Urgent! How to connect to Netware 3.76 print server from XP Home?

Hi,

    I am new to Novell. Now, I have a pc with XP Home SP2. I want to know
what version of Novell Client has to be installed in order to connect to
Netware 3.76 print Server? I want to map drive in XP Home. What setup I
have to do? I know XP Home doesn't have Client Service for Netware, does
it matter?

   Please help!

Raymond
0
gtrlovrmusic

gtrlovrmusic@hotmail.com wrote:

>     I am new to Novell. Now, I have a pc with XP Home SP2. I want to know
> what version of Novell Client has to be installed in order to connect to
> Netware 3.76 print Server? I want to map drive in XP Home. What setup I
> have to do? I know XP Home doesn't have Client Service for Netware, does
> it matter?

I'll not comment on version 3.76 of print server, but from what I
understand, trying to get XP Home networked is like trying to teach a
pig to sing.  :-/

John
0
John

Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using XP workstation
I just buy a new computer which install XP. While I try to connect to my Netware 3.12 server, I can't connect to netware 3.12 server using XP workstation. Even I use XP's netware client or Novell client downloaded from novell website. The message said that can't connect to the server. I am sure I had typed the correct server name. I havn't install any software but only Window XP. I had disable firewall. Please help. Try creating a new Location Profile enabled for Bindery mode... * Novell Client --> Properties * Location Profiles * Type a new nam...

Windows XP on Netware 3.12 server
Here is my spec. Netware 3.12 - File/Login Server Netware 5.1 - Print Server Netware 5.1 - SLP Server All our clients are currently Windows 98SE with IP with IPX compatibility support. The clients are depended on the SLP to point them to the login server to login. I've tried many times to get Windows XP to login to our network. When installing client, I've used the following setting. IP with IPX compatibility support Bindery login I've also set the frame type to 802.2 and put in the network number and it still did not work. Any help would be great. Thanks, ...

Can an XP client connect to Netware 3.x ?
I wonder if anyone can help me. I don't have too much Novell experience and one of my clients has an old 3.11 (I Think) server. I have recently installed a new PC with XP Pro and I downloaded client 4.92 fron Novell's web site. When I try to connect, I can see the server on the list, but get an error like Tree or Server not found. is this version of the client compatible with 3.11 ? On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:03:58 GMT, enisbet@bacardi.com wrote: >I wonder if anyone can help me. I don't have too much Novell experience >and one of my clients has an old 3.11 (I Thi...

XP workstation dropping connections to Netware 6 server..
Hello there, I have an XP workstation that is dropping connections to an IP only netware 6 server. The problem is occurring with client 4.9 SP1 and SP2. Basically, the user can login just fine and all drive mappings are present. However, after about 10 to 15 minutes, the user will get the following message when trying to access a mapped drive: H:\ Is not accessible. The specified network name is no longer available. This is machine specific. The user can login to other machines with no issues. Also, I have been told another port in the switch was tried as well as a new N...

Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using netware client 1.1. in opensuse linux
Hi, Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using netware client 1.1. in opensuse Linux. can anybody support us.... Thanks & Regards, prasad -- victoryprasad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 06/29/2011 09:06 AM, victoryprasad wrote: > > Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using netware client 1.1. in > opensuse Linux. -=welcome=- new poster!! i'm just guessing, but this is the openSUSE forum and i have a feeling you are using Novell/Attachmatess SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (or maybe ...

can't connect xp workstation to Netware 5.1 server
I believe we need more info to help you out here. Info such as: Novell Client version - Protocols being used among other things. The more info you provide the faster may be the resolution. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

can't connect XP workstation to Netware 5.1 server #2
Have new XP workstation, loaded Client 4.90sp 1A, rebooted, Netware client logon screen comes on, I entered Tree, Context and Server name, user name/pw and returns an error ( tree/ server cannot be found). Any Ideas. TCP/IP set up correctly as I am getting on internet, just not seeing server. hard wired? Can you ping the server? Disable QOS Packet scheduling in the network options. <cadking@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:XtOVb.4042$6M5.2364@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Have new XP workstation, loaded Client 4.90sp 1A, rebooted, Netware > client logon...

