Slow login with LDAP Contextless login enabled

Hi all,
Has anyone run into the problem were users take over a minute to login?

If the user does a logout and then login again without restarting the
machine it takes 10 seconds.
So the problem is only when the computer is restarted.

If I disable the LDAP Contextless login in NWClient 4.92Sp2 the login
takes 10 seconds and the problem is gone...

The environment is NW6.5 SP6 ( I know, we will upgrade to SP8 as soon
as possible :-)
eDir is 8.7.3.9 and will also be upgraded asap.
ZfD 4.00.1135

--
Bengtb

Bengtb

is eDirectory healthy?
Does the server your pointing contextless login to for LDAP lookups have a
copy of the partition where the user resides?

Try changing the ldap lookup to point to another server and see if you get
the same results.

<Bengtb.3z2k20@no-mx.forums.novell.com>,
Bengtb<Bengtb@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Has anyone run into the problem were users take over a minute to login?
> If the user does a logout and then login again without restarting
> themachine it takes 10 seconds.
> So the problem is only when the computer is restarted.
>
> If I disable the LDAP Contextless login in NWClient 4.92Sp2 the
> logintakes 10 seconds and the problem is gone...
>
> The environment is NW6.5 SP6 ( I know, we will upgrade to SP8 as soonas
> possible :-)
> eDir is 8.7.3.9 and will also be upgraded asap.
> ZfD 4.00.1135--
Bengtb----------------------------------------------------------------------
--Bengtb's Profile:
> http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=62465View this thread:
> http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=387353
0
Greg

ldap contextless login slow
I have client 4.91 sp3. I have set the slp scope and Da in the client settings. I've enabled LDAP contextless login. If I enter the username and click in the password filed (or tab to it) I can see that the user context is correctly located. However, the login process (ie the animated N) can stick around for up to 30 seconds. If however, I actually click the context button and the context that the LDAP has found, the login is very fast indeed (say 5 seconds). Any ideas why actually clicking the context that the LDAP has already located speeds things up? Weird? thanks Tom ...

LDAP Contextless login and Relative Distinguished Names (RDN) login
Is it possible to have BOTH LDAP Contextless login AND RDN login available AT THE SAME TIME? I'm asking because I would like to use contextless login but it would generate far less helpdesk call if I could still retain RDN login. When I tried it, it gave an LDAP error when I entered a RDN (ie, sylvain.adm instead of just sylvain) using the NW4.9SP1 client on Windows XP. Thanks. Not to my knowledge; only the "common name" portion goes into the "Username:" field and the actual context of that object goes into the "Context:" field. For the re...

LDAP Contextless login and 802.1X WLAN login with Aegis client
Hi. Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT have network access until after it has logged in. Currently we disable LDAP contextless logins and "Workstation Only" flag for workstations that need WLAN access, is there any better way of doing this? /anders Anders Westerberg wrote: > Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless > logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT > have network access until af...

2x 'Incorrect login count', for each login attempt through LDAP
We are running eDirectory 8.7.3 on NetWare 6.5SP2, and use LDAP for authentication between a number of applications (Apache, Tomcat, etc) and eDir. Whenever someone enters a wrong password, while trying to authenticate to one of the LDAP dependant applications, the 'Incorrect login count' increases by 2 instead of 1 though. So, instead of seeing 1->2->3->Account Locked in C1, we are seeing 2->4->Account Locked. Needless to say, our users are wondering why they only get 3 tries online, when they get 4 trying to log onto their workstations(and it isn't...

LDAP Contextless Login hangs with SSL enabled and ...
hi, LDAP Contextless Login hangs with SSL enabled and login to Workstation/Windows only.This only happens with Windows XP/SP2 workstations.Trying the same with Windows 2000 workstations with no problems. No problems after disabled SSL in LDAP Contextless Login configuration or login to the network using Windows XP/SP2.Has anybody seen this problem? It's Novell Client 4.91/SP3/SP4. Thank You for any help. Regards Klaus -- KlausT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KlausT <KlausT@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote: &g...

netware login after windows login?
Hi all, I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into windows. I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving the windows session (win2K, XP). Is that possible? Do I need special tools in order to do that or is it sufficient to install novell client software? Is it possible not only to login but also to run the novell login script? Thanks a lot in advance Stefan Stefan, > I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into > windows. In regedit.exe goto: HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ...

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

LDAP contextless login slow 2-6 delay
I read a newsgroup article about a "known issue" relating to a 2-6 second delay when doing an LDAP query from the contextless login in client 4.9 (http://groups-beta.google.com/group/novell.support.netware.client.winnt-2x-xp/msg/d4ad09c0d5ea0cdc). I am experiencing this issue and it is driving me nuts. I can use any number of ldap querying applications and have sub-second response times when searching through my whole tree (5000 objects). But, whenever I use the contextless login in the client, I get a 2-6 second delay before it finds the user. This happens when I use ...

LDAP Disabling anonymous binds stops Netware client from doing contextless login
Edirectory 8.7.3.3 Netware Client 4.9.0 SP2 Proxy_User has been created with blank password. I have been instructed by our auditors to disable anonymous binds on the LDAP server object. When I do this the LDAP contextless login feature of the Netware client stops working. I've been reading the documentation and tids on ldap and feel as if I'm going in circles... :) Can someone lend a hand, or point me to a good, complete document that discusses LDAP configuration, security, requirements, etc? Thanks in advance. Cheryl Fischer Cheryl Fischer Network / Email Admin...

Last Login time and LDAP logins

Login Script does not work with contextless login
I need some advice regarding Login script for Windows XP SP2. Server: NetWare6.5 SP7 Client: Windows XP SP2 Login script is set on OU where users reside. Login Script does not work since if contextless login is configured. Contextless Login works fine but no drive map works due to Login script does not work. If Contextless Login setting is removed from XP computer, login script starts to work. Users have only local C:\ drive only under My Computer on XP when Contextless Login is enabled. Login scripts map few more network drives that reside on NetWare servers. Do y...

Netware login and WinXP login boxes
I am upgrading from WIN 2K to WIN XP, using Netware Client v 4.9.1. When I startup the computer, I get the Novell login screen to enter user name/password, select ok to get a successfull login. Then, I get a windows workstation dialog box to enter user name/password. Passwords are out of sync. We have approx. 500 users, so I can't set everyone up with a user account in Windows. We don't have a dedicated domain server, so I'm not sure how to fix this problem. We are also using ConsoleOne 1.3.3 with Zen. I'm new to the Novell world, so I hope someone can he...

OS9 login to Netware 5 okay, OSX login to Netware 5 fails
--____DBOIMFUIYTYUEXTAEQAR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 Netware 5 (SP6) servers all configured the same and are running = Netware 5 Services for Appleshare v4.5. This just started happening a few days ago. It was working perfectly fine = before. I can't think of anything I might have done to this one particular= server to make it go "bad". I can login under OS X to 2 out of the 3. I can login under OS 9 to all of them. The one I can't login to: No matter what user login I use, I a...

Netware login replaced by Microsoft login
Hi I am not sure that this is the right group, however as the login is affected here goes. System - winxp sp1 fully patched. Netware client 4.9sp1a. Zenworks 4.01, eTrust Antivirus v7, latest signature files. This morning, all machines started normally, however when machines were restarted, (not just logged off) they presented the Microsoft login, rather then the Novell one. This presented a rather large problem for our student population, as student accounts are created by Zenworks on login. The staff was still able to login on to the workstations (static accounts) and th...

Web resources about - Slow login with LDAP Contextless login enabled - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Contextless Right-Wing Puke Funnel Video Good Enough for USDA Firing
I’m loath to jump on anything pushed by professional bully Andrew Breitbart, but since he rules the world of the traditional media and, apparently, ...

Contextless manga wtf - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard
The Romney campaign thinks they have a winning Obama gaffe on their hands. At a Univision election forum this afternoon, President Obama admitted ...

Hugh Ryan (@Hugh_Ryan) on Twitter

Jonathan Martin, Future Gunner « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on ...
Guess the lawyers will sort out whatever happened between Richie Ingonito and Jonathan Martin.

Rewindy Isn't A Photo Sharing Service, It's A Story Platform
Over the years I've noticed that photos on Facebook, the world's largest photo sharing platform, are getting more and more contextless as people ...

“The Pacific”: A Regrettable Lack of Common Virtues
... Philippines. However, scenes in which Americans loot Japanese corpses for their gold teeth or murder wounded Japanese prisoners remain contextless ...

Even The Founder Of YouTube Can’t Stand Google+
Jawed Karim posts his first YouTube comment ever. Hard to see how these contextless, disembodied Google+ comments are an improvement, but hey! ...

Orioles announce slew of minor league coaches and staff
The Orioles announced all of their minor league coaches and player development staff on Thursday because it's not like there was anything else ...