Problem accessing NW volume after Client 2 SP2 IR1 ?

Problem accessing NW volume after Client 2 SP2 IR1 ?
Hi!
Well, with ZENworks 10.3 I use to access Novell Netware repositories
(for installing some applications) scripts to login, just "net use ...",
and it does work ok. After I'd renew Windows 7 Novell Client soft (to
latest SP2IR1) I can't access Netware volume anymore. On W7 device still
having Client 2 SP1 IR5 installed ... no such a problem, same bundle did
work out well, as it has done many times before. Think connected to
Client update, not sure, though.
Installed new Client because of problem described
http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/452718-invalid-file-handle-w7-saving-netware-volume.html.
Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.

=== Verbose logging started: 13.03.2012  6:17:13  Build type: SHIP
UNICODE 5.00.7601.00  Calling process: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe
===
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Resetting cached policy values
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Machine policy value 'Debug' is 0
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: ******* RunEngine:
******* Product:
\\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63.msi
******* Action: 
******* CommandLine: **********
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Client-side and UI is none or basic:
Running entire install on the server.
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Grabbed execution mutex.
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Cloaking enabled.
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Attempting to enable all disabled
privileges before calling Install on Server
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Incrementing counter to disable
shutdown. Counter after increment: 0
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Running installation inside
multi-package transaction
\\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63.msi
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Grabbed execution mutex.
MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: Resetting cached policy values
MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: Machine policy value 'Debug' is 0
MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: ******* RunEngine:
******* Product:
\\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63.msi
******* Action: 
******* CommandLine: **********
MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 2203 2:
\\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63.msi
3: -2147287038 
MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: MainEngineThread is returning 2
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is
0
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback'
is 0
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Incrementing counter to disable
shutdown. Counter after increment: 0
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts
3: 2 
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts
3: 2 
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress
3: 2 
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress
3: 2 
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Decrementing counter to disable
shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied.  Counter after
decrement: -1
MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Restoring environment variables
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Decrementing counter to disable
shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied.  Counter after
decrement: -1
MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: MainEngineThread is returning 2
=== Verbose logging stopped: 13.03.2012  6:17:13 ===


-- 
NovAlf
------------------------------------------------------------------------



0
NovAlf
3/13/2012 12:06:02 PM
novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp 10573 articles. 1 followers. Follow

11 Replies
494 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

Do you have problems only with Zenworks functions or with Novell Client
file access, too. If the first please ask in the Zenworks forums as
that is probably totally unrelated to the Novell Client. (BTW it can be
useful to reinstall the zenworks agent, after installing a new client.)

Otherwise continue to read further:
How do you access your Netware volumes via NET USE or via Novell MAP?
If you use NET USE you are maybe using Novell CIFS, which has nothing
to do with the Novell Client. And every update/install of the Netware
Client sets the UNC-path filter in the client properties to ON, which
can make CIFS connections impossible and unreliable.

As I have no NW server running at the moment I cannot tell you of
problems with the latest clients, but I would seriously doubt that you
see major differences between OES Linux and NW from the client side.

-- 
W. Prindl


NovAlf wrote:

>
>Problem accessing NW volume after Client 2 SP2 IR1 ?
>Hi!
>Well, with ZENworks 10.3 I use to access Novell Netware repositories
>(for installing some applications) scripts to login, just "net use
>...", and it does work ok. After I'd renew Windows 7 Novell Client
>soft (to latest SP2IR1) I can't access Netware volume anymore. On W7
>device still having Client 2 SP1 IR5 installed ... no such a problem,
>same bundle did work out well, as it has done many times before.
>Think connected to Client update, not sure, though.
>Installed new Client because of problem described
>http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/452718-invalid-file-handle-w7-saving-netware-volume.html.
>Any ideas?
>More thanks, Alar.
>
>=== Verbose logging started: 13.03.2012  6:17:13  Build type: SHIP
>UNICODE 5.00.7601.00  Calling process: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe
>===
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Resetting cached policy values
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Machine policy value 'Debug' is 0
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: ******* RunEngine:
>******* Product:
>\\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63
>.msi ******* Action: 
>******* CommandLine: **********
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Client-side and UI is none or basic:
>Running entire install on the server.
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Grabbed execution mutex.
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Cloaking enabled.
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Attempting to enable all disabled
>privileges before calling Install on Server
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Incrementing counter to disable
>shutdown. Counter after increment: 0
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Running installation inside
>multi-package transaction
>\\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63
>.msi MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Grabbed execution mutex.
>MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: Resetting cached policy values
>MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: Machine policy value 'Debug' is 0
>MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: ******* RunEngine:
>******* Product:
>\\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63
>.msi ******* Action: 
>******* CommandLine: **********
>MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 2203 2:
>\\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63
>.msi 3: -2147287038 
>MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: MainEngineThread is returning 2
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is
>0
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback'
>is 0
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Incrementing counter to disable
>shutdown. Counter after increment: 0
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer
>\Rollback\Scripts 3: 2 
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer
>\Rollback\Scripts 3: 2 
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer
>\InProgress 3: 2 
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer
>\InProgress 3: 2 
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Decrementing counter to disable
>shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied.  Counter after
>decrement: -1
>MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Restoring environment variables
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Decrementing counter to disable
>shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied.  Counter after
>decrement: -1
>MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: MainEngineThread is returning 2
>=== Verbose logging stopped: 13.03.2012  6:17:13 ===
0
W_
3/13/2012 1:39:41 PM
NovAlf;2181675 Wrote: 
> Problem accessing NW volume after Client 2 SP2 IR1 ?
> Hi!
> Well, with ZENworks 10.3 I use to access Novell Netware repositories
> (for installing some applications) scripts to login, just "net use ...",
> and it does work ok. After I'd renew Windows 7 Novell Client soft (to
> latest SP2IR1) I can't access Netware volume anymore. On W7 device still
> having Client 2 SP1 IR5 installed ... no such a problem, same bundle did
> work out well, as it has done many times before. Think connected to
> Client update, not sure, though.
> Installed new Client because of problem described
> http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/452718-invalid-file-handle-w7-saving-netware-volume.html.
> Any ideas?
> More thanks, Alar.
> 
> === Verbose logging started: 13.03.2012  6:17:13  Build type: SHIP
> UNICODE 5.00.7601.00  Calling process: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe
> ===
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Resetting cached policy values
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Machine policy value 'Debug' is 0
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: ******* RunEngine:
> ******* Product:
> \\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63.msi
> ******* Action: 
> ******* CommandLine: **********
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Client-side and UI is none or basic:
> Running entire install on the server.
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:828]: Grabbed execution mutex.
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Cloaking enabled.
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Attempting to enable all disabled
> privileges before calling Install on Server
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Incrementing counter to disable
> shutdown. Counter after increment: 0
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Running installation inside
> multi-package transaction
> \\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63.msi
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Grabbed execution mutex.
> MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: Resetting cached policy values
> MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: Machine policy value 'Debug' is 0
> MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: ******* RunEngine:
> ******* Product:
> \\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63.msi
> ******* Action: 
> ******* CommandLine: **********
> MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 2203 2:
> \\Server\Macromedia\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.11.1.102.63.msi
> 3: -2147287038 
> MSI (s) (0C:28) [06:17:13:843]: MainEngineThread is returning 2
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is
> 0
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback'
> is 0
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Incrementing counter to disable
> shutdown. Counter after increment: 0
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts
> 3: 2 
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts
> 3: 2 
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress
> 3: 2 
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Note: 1: 1402 2:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress
> 3: 2 
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Decrementing counter to disable
> shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied.  Counter after
> decrement: -1
> MSI (s) (0C:10) [06:17:13:843]: Restoring environment variables
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: Decrementing counter to disable
> shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied.  Counter after
> decrement: -1
> MSI (c) (D0:C4) [06:17:13:843]: MainEngineThread is returning 2
> === Verbose logging stopped: 13.03.2012  6:17:13 ===

It might be that you are experiencing this bug:
http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7010276

If you can open a SR then I believe they might have a fix available for
you to test.

Thomas


-- 
thsundel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
thsundel
3/13/2012 1:46:01 PM
Hi Thomas, over a long time! =)
And thanks! Jep, did open a SR, we'll see.
More thanks, Alar.


-- 
NovAlf
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
NovAlf
3/13/2012 1:46:02 PM
NovAlf;2181713 Wrote: 
> Hi Thomas, over a long time! =)
> And thanks! Jep, did open a SR, we'll see.
> More thanks, Alar.

It's been a while :)

Please, let us know how it goes.

Thomas


-- 
thsundel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
thsundel
3/13/2012 1:56:01 PM
Certainly will do!
Alar.


