User profiles changing to Local-local

NetWare 6.5 sp7 servers
4.91 sp 4 clients
Windows XP

For a reason that we haven't been able to determine a large number of
users are having their workstation profiles suddenly changing from
Roaming-Roaming to Local-Local. Yes, we're using Zen's DLU, but I don't
think that's the issue, and here's why I say that.

We've been able to determine that on the machines that are having this
problem the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\NWGINA\Roaming
Profiles\CachedProfilePaths

is no longer being populated. Nothing has changed on any of the ZEN
objects for those users' containers.

Ideas anyone? Please?

--
zeffan

zeffan

Anyone? Please?

--
zeffan
zeffan's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=21925

0
zeffan

single XP local profile / multiple Netware users password problem
Hey. I'm using NW5.1 here and I've been having this problem lately : I needed to create some new accounts, where the client would ask the user to chose its password at first login. This was no problem with win9x. It creates a local profiles with the same username as the NW account and everything's fine. Now with XP, I need everyone to use the same local profile on any given computer (for example, everyone logging onto "Workstation1" will use the "WS1" local profile). The problem is that the client seems to automatically make the NW account's password ...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection
This is my first time to deploy an asp.net2 web site. Everything is working fine on my local computer but when i published the web site on a remote computer i get the error "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed" (only in pages that try to access the database) Help pleaseee Hi You could take a look at this : http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=152338&SiteID=1Sincerely,Young Fang Hi ...

login script provided--User cannnot login as local user the script fails but can login as local admin on xp pc
> Hi all > the error is as follows > novell client scripts has encountered a problem > and needs to close > the exception unknow s/w exception 0xc06d007e > occured in the application at location ox77e738b2 > I have never seen this before and i have tried reinstalling the cleint > but it didnt work. This occurs when the user ins logged into a xp pro pc > as a user though it doesnt occur when logged in as a local admin on the > box. this is only happening on one box. > Login script is below > MAP ERROR OFF BREAK OFF if member of ".every...

The Bat! File Permissions Let Local Users Access the Mail of Other Local Users
http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2003/Oct/1008004.html SecurityTracker Alert ID: 1008004 CVE Reference: GENERIC-MAP-NOMATCH Date: Oct 27 2003 Impact: Disclosure of user information Exploit Included: Yes Description: A vulnerability was reported in The Bat! e-mail client software. A local user can access a target user's e-mail. It is reported that The Bat! creates new accounts with unsafe permissions in the %programfiledir%\The Bat!\MAIL\ directory. A local user can reportedly view inbox and outbox messages. hUNT3R of 01 Security Sumbission is credited with dis...

Dynamic Localization base on User Locale
Greetings, Our system supports multiple language now we have to send the email notification based on User locale. Now in the eMail activity, when we select the email template, I am able to select specific locale but if same workflow is invoked by people with english language and also by other Users having other languages, will it translate the content or we have to have different email aactivity for locale? What if we are sending the mail from Approval Activity? Thanks, RK -- rajeshemailto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Change extension locale but not the browser locale
Hello Moz and extension developers, We have a need to override the locale applied to my extension after it is loaded depending on certain test condition. And here is the bigger problem. That locale might not be in sync with the the browser locale. In other words, can I tell moz to use this locale for my extension? Any ideas would be highly appreciated. The simple workaround is to update the mapping in chrome.manifest after the locale is known, but that is kind of ugly, hackish and also not very useful, since I only know the locale after the extension is loaded. Thanks! ...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

script fails when user logged in as a user on a XP Pro Pc but not when a local admin
Hi all the error is as follows novell client scripts has encountered a problem and needs to close the exception unknow s/w exception 0xc06d007e occured in the application at location ox77e738b2 I have never seen this before and i have tried reinstalling the cleint but it didnt work. This occurs when the user ins logged into a xp pro pc as a user though it doesnt occur when logged in as a local admin on the box. this is only happening on one box. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----- Legal | Privacy | Accessibility C...

script fails when user logged in as a user on a XP Pro Pc but not when a local admin #2
The error is as follows: Novell Client login scripts has encountered a problem and needs to close. The error is The exception unknown software exception 0xc06d007e occured in he application at location 0x77e738b2. This occurs for a regular user account. but not as admin. I have recreated the account in console one and gotten the same error. I have also tried just deleting the local profile but that didnt work either. im also useing the latest zenworks 6.5 client. MAP ERROR OFF BREAK OFF if member of ".everyone.groups.ou.o" then begin # \\serverzen\VOL1 \Applicati...

