Novell Client - Windows 7 - No drives Mapping on reboot.

I am tearing my hair out on this one.  I have tried every client from
Novell Client SP1 IR8 to the newest Novell Client 2 SP2, newest IR, and
I cannot get the drives to map on an initial login.  If I go to the red
N in windows 7 (In the new task bar) right click and loginm no
problems...but if I reboot, and login to novell, and into the computer,
drives will not map, they only map from the desktop.

I have tried:

1.  All newest novell clients (Novell client 2 SP2 newest IR packs)
2.  Some old windows 7 novell clients (Novell Client 2 SP1 IR7 and
above)
3.  Loaded GPEDIT.msc, LOCAL COMPUTER-->Administrative
Templeates-->System Settings-->Scripts-->Run Login Scripts Syncronously
4.  Tried Totally uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 7 client(s)

Well, still no dice..any suggestions...torches are being lit

--
Techlord

Techlord

Have you tried using the IP address instead of the Server name? - which
may indicate an issue with DNS or your "hosts" file on the Windows 7
PC.
Try reinstalling the Novell client and