NW client causing Groupwise client install failure?

If GW software distribution folder is on NW server with traditional
volume and WS is formatted with FAT32, install will fail with "cannot
load packing.lst" error

Server is NW 6 sp3 or NW 6.5 sp1
client is 4.83 sp2 or sp3 or 4.9 sp1
Workstation is Win XP sp1

Install will complete if either GW software distribution folder is
moved to NSS volume, run off of CD, run through M$ share or WS is
formatted NTFS.

Any suggestions for client settings to resolve this situation?

TIA,
Russ
0
Russ

Russ

We ran into this same issue. Take a look at
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086370.htm

Matt
0
Matt
6/22/2004 2:55:54 PM
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:55:54 GMT, Matt Riolo <m!riolo@luc.ed*> wrote:

>Russ
>
>We ran into this same issue. Take a look at
>http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086370.htm
>

>Matt

Thanks, Matt, that fixed it.

Russ
0
Russ

Slow login into Windows GroupWise Client without Netware Client installed
Hi, Customers GroupWise version is GroupWise 7.02HP1a with GroupWise 702 Agent Hot Patch 2 Rev 1 SP2 installed on a Netware 6.5 SP6 Server. The users don't have access to the Netware filesystem (no Netware cient, cifs or anything else). The login needs nearly a minute after entering the login credentials. I tried to remove the sdd - same problem. Although I know GroupWise 7 supports a restore area without direct file access I removed the postoffice from the member list of the restore area - same problem. Maybe I have to reboot the poa after doing that? I cross-checked wi...

Groupwise client installation on windows XP
Dear all, We install groupwise 5.5 client on windows XP with administrator right. Then our normal user log on and use groupwise 5.5 client. We found that in Control panel--> mail-->Delivery-->Deliver new mail to the following location:, it is not Groupwise Message store. It shows Groupwise private folder. How to correct this problem? Thanks a lot. York Hi, yorksu@yahoo.com wrote: > > Dear all, > > We install groupwise 5.5 client on windows XP with administrator right. > Then our normal user log on and use groupwise 5.5 client. We foun...

Client install on XP workstation
The 7.0.1 client on a new XP SP2 machine, closes just as the splash screen appears. When you double-click either grpwise.exe or notify.exe (shortcut or actual file) you see the .exe list in task manager�s processes for 1 or 2 seconds. During the 1 or 2 seconds, you see the GW splash screen. After the two seconds the splash screen closes. You never make it to a login. Any local account on that workstation has the same issue. The Novel Client is 4.91 SP2 with all the latest update patches. The XP firewall is turned off and no errors are found in the Event Viewer. In addit...

Installing the Groupwise 5.5 client on XP
I have downloaded the WMS fix for XP but when I run it, it does not extract anyfiles or appear to do anything and then when I try to install the client I get the installtion failed message. Any ideas?? Thanks Run it from a command prompt, that should work Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

install groupwise client on russian windows xp.
I try to install groupwise client on russian windows xp. It goes to 99 % then it just stops, no error, no screens just stops. I have tried 6 client 6.5 client same result. sorry win2000 russian. NOT XP. On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:28:58 GMT, Roger Carlsson <roger.carlsson@invid.se> wrote: > >I try to install groupwise client on russian windows xp. >It goes to 99 % then it just stops, no error, no screens just stops. >I have tried 6 client 6.5 client same result. Roger Carlsson wrote: > just stops, no error, no screens just stops. That's weird, an...

Can not print when install Netware Client for XP
When I install Netware client for Windows XP SP1 or SP2, I can not print to a network printer connected to a workstation with Windows 98. I tried to install Client ver 4.8, 4.9 SP1 and 4.9 SP2, but they did not work and I still can not print through the network. Please could anyone help me if he faced this problem before. Regards, net, Do you have NDPS or the iPrint client installed? Can you verify its not a service/IP port conflict? -- Tony Pedretti Hi, No I do not have NDPS or iprint, and there is no conflict. Do you think it maybe because of a virus or a spywa...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

Missing ccsw32.dll error with GW7.0.1 ir1 client when NW Client is installed
This is a crosspost as I had no luck with my posting in the GW7 Client forum. I am having the issue with more users, and it is definitely tied to the Novell Client, as it goes away if you uninstall the Novell Client (which is not really a solution). Yes, I have tried the latest 4.91 sp3 client and it makes no difference. Do I need to open an incident ? I cannot believe no one else is having this problem, as we have seen it in over a dozen cases so far. *********************** Original Posting****************************** Updated my GroupWise 6.5.6 system to 7.0.1 ir1 over th...

Groupwise Unattended install w/ NW Client 4.91sp2
Random issue, when I preform unattended installs of Groupwise 7, on varous machines occationally I'll get a prompt to configure LDAP. I've found that if the computer already has 4.91sp2 the groupwise install will prompt, but if a computer does not have client 4.91sp2 it does not ask. does anyone have any ideas? Jvanpelt, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of...

Re-install of Groupwise Client on Windows/XP W/S
One of the staff wanting to re-install the G/W Client onto a Windows XP W/S had problems running setup.exe whether from SDD or from client CD. When executing NOTHING happens, nada, zero. I have seen that he had unistalled the incumbent client before starting the attempt. Nothing for G/W shows in the Add/Remove control panel section. And to me it does not seem to want to run setup although other setups work from other applications. I have download and attempted to remove anything from G/W from W/S such as CleanIt (demo version) and still nothing happens. I went back to other ...

i cant loging in on windows XP pro after install NEtware Client
Hi; i just install Client for netware networks on windows XP pro, now, every time i try to log in, it ask me a username and a password, neither windows username and pasword works, nor a netware's user. Any idea? arturo_p_e@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi; > > i just install Client for netware networks on windows XP pro, now, every > time i try to log in, it ask me a username and a password, neither windows > username and pasword works, nor a netware's user. > > Any idea? Have you tried checking "workstation only" in the advanced tab and th...

groupwise 5.5 client install on XP not working messaging error
trying to install gpw 5.5 client on XP tell me me installation error seems like it can't install the "windows messaging subsystem" then tells me to restart and i get the same thing. is this a groupwise issue or should i go to MS thanks js TID10051350 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ thanks "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:xn0dg7cau3q5ja00d@support-forums.novell.com... > TID10051350 > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Par...

Simplest client installation for XP Pro and NW 5.0 SP6
Oops; somehow I posted the message without text. At any rate, I'd like to accomplish the simplest installation possible of the Novell Client for XP Pro and a NW5.0SP6A server. We're converting to IP, which is already bound in the server, and the XP Pro clients already have TCP/IP installed, as they access the 'net thru a premises DHCP router. We've had lots of problems with the latest Client (4.91 SP2), and it looks like way more than we need. I'm installing 4.83 SP3, but we've still had problems like the dreaded "Tree or server not found" e...

Web resources about - NW client causing Groupwise client install failure? - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...