-- 
NovAlf
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
NovAlf
3/13/2012 2:06:01 PM
Hi and thanks!
Well, all this start to happen after client update (ACU, btw.) some
week ago and I thought here is a good place to start finding out what is
going on. Also, as I read, here is some topics pointing to similar
problem using also UNC-path and bug-info Thomas pointed to has also
described using UNC-path. I am using "net use" and at least few times
updating also Client 2 and ... so far no such a problems.
Anyway, as I wrote - I'll keep You posted.
More thanks, Alar.


-- 
NovAlf
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
NovAlf
3/13/2012 2:16:02 PM
Hi again!
From support they ... well, seems to have no idea. But, today installed
Client 2 SP1 IR9a and ... guess what ... problem went away -- program
from Netware share was installed as usual.
Alar.


-- 
NovAlf
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
NovAlf
3/14/2012 9:56:02 AM
NovAlf;2181981 Wrote: 
> Hi again!
> From support they ... well, seems to have no idea. But, today installed
> Client 2 SP1 IR9a and ... guess what ... problem went away -- program
> from Netware share was installed as usual.
> Alar.

I believe this is related to bug# 750785, ask them to make a FTF for
you to try out.

Thomas


-- 
thsundel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
thsundel
3/14/2012 11:16:02 AM
Hi and thanks!
You mean this bug# represent same link You sent? When so, I yesterday
sent to support also this link You pointed to and today sent them info
about working IR9a, so ... we'll see.
More thanks, Alar.


-- 
NovAlf
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
NovAlf
3/14/2012 11:26:02 AM
NovAlf;2182002 Wrote: 
> Hi and thanks!
> You mean this bug# represent same link You sent? When so, I yesterday
> sent to support also this link You pointed to and today sent them info
> about working IR9a, so ... we'll see.
> More thanks, Alar.

Yes that bug# is linked to the TID# I sent earlier.

Thomas


-- 
thsundel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
thsundel
3/14/2012 12:06:02 PM
Hi and thanks!
Seems to just released IR2 did solve this problem. =)
More thanks, Alar.


-- 
NovAlf
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453327

0
NovAlf
3/22/2012 9:46:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Windows XP SP2 Client 2.91 problems
We are currently having a major problem with all XP workstations with SP2. None of the workstations can log in to the Netware 6.5 network. Any workstation with SP1 or Win2K machines can log on without issue. All XP boxes have 4.91 sp1 client. We are installing SP2 for client 4.91 to see if it corrects issues. Any help would be most appreciated Does it help if you place the server's IP address in the server field at the logon screen? How are you trying to find/resolve the servers? SLP? If so post the results of "SLPINFO /ALL" from both SP1 and SP2 boxes. slw...

XP SP2 DDE problems with Firefox anyone? (v.2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3)
I had a strange issue crop up the other day, shortly after (but not immediately after) I had upgraded Firefox to v2.0.0.3. Every time I launched a shortcut, or typed a URL from the "run..." line, I got an error message: :"Windows cannot find '[full url here]'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, :and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then :click Search." [Dialogue button: OK] The site would launch normally, but the annoying dialogue would always pop up. If the browser was open already, there was no error message. ...

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

Win XP sp2 & NW client 4.9 sp2
I have taken the plunge and installed windows XP sp2, only to find that the 4.9 sp2 client now copies the netware username to the windows username, regardless of the client property setting. Has anyone seen this yet or have a way of stopping this ? Thanks Emma Emma, Interesting. Have not seen that on boxes with the same setup. In Windows XP Group Policy, the following policy exists... Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Interactive logon: Do not display last user name What is it set to? Got the previous line fro...

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

Printer problems (NDPS 3.0.2, eDir 8.6.2, NW 6.0 + SP2)
Printer problems (NDPS 3.0.2, eDir 8.6.2, NW 6.0 + SP2) We just migrated from NDPS 2.1.6 to 3.0.2 and upgraded to Netware 6 +SP2 (eDIR 8.6.2) I moved our NDPS database succesfully Allmost all our printers are working perfectly except 1 Canon (CLC900 ColorPASS-Z20e) & 1 HPLJ4000 printers won't work anymore The ColorPASS-Z20e seems to be unable to handle NDPS with eDir 8.6.2 (we had a Canon technician in our office last week but he didn't succeeded in getting it working. We have an identicle CLC900 but with a ColorPASS 5000 which seems to work properly. I man...

VPN client problems XP-SP2
I have experienced on 4 occassions, where the VPN client 3.8.9 created major problems in XP pro. These were not clean machines but were working fine. After the install all network services were unavailable. I have never had an issue with freshly installed machines. I was unable to access any network properties to attempt a repair. I was unable to repair two of the four, and had to reinstall from scratch. Right now I have a consultant on the east coast that needs access and it failed in the same way on three of his machines. One of which he had to reinstall and won't try ...

Accessing a netware volume through windows client
Hello, We have a contrator who needs access to one of our netware volumes. > > The contractor is using a microsoft client on her laptop. she doesn't want > > to load netware client on her laptop, but we want her to be able login to > > the netware server. Netstorage we've decided would be to slow plus the > > database is to big to upload and download. We did decide to load our VPN > > client, but once connected via VPN how can we get her to connect to our > > netware volumes without using novells client. Please help > > > >...

client problem after installing xp sp2
Hi all, we are running the 4.9 sp1a client. When we install windows xp sp2, the drives stop mapping on login. We have to uninstall the client and reinstall it. This doesn't happen on all the computers we install xp sp2 on, but some. Obviously, xp sp2 is causing some problem, but I thought I would check here to see if anybody has seen this and has an easier solution than uninstalling and reinstalling. Thanks for any help Mike There is a 4.90 SP2 release (available for 5 months) plus some post SP2 updates to the client. Have you tried these? -- Barry Schnur Novell S...

Windows clients have problems accessing server volumes
Situation is quiet complex. To tell the truth I'm not sure where to post this. Lets start from the beginning. We have three servers. One of them acts as iscsi target other two are XEN hosts. Hosts connect to iscsi target, mount ocfs2 partition which holds VM configs and images as files. Then start necessary VMs. Among VMs there are ZCM and OES2. Both of them connect to iscsi target again and mount their storage volumes. ZCM holds images on reizer partition, OES2 holds user files on NSS volumes. All three physical servers have 3 or 4 network interfaces. 2 of them are b...

NW Client problem to access map drive
Dear all, Our user computer is running Windows 98 with NW client 3.4 and Windows 2000 with client 4.91, and we are running a pair of NetWare 6 servers with cluster enable for volumes. Moreover, both server with dual LAN port and has combined as a signal LAN port for increase the throughput. This configuration has been operated more than 2 years. Recently, some of the user reported their computer occasionally have problem to access a map drive in a NetWare 6 server, but this problem seems hasn't occurred in the same time for they computer. Sometime the map drive can access a...

Problem accessing Volume with Client 4.9 SP1a
Hi there, When I update my client from 4.9 to 4.9 SP1a, I can't seem to access a specific volume on a 6.5 server. I get "The folder was moved or removed." Sys is still accessible but data1 is not. (Data1 is Traditional) When I switch back to 4.9 it works again. Anyone seen this? Thank Maybe give this a try: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968059.htm So far it has solve the problem for me. -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

client 4.9 for Windows XP and access to volumes
A user changed is laptop with a brand new one which is running windows XP. He installed the latest novell client 4.9 for windows XP. The problem is that he cannot access two volumes on the server. The server is running Netware 4.12. It has the following volumes : SYS VOL2 VOL3 When the user logs in, he can see the 3 volumes a very short while and then SYS and VOL2 cannot be accessed any more. Even when the server is browsed through the netware tree. The volumes are listed and when clicking on it, Windows reports an error as the directory is no...

Web resources about - Problem accessing NW volume after Client 2 SP2 IR1 ? - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Highest Percentage Of Opera Mini Users Accessing Facebook? Macau
If you were asked to guess which country had the highest percentage of users of Opera mobile Web browser Opera Mini users accessing Facebook ...

International Users Accessing Facebook Places Through US VPN Accounts
By using a virtual private network (VPN) hosted in the United States, Facebook users from around the world are accessing Facebook Places. The ...

What are some alternatives to Yodlee for accessing bank information?
Clay Loveless , Founder, Jexy. Co-founder, Mashery. Founder, Jexy. Co-founder, Mashery.

Cloud Console - Accessing files in cloud storage for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Cloud Console - Accessing files in cloud storage on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Meryl Streep On Accessing The Characters Within - YouTube
Meryl Streep talks about the importance of an actors work representing their ability. CONNECT WITH AFI: http://facebook.com/AmericanFilmInstitute ...

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...

Frances Abbott scholarship: Sydney woman pleads guilty to accessing Whitehouse Institute records on PM's ...
A Sydney woman who leaked the student records of Tony Abbott's daughter pleads guilty. A Sydney woman who leaked the student records of Prime ...

Resources last updated: 11/29/2015 5:27:03 AM