Roaming user profile in users home directory

Hi, hope you can help out...

When a user logs in to NetWare, the %home_directory is mapped to
<volume>:USER\<username> on the NetWare server. Roaming profile is
enabled via a NDS user package, to store the user profile in user home
directory. User profile should be copied to the local workstation upon
login and copied back to the server upon logout.

There are space restrictions on the user�s home directories. We found
that some user�s home directory is full, but they are not getting any
error when they log out. Only that the user profile, e.g., USER.DAT or
items on the desktop, are not copied to the server.

Usually the user will not even notice that. It will only cause problem
with those users that really roam around.

0
george

Roaming user profile in users home directory #2
Hi, hope you can help out... When a user logs in to NetWare, the %home_directory is mapped to <volume>:USER\<username> on the NetWare server. Roaming profile is enabled via a NDS user package, to store the user profile in user home directory. User profile should be copied to the local workstation upon login and copied back to the server upon logout. There are space restrictions on the user�s home directories. We found that some user�s home directory is full, but they are not getting any error when they log out. Only that the user profile, e.g., USER.DAT or items...

Travelling users, Roaming profiles and "Home Directory"
We a running netware 6 with zen4.01, with a mixture of w98,w2k and wxp machines. We currently use roaming profiles which work well as long as someone is not logging in from a remote site across the WAN. We use RSync to syncronise users home directories between sites. Zen only allows you to specify that the profile is stored in the % HOME_DIRECTORY. Alternatively you have to use a 'mandatory profile' to which, changes to the users desktop to not get written, but for which, you can specify a drive mapping. Is there anyway to control where zen looks for the %HOME_...

Creating Roaming Profiles for 2K and XP with no domain (for netware users)
We are currently running Netware 5.0 with a variety of win2k and winXP workstations. Our current configuration has a local account set up on every workstation for the user who normally uses that computer. I'd quite like for my users to be able to go to any computer on the network and log in. Is there a way in a non-domain environment for me to set up something simlar to "roaming profiles" that can be pulled from the netware server when a person logs in? I've tried looking in the knowledgebase, but haven't found what I am looking for. If it is there, and I...

Lost user login and user home directories
I have lost the ability to login into my OS 11.1 system with any of my defined user logins. The system returns: "Cannot enter home directory. Using /" If I 'OK' this, the next message (in a sort of DOS box) is: "kstartupconfig4 does not exist or fails; the error code is 3. Check your installation" If I OK this then I am represented with the original user logon panel. This sequence is the same for all the users defined on the system I can login as root. When I do so I notice that there are no user directories under /home Is this recoverable?...

Single Users Profile and All Users Profiles List
I've made a discussion forum. And I have also installed simply asp.net membership. Now I want after click on user link to redirect to the page with User's info.I have simply user "John" and user "Bob" and everyone can click on those names and will see page with informations stored in Profile (Like Profile.Name, Profile.Address). I have three simply question:1. How to show profile values of other User ? Like I wrote above.2. How to list all users with for example their e-mails ? I mean: UserLogin - UserName - UserMail3. Or the easier way is to make new table with those all information an...

User Home directory
Very strange situation. Hope I am missing something simple... Home directory public_html folders are working for all users in Teachers container. Also working for most users in Staff container. However, several public_html for users in Staff container are not working. If I move the user objects to Teacher container (leaving directories where they are) they work! What should I be looking at? LDAP, Public trustee rights, something else? Thanks in advance... Additional info... The affected users also have a workstation object with the same name... So it appears that Netware is searching ...

Howto re-create a user profile / home dir for an existing user a/c
Hi there, i was hoping someone could let me know what is the correct way/procedure to re-create a user home directory. For instance, on a Mac/Windows machine, i would just rename the existing user profile [home dir], and then just log back in as the user - job done. On OpenSuse/Linux, it seems it does not work that way..?!:\ When i try to rename my home folder to say me.old via root, and log back in as me, i get all kinds of errors. Opensuse does create a new home dir, but it appears not properly. I guess i could just remove the account via User and Group Management..? Then ...

User and User Profile Storage
How would you handle these situations? 1st Situation Storing user and user's profile information in the database. I have two ideas to handle this. #1) Store all the users information in one table #2) Store only the information needed to login the user in the user table, and have a userProfile table to store the rest of the user's profile information. Why? #1) Easy to build queries for, but will cause more overhead when the user is simply logging in. However, it will cause a lower overhead when looking up a user's profile information, as there will be no need to do table jo...

Windows user same as Netware user
I'm sure this has been dealt with before but I don't remember what to do - two regular users on the same XP/Pro/C32_4.9/SP2 workstation. I want, after each has put in their Netware login and password, for the Windows login to happen without further user intervention - each of these two Netware users is also set up, same user name, same password, as an Admin user on the workstation. What do I do to make this happen? TIA. -S- Hi, Have you tried this registry setting? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Login\Tab Settings\NT Credentials] "Sync NDS ...

User Wordlist in User-Profile
high i saw in the TID10080800 that it is possible to point the User Word-List in example to a network drive like H:\\WT61US.UWL. how can i point it to the Userprofile like C:\Document and Setting\%USER%\\WT61US.UWL so it is copied to the server everytime the user logs out, but it is local for the notebook user's ? i dont now how to set it in the registry, that it point to the User-Profile. thanks Sascha Sascha, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has you...

Active Directory user home directory
Hi all. I have a question, how to sync home directorires of users from Identity Vault to Active Directory? Into AD there are 2 LDAP attributes calleds homeDrive (the network drive letter) and homeDirectory that is the network path used to map during user login. My doubt is about the eDirectory volume information. The volume will be not sync to the AD because AD does not recognize this information, right? So, how to sync? I was thinking about create 2 eDirectory attributes where I can write theese informations. What do you think about this? Anyone can help me? Best regards...

Create Directory in Users Home Directory
Hello I was wondering if there was an easy way of creating a directory and coping a file to it in each users home directory, using the login script? Could I just run a batch file like this: @echo off dir F:\homedir\test\test.file 1>2> nul if errorlevel=1 goto test goto end :test mkdir f:\homedir\test xcopy f:\test\test.file f:\homedir\test goto end :end Or is there an easier way? Thanks Jtk, > Or is there an easier way? > ZEN for Desktops... But you can do it with a batch file. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (...

Creating a user directory other than home directory
Hey there, I have a two-fold problem. I have JRB utilities but I can not see how to make this work. We created a directory in the users home directory. We want to move all these directories out into another main directory and have the same file rights. Plus, when we add new users, we want this directory to be created automatically. Each teacher has a directory called GQWIN in their home directory. This is their gradebook. We want to move all of the teachers gradebooks into one central "Gradebook" directory, then their username, then the GQWIN directory. Curren...

single XP local profile / multiple Netware users password problem
Hey. I'm using NW5.1 here and I've been having this problem lately : I needed to create some new accounts, where the client would ask the user to chose its password at first login. This was no problem with win9x. It creates a local profiles with the same username as the NW account and everything's fine. Now with XP, I need everyone to use the same local profile on any given computer (for example, everyone logging onto "Workstation1" will use the "WS1" local profile). The problem is that the client seems to automatically make the NW account's password ...

Web resources about - Roaming user profile in users home directory - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Researchers show how to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
... showed at the Black Hat security conference. The attack, called an SMB relay, causes a Windows computer that's part of an Active Directory ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...