Strange Problem with GSNW

Hi there

We rely on GSNW for connectivity between our windows and netware
servers.

We have a service running on our windows server (Novell File Mirror),
this service copies files to and from our windows and novell server like
this

\\zig-gate-3\l1_scanning\ = Novell server (Lon1:\vol2:\scanning
directory)

SourceFolder1 = \\zig-gate-3\l1_scanning\NSCAN\WORKFLOW\IMAGDISF
DestFolder1 = E:\services\Workflow\TRANSFER\IMAGES\IMAGDISF

SourceFolder2 = \\zig-gate-3\l1_scanning\NSCAN\WORKFLOW\IMAGDIST
DestFolder2 = E:\services\Workflow\TRANSFER\IMAGES\IMAGDIST

SourceFolder3 = \\zig-gate-3\l1_scanning\NSCAN\WORKFLOW\IMAGDIS1
DestFolder3 = E:\services\Workflow\TRANSFER\IMAGES\IMAGDIS1

SourceFolder4 = \\zig-gate-3\l1_scanning\NSCAN\WORKFLOW\IMAGDIS2
DestFolder4 = E:\services\Workflow\TRANSFER\IMAGES\IMAGDIS2

SourceFolder5 = \\zig-gate-3\l1_scanning\NSCAN\WORKFLOW\WPINDISP
DestFolder5 = E:\services\Workflow\transfer\wpindisp

SourceFolder6 = E:\services\workflow\transfer\postconv
DestFolder6 = E:\services\workflow\transfer\images\imagdisp

When the service first starts it checks to see whether it has rights to
all directories and confirms that all is okay

however whenever it tries to move files from the IMAGDIST folder from
novell the service breaks. All other directories continue as normal.

We use the same service for the same directories on a different server
and all directories work fine so i know its not the service or the way
we have setup the folder thats the problem.

I've checked the rights on GSNW and on edirectory using nwadmin32 but i
can't see anything wrong

if somebody can offer me any advice it would be much aprpeciated. I'm
pulling my hair out over this!

Thanks

Robbie

--
robbiecookie101

robbiecookie101

If GSNW means, "Gateway Services for Netware", then you need to ask in
the MS Forum, that is their product.

This looks like you have a program that mirrors files between Windows
and NetWare servers.  You could load the Novell NCP Client on a
Workstation or Server and schedule such a job.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0
craig
2/28/2012 1:59:19 PM
What NetWare and Windows versions? You've posted this in the Novell
client forum - but is there a Novell client involved? Or only the
Microsoft one?

What does "the service breaks" mean? Any errors or messages? Can you
manually copy those files OK?

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not