Netware 3.12 server hangs when we delete huge data from 2000/xp client
Hi All, Here is a strange problem with our server.Our netware 3.12 server hangs (Abend message) when we delete huge data from windows 2000/xp client of novell. Before it generates abend error message, on the server console it gives the following error messages. "1.1.44 Error writing to FAT Table for volume ADEPT/DATA" " 1.1.45 Error Writing to the directory on SYS " "1.1.45 Error Writing to the directory on ADEPT/DATA" Can you any one tell me about this problem and if we upgrade to 4.x, will it solve this problem. Note: If we delete any...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

Netware and Windows XP Home
I understand that the Netware Client is not officially supported on Windows XP Home. I've also read on this site that much of Netware 6.5's functionality is available with only a browser on the client. Does this mean that I no longer need the Netware Client on a Netware 6.5 installation? However, if the Netware Client is still needed, are there any workarounds for Windows XP Home. Thanks!!! Jerry K. A client is still recommended in most cases. There are no required workarounds for XP Home because there are no issues. It is simply not supported because MS does n...

Win XP and Netware 3.2
From reading posts on this forum it seems that there is no Client 32 that can run on Win Xp and connect to a Netware 3.2 server running IPX Is this the case or is there another solution ? Thanks Donald, > From reading posts on this forum it seems that there is no Client 32 > that can run on Win Xp and connect to a Netware 3.2 server running IPX > > Is this the case or is there another solution ? The 4.83 client should be fine for this. Make sure you do a custom install - IPX only. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch....

Netware 3.12 & XP
I have installed Netware Client 4.9 onto a workstation running Win XP Pro. I would like to log on to a Netware server running Netware 3.12 (I know its old but it still has some uses). Is this possible or do I need to go back to an older version of the client? Many thanks. Nah, you can do it, just remember to use the right frame type with IPX. -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com > Nah, you can do it, just remember to use the right frame type with IPX. > -- > Dave Lunn > NSC SysOp > http://support-forums.novell.com > > I ...

Web resources about - Urgent! How to connect to Netware 3.76 print server from XP Home? - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Digital property after death issues continue as Apple requires court order for widow to get late husband’s ...
CBC News is reporting that Apple would not disclose Apple ID passwords to a widow after presenting her late husband’s death certificates and ...

Academy president 'heartbroken' over #OscarsSoWhite, vows more action
LOS ANGELES — Cheryl Boone Isaacs, speaking on behalf of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences of which she is president, issued a ...

Don Henley, Glenn Frey, And The Eagles: All Adventures Have Great Beginnings
With the death of The Eagles’ co-founder and guitarist Glenn Frey yesterday at 67 comes the realization of the indelible influence the band had ...

Family members and congressmen reunited with freed Americans
NDTV Family members and congressmen reunited with freed Americans Sacramento Bee Jason Rezaian, the Washington Post reporter who was freed ...

China's growth hits quarter-century low, raising hopes of more stimulus
By Pete Sweeney and Samuel Shen SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China's economy grew at its weakest pace in a quarter of a century last year, raising hopes ...

Netflix renews 'Jessica Jones,' reveals premiere dates
WGNO Netflix renews 'Jessica Jones,' reveals premiere dates WGNO Netflix also announced premiere dates Sunday for these new and returning ...

Maisie Williams Wins Big at London Critics' Circle Film Awards
Maisie Williams shows off some leg as she arrives for the 2016 London Critics’ Circle Film Awards held at The Mayfair Hotel on Sunday night (January ...

WhatsApp Does Away With $0.99 Per Year Fee, Is Now Free to Use
That nominal $0.99 per year fee for WhatsApp is coming to an end, with a blog post from WhatsApp today announcing that over the next month, they ...

Flint's water crisis vexes area bars and restaurants
The Detroit News Flint's water crisis vexes area bars and restaurants The Detroit News Establishments say problem has prompted them to serve ...

'American Pie' singer Don McLean charged in Camden with domestic violence
Press Herald 'American Pie' singer Don McLean charged in Camden with domestic violence Press Herald McLean, 70, was arrested at his home early ...