive” social experiences on the platform including tools like login, ...

Q3 Social Logins: Google Makes Slow Gains; Facebook Indomitable
... The Q3 report from social identity management provider Gigya is evidence of this fact. While there have been some changes in the social login ...

Hello Windows Hello: Firmware Update Adds Biometric Login To Surface Pro 4 And Surface Book
... Pro 4 . One of the most exciting additions to the convertible tablet from Microsoft was the implementation of Windows Hello biometric login ...

Facebook SDK for tvOS could solve Apple TV's app login problem
Facebook, not Apple, could be the company to streamline tvOS app account authentication, a process that currently requires users punch in login ...

Price Drop: Air Login
Air Login 1.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Business Price: Free, Version: 1.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Wherever you go, there's your Mac. ...

Windows Hello facial logins on the new Surfaces are rather impressive
Extremely quick and effort-free biometric authentication just from looking at your PC.