Dynamic local user on XP
I am trying to get dynamic local user to work on several XP boxes. It works on some machines, but on others it does not; the user is still prompted for a Windows login. I am running the latest client at all machines. Is there some component that must be installed other than the Novell client for this to work? Thanks. the ZENworks management agent? -- Shaun Pond Would the management agent show up on the properties page for the workstation's NIC? I have workstations on which dynamic local user works, but I don't see any evidence of the management agent&...

Lost local user profile
Hi, One of my laptop users recently lost his local user profile (and a great deal of data that goes with it). I am wondering if my ZENworks DLU policy may have had something to do with it. The facts are: 1) The user is part of a user policy that creates a DLU ADMIN equivalent account at login. Options that are set on the DLU are: - (Checked) Enable Dynamic Local User - (Checked) Manage existing user account (if any) - (Checked) Use eDirectory credentials - (Unchecked) Volatile-user (Remove user after logout) is NOT checked 2) The Novell Workstation Manager on the work...

How to image local-to-local
I tried using a couple different Cool Tip articles about zen imaging to USB drives, but am still having problems. I want to store the c:\ drive onto a different partition on the same hard drive. Here's the scenario: 40Gig drive: 20Gig windows partition 10Gig ext2-formatted partition (10gig unused) I mounted the 10Gig partition, then went into the IMG tool and tried to save the c:\drive image to it but it bombs out almost immediately with "Out of space on destination", even though I know that the resulting zmg file will be far less than 10Gig. Please tell me ...

Localize exception messages based on user's locale
I understand that I can install language packs for the .NET framework. Then I can get localized exceptions. Sometimes I want to catch the exception and display the message to the (power) user. For instance: when you create a membership role that already exists, the provider will trhow an exception and I want to display it. ("The role 'test' already exists.") What should I do if I want to display that role in the language for the user? Right now it display in the language for the system. ...

Email Locale
Hi, I am facing issues while trying to send emails to users based on the locale they have configured in their profile. I took the following approach for this: 1. The locale of the user was changed successfully using "Information Management -> Edit user info" in user application. 2. Next, I referred to agpro document and followed the steps mentioned in "18.4.4 Adding Localized E-Mail Templates" to create e-mail templates in iManager. (I do understand that preferred locale setting does not work with PRD's and is therefore not using it for workflows) ...

Web resources about - User profiles changing to Local-local - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

The case for local publishers in local newspapers
Yesterday, Steve Ladurantaye reported in The Globe and Mail that Sun Media had fired a number of regional publishers in Ontario and replaced ...

Local transport decisions for local people
Local transport decisions for local people road.cc Decisions for funding transport schemes 'that have a significant impact on people's daily ...

How A Local Government Can Help Local Startups
I get policy types asking me this question a lot - how can we help local startups? Well one way is to use their products to deliver better and ...

Yelp's Local-Mobile Success Shows How Consumers Are Using Mobile To Drive Local Purchases
Yelp has become the bellwether for a location-based service, as well as the huge opportunity in local-mobile marketing. It's also often mentioned ...

Local Sports Is Too Local, Says ESPN
The "Wordwide Leader in Sports" discovers that size matters

Click Orlando l Orlando News, Orange County, Florida, News and Local Headlines l WKMG Local 6
Visit ClickOrlando.com for local breaking news and headlines from Orlando, FL. Get latest Orlando, Fla., local TV news. Orange County, Fla., ...

How the New Google+ Local Tab Could Influence Local SEO - US Business News Story - CNBC
For local business owners, the results of Google's new Google+ Local tab will go well beyond the social network's increased social features. ...

Make Sure That Local Florist You Found On Google Really Is Local
... Let’s say that you want to order some flowers for your aunt in Omaha. You remember the frequent warnings on this site to go directly to a local ...

Lucrative Altruism: Local Customers Seeks Local Business
Mike’s Note : I’m exited to implement and share with clients the powerful resource that is nSphere ‘s local search widget . I’ve started using ...

Local media covers local impact of sequester. Washington spins its wheels.
... than progressives are willing to talk about the simplest solution: repealing it. As TPM's Brian Beutler notes , outside the beltway, local ...