Sync password Netware and Windows XP

when upgrading windows client for netware from 4.83 to 4.90 we face this
problem :

We lost the sync between netware login an windows login. the
box "synchronise" stay gray and we cannot synchronise after a succesfull
login.

i apply sp1 on 4.90 client : same

the only way i have found is to desinstall nmas client support ...

any idea ?

0
cessih

Install the client w/o NMAS.

You can try disabling it, but I prefer installing it w/o any NMAS support
unless it is absolutely required.

--
Craig Wilson
CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA

Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com
(I Peter 4:10)

0
Craig

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Netware Administrator for Windows XP
Hi! we are using Novell Netware 4.2 under Windows 98 SE. and to administrate users, i use Novell Administrator for windows 98 Requester Version 3.30.0. but i can not use this probram under Windows XP. do you know if i can find Novell Administrator for windows XP. Many thanks. Ahmed Abdelmoumen Ahmed, You need to use nwadmn32.exe. If its on your server it'll be in the sys:public\win32 directory, if its not there you can download from: http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/admn519f.exe/ -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. ...

Netware and Windows XP Home
I understand that the Netware Client is not officially supported on Windows XP Home. I've also read on this site that much of Netware 6.5's functionality is available with only a browser on the client. Does this mean that I no longer need the Netware Client on a Netware 6.5 installation? However, if the Netware Client is still needed, are there any workarounds for Windows XP Home. Thanks!!! Jerry K. A client is still recommended in most cases. There are no required workarounds for XP Home because there are no issues. It is simply not supported because MS does n...

Netware and XP password synchronization
I am unable to synchronize my NDS password with the local XP workstation password. The option on the workstation login screen is disabled. We have no NT servers and use client version 4.90. Is this possible with Netware and XP pro workstations? Just a guess, but is NMAS Authentication enabled? Check in client properties on the Advanced Login tab. -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] Barry, > Just a guess, but is NMAS Authentication enabled? Check in client > properties on the Advanced Login tab. Even worse, just having NMAS installed will do thi...

Netware & Windows XP...
Windows XP Pro SP 2 Novell Client 4.90 SP2 Is there a way I can ENABLE my Windows XP firewall and still be able to connect to my Netware tree? Whenever I enable my firewall...even with exceptions...all my Netware traffic comes to a screaching halt. Thanx. You may want to give this a go: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10095407.htm Otherwise, I'd suggest getting a real firewall instead of the MS toy. stmasi@hotmail.com wrote: > Windows XP Pro SP 2 > Novell Client 4.90 SP2 > > Is there a way I can ENABLE my Windows XP firewall ...

Windows XP Timesynchronisation and Netware
hi, i have a problem with timesynchronisation between winxps and netware. timesync between win2ks and netware are ok. the timesync ist at the netware activate and at the nc, too. does anybody know about this problem? what can i check or do? thanks. When someone logs into the network from an XP workstation, they need to have 'power user' rights in order for the time to be updated from the NetWare server. What version of the client are you running by the way? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Question on utility NWADMIN for NetWare 4.0 which are compatible with Windows 2000 Pro Windows XP Pro
Good afternoon! On a file server it is established NetWare 4.0. Earlier management of this server was carried out by means of utility NWADMIN95 which is established on the computer with Windows 98SE and Client32. Now there is a question of installation on all computers Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro. Thus on official site Novell.com i have found utilities NWADMIN and Client32 only for NetWare 5.0 and later versions. Though these utilities are compatible with Windows 2000/XP Pro, these utilities are incompatible with Netware 4.0. Ask to inf...

NetWare 4.2 to Windows XP
I have a NetWare 4.2 server and a Widows XP Professional Service Pack 2 server and I am trying to figure out a way to get these two servers to communicate with eachother without installing NetWare on the Windows XP server. I found the NetWare 4.2 manual in the documentation archive on Novell's website and I've looked through it a bit and haven't found anything. I searched other postings on this group and one other and didn't have much luck there either. I'm trying to do this because I want to move files from the NetWare machine to the Windows XP machine. If anyon...

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...

Netware/IP Client for Windows XP
Hello I have currently been given the task of making our Novell Netware 4.11 Server communicate over IP. I have read about the use of Netware/IP to encapsulate the IPX packets in an IP packet so that this form of communication can occur, and I have also read about the downfalls of it, and a move to a more recent server would be the ideal solution, but that isn't going to happen and I need to get this to work. Am I right in thinking that you need to set up the Netware Client on the PC's to connect to the Netware/IP server? Is this possible using the Client for XP. ...

Windows XP x64 Netware client?
Any word on this yet? I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... > > Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > John, So did you see this post by Hamish ? > From what I've seen its because the API's and interface keep changing > right up until the release date. A beta client that works with beta 1 of > the OS won't work with Beta 2, a beta 2 client won't work with the First > Releae Candidate .....

xp and netware
We run XP workstations for our clients connecting to our Novell network. The problem is that our users get the workstation login message and if they click to synch with novell on login, then the next user cannot access the workstation as they dont know the new workstation password. we could use the autoadmin workaround but we dont want the users logging on with admin priveleges With AutoAdminLogon, you can specify any user. The user need not be a member of the administrator's group. thomas_stilinovich@health.qld.gov.au wrote: > We run XP workstations for our clients c...

Web resources about - Sync password Netware and Windows XP - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Password strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password in resisting guessing and brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates ...

California Employers, College Administrators Can’t Ask For Facebook Passwords
As the link between Facebook usage and work comes under closer scrutiny, several states have made it a law that employers cannot request social ...

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

Apple demands widow get court order to access dead husband's password
A Victoria widow is outraged over Apple's demand that she obtain a court order to retrieve her dead husband's password so she can play games ...

Et tu, Fortinet? Hard-coded password raises new backdoor eavesdropping fears
(credit: Fortinet) Less than a month after Juniper Network officials disclosed an unauthorized backdoor in the company's NetScreen line of firewalls ...

Updated Android.Bankosy malware steals passwords sent through voice calls
Around a year and a half ago, Symantec warned about the personal data stealing malware Android.Bankosy. Now the Trojan has been updated so it ...

Password service LastPass was forced to increase its security
Password manager LastPass was forced to up its security measures following the release of research showing just how easy it is to convince its ...

Widow says Apple told her to get court order to secure dead husband's password
Technically Incorrect: A Canadian woman says that when her husband died, even showing the company his death certificate and will do no good in ...

LastPass phishing attack may have snagged passwords
A relatively simple phishing attack could be used to compromise the widely used password manager LastPass, according to new research. Notifications ...