Screen Capture the Ctrl-Alt-Del Screen for HOW-TO Handouts for users?

Greetings. Like everyone here, we make handouts on How-To's for our users.
Pictures help, and I have used for years the Print Screen Key that captures
a page, and then put it in word, crop it, add text, and distribute.

I wanted to show people how to change their password, by Ctrl-Alt-Del, and
use the screens in it. However, the key combo locks out the ability to
screen capture. I have tried all the combinations of WindowsXP screen
capture, and also have used several screen capture programs. Nothing Even a
movie capture, and it ignores it, and stays on the windows background!

Any help would be appreciated. If no fix, maybe a source where I could get
these screen shots.

Mike.

0
Michael

Michael Dionne,
> Any help would be appreciated. If no fix, maybe a source where I could get
> these screen shots.

Try SnagIt or even better, run in a VMWare window.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders

I managed this by accessing a remote PC using the an XP Remote Desktop
connection and grabbing the screen with Alt+Print Screen (I think ... it may
have been Paint Shop Pro's screen capture).

Regards,

Iain

"Michael Dionne" <mdionne@wocsd.org> wrote in message
> Greetings. Like everyone here, we make handouts on How-To's for our users.
> Pictures help, and I have used for years the Print Screen Key that
> captures
> a page, and then put it in word, crop it, add text, and distribute.
>
> I wanted to show people how to change their password, by Ctrl-Alt-Del, and
> use the screens in it. However, the key combo locks out the ability to
> screen capture. I have tried all the combinations of WindowsXP screen
> capture, and also have used several screen capture programs. Nothing Even
> movie capture, and it ignores it, and stays on the windows background!
>
> Any help would be appreciated. If no fix, maybe a source where I could get
> these screen shots.
>
> Mike.

0
Iain
10/23/2004 6:42:17 PM
OR, use ZENworks for Desktops 'Remote Control' feature

> Hi,
>
> I managed this by accessing a remote PC using the an XP Remote Desktop
> connection and grabbing the screen with Alt+Print Screen (I think ... it
may
> have been Paint Shop Pro's screen capture).
>
> Regards,
>
> Iain
>
> "Michael Dionne" <mdionne@wocsd.org> wrote in message
> > Greetings. Like everyone here, we make handouts on How-To's for our
users.
> > Pictures help, and I have used for years the Print Screen Key that
> > captures
> > a page, and then put it in word, crop it, add text, and distribute.
> >
> > I wanted to show people how to change their password, by Ctrl-Alt-Del,
and
> > use the screens in it. However, the key combo locks out the ability to
> > screen capture. I have tried all the combinations of WindowsXP screen
> > capture, and also have used several screen capture programs. Nothing
Even
> > movie capture, and it ignores it, and stays on the windows background!
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated. If no fix, maybe a source where I could
get
> > these screen shots.
> >
> > Mike.

0
nemisis
10/25/2004 6:56:24 AM
> Greetings. Like everyone here, we make handouts on How-To's for our
users.
> Pictures help, and I have used for years the Print Screen Key that
captures
> a page, and then put it in word, crop it, add text, and distribute.
>
> I wanted to show people how to change their password, by Ctrl-Alt-Del,
and
> use the screens in it. However, the key combo locks out the ability to
> screen capture. I have tried all the combinations of WindowsXP screen
> capture, and also have used several screen capture programs. Nothing
Even a
> movie capture, and it ignores it, and stays on the windows background!
>
> Any help would be appreciated. If no fix, maybe a source where I could
get
> these screen shots.
>
> Mike.

I'm not if this will help you, but whenever I want to get a screen capture
of a login or anything of this nature, I remote control the pc.  I use
Novell's RC but you could probably use PCANYWHERE.
0
hdenigris
10/25/2004 5:30:34 PM
Or VNC if you ain't got that ;-)

<nemisis@wildmail.com> wrote in message
> OR, use ZENworks for Desktops 'Remote Control' feature
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I managed this by accessing a remote PC using the an XP Remote Desktop
>> connection and grabbing the screen with Alt+Print Screen (I think ... it
> may
>> have been Paint Shop Pro's screen capture).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Iain
>>
>> "Michael Dionne" <mdionne@wocsd.org> wrote in message
>> > Greetings. Like everyone here, we make handouts on How-To's for our
> users.
>> > Pictures help, and I have used for years the Print Screen Key that
>> > captures
>> > a page, and then put it in word, crop it, add text, and distribute.
>> >
>> > I wanted to show people how to change their password, by Ctrl-Alt-Del,
> and
>> > use the screens in it. However, the key combo locks out the ability to
>> > screen capture. I have tried all the combinations of WindowsXP screen
>> > capture, and also have used several screen capture programs. Nothing
> Even
>> > movie capture, and it ignores it, and stays on the windows background!
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated. If no fix, maybe a source where I could
> get
>> > these screen shots.
>> >
>> > Mike.

0
Iain
10/26/2004 7:27:11 AM
I want to thank each and everyone of you for your help and kindness in
responding! I have now multiple ways of doing this!

Cheers!

Michael

0
Michael

How do I have a single XP Login and a ctrl-alt-del screen?
I am running Novell Client 4.9 on Windows XP SP2, and I can either have a ctrl-alt-del welcome screen or a single login. In the registry, if I set AutoAdminLogin to 0 then ctrl-alt-del comes up, I push that, then log in to Novell, but a Windows login screen appears. If I set AutoAdminLogin to 1, ctrl-alt-del does not appear, but I only have to log into Novell. How do I get the ctrl-alt-del screen and the single Novell login without a Window login? webmaster, The Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain, so you need to authenticate to a Windows...

Delay between ctrl+alt+del and login screen
I am having an issue with a long delay between the control alt delete splash screen and the login box. Client 4.90 Windows XP. The reason I am sure, is that we have a user personalized network that does not give you an ip address until you authenticate, (ie an odyssey gina that authenticates to a radius during your login). I'm assuming the client sees that I have a network cable plugged into a card, and it waits a timeout length (roughly 90 seconds) before giving up and displaying the login box. Any thoughts on lowering or removing that timeout? atkinsoa@ipfw.edu wrote: ...

ctrl alt del screen remains after uninstall
I have a 2000 Pro desktop on which I installed Novell 4.83 - After unintalling, the Novell ctrl alt del screen remains - when trying to log on to the network, I get a screen that says not all network resources are available (the Novell servers) and do I want to continue to try and log on to the available network? If I say NO - it takes me back to the Novell ctrl alt del screen, if I say YES - it logs me in to the MS network -- how can I get rid of the Novell ctrl alt del screen? ltojek, It sounds like the client didn't fully uninstall - take a look at: http://support.n...

Screen Capture
Hi, how should one implement "Print Screen" functionality within PB without using any OCX's? What I'm looking for is to get a print of the active window e.g. to clipboard. Then copying that to e.g Word using OLE is ok and that I can do. The problem is getting the picture of the active window to the clipboard. Or is there a better solution? TIA, Kari You can simulate pressing the print screen key. See http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47760 "Kari Paukku" <paukku@falx.com> wrote in message news:42fbb4bb$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi, &g...

ctrl alt del screen still present after client uninstall
I have a Windows 2000 Pro desktop that I installed Novell 4.83 client - the ctrl alt del screen is now the Novell screen - I uninstalled the client, but the Novell ctrl alt del screen still comes up - when trying to logon to our network, I get a window that says not all network resources are available (the Novell servers) - do I still want to try to login to the network? - If I say yes - it logs me in through the MS network, if I say NO - it takes me back to the ctrl alt del screen - how can I get rid of the Novell ctrl alt del screen??? Thanks! Sounds like a good question to...

ctrl-alt-del screen looping on Wxp with 4.91sp1a
I have a machine here that is doing a loop with the Crtl-alt-del screen. I enter in the username and password and hit enter and it goes away as if the login is successful but then it just loops back to the Crtl-alt-del screen. Tried this with workstation only as well. Can anyone suggest a fix for this please. I have had this, If you goto hkey_local_machine\sofware\microsoft\windowsNT\currentversion\winlogon\ and rename NWGina.dll to MSgina.dll you can login and uninstall then reinstall the client. This will bypass the client > I have a machine here that is doin...

log in problem--- alt ctrl del screen keeps returning
Hi. Last week I had a problem with a virus called randex so I followed symantec removal instructions which included going to registry and resetting some values and deleting other values. My UPS has a fault which made me restart my server, but now I cannot log in because the ctrl+alt+ delete novell log in screens keeps returning whenever I type in my password and ok in the password screen. I have tried removing the network cable and clicking the log in to windows only but to no avail. I would appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thanks atilladanger, > Last w...

want Ctrl+alt+del to sit at screen waiting for password
When i dos ctrl+alt+del to lock my PC I then have to ctrl+alt+del & THEN enter my password to sign on. My colleague can enter C+A+D & his PC does not get locked, it just sits waiting for him to enter his password. Does anyone know what/where this is controlled? I do not want to C+A+D. Thanks In win2k (and XP I believe) the setting for Require Users to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete is in the Control Panel>Users and Passwords under the advanced tab. I believe that is what you are asking for. KJ <ian.crawford@centurytel.com> wrote in message news:0iL_b.1082$Mw6.220@pr...

Disabling task switching (CTRL-ESC, CTRL-ALT-Del,ALT-F4 etc) in Xp,Vista,W7
How can one disable/enable the task switching keys in Windows (XP, Vista, 7) ?? Ctrl-Alt-Del can be disabled by changing a registry entry in XP, how are the other key combo's changed CTRL-ESC, ALT-F4, ALT-ESC ALT-Tab etc. procedure DisableCtrAltDel(Val: Boolean); var MyReg: TRegistry; begin Try MyReg := TRegistry.Create; with MyReg do begin RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER; OpenKey('\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System', True); if Val then WriteString('DisableTaskMgr', '1') else ...

Suppress "CTRL ALT DEL" login splash screen?
I'd like to configure my 4.91 SP4 clients so they go directly to the username/password login window instead of stopping at the "Press CTRL ALT DEL" to login window. I remember a time where I could do that through client properties, but can't seem to find it. How can I set my workstations to bypass the initial Novell CTRL ALT DEL window? There is a registry key (do not remember it off-hand), but you can do the same thing using the GUI: Start | Run: "control userpasswords2" Go to "Advanced" tab. Uncheck "Require users to press ...

No logon screen after Ctrl-Alt-Del on Windows 2008 R2 TS
Hi, We have got a problem on our 2008 R2 TS servers that the logon dialog is not showing after Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed. The screen is just blank and nothing happens. Even on console. The Novell client is Novell Client 2 SP1 IR9 and ZCM 10.3.3. After a reboot it is working for a few hours, and when back to no logon screen again.. Have tried to reinstall Novell client, did'nt help. The machine is fully patched with Windows update. Any ideas? Please help! -- gold7809 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ We had a similar issue. ...

4.9 and 4.9sp1 bypass CTRL-ALT-DELETE screen on XP
Hello all, I am building an image for our company and ran into a weird issue today. I have loaded Windows XP SP1a and all needed security patches on a brand new Dell D600 laptop, I joined the Active Directory domain with no issues but as soon as I installed the Novell client 4.9 and rebooted I found an issue, if you let the pc set for more then 5 seconds on the CTRL-ALT- DELETE screen the screen goes away (Like someone hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE) and brings you to the log-on screen. I have tried this on 2 diffrent D600's both with fresh builds of the OS SP and patches and they bot...

How do I get rid of the 'ctrl + alt + del' splash screen on 4.91 sp1 client?
I have installed the Novell 4.91 client for XP with service pack 1. Now instead of going directly to the login screen, the 'ctrl + alt + del' splash screen shows up. How do I turn the 'ctrl + alt + del' splash screen off? > I have installed the Novell 4.91 client for XP with service pack 1. Now > instead of going directly to the login screen, the 'ctrl + alt + del' > splash screen shows up. How do I turn the 'ctrl + alt + del' splash > screen off? > The Novell client should honour the setting in the local security policy. I ...

Long delay to display login screen after pressing ctrl-alt-del with Client v4.9 SP2
There are now two posts on this forum describing exactly the same problem that I am experiencing since upgrading to Client v4.9 SP2, neither of which have an answer. The problem is that it now takes at least 3 minutes to display the Novell Login screen from pressing ctrl-alt-del. The screen blanks completely and just displays the mouse icon. There appears to be no disk activity. Setup: Dell D800 Latitude Windows XP SP1 plus all updates Novell Netware Client v4.9 SP2 update B Zenworks Version 4.0.1.17 I am a mobile user who does not always connect to the Novell Network. The sy...

Web resources about - Screen Capture the Ctrl-Alt-Del Screen for HOW-TO Handouts for users? - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Ctrl-Alt-Del - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IBM keyboard autographed by David Bradley, the inventor of the Ctrl-Alt-Del key combination.

Obama: I'm the CTRL-ALT-DEL President
Immortalises IBM's three-finger salute and asks what NSA critics are smoking US president Barack Obama has immortalised IBM's three-finger salute ...

Ctrl Alt Del · The42
The latest Irish and international sports news from The42

Ctrl-Alt-Del inventor makes final reboot
David Bradley, we salute you

Ctrl-Alt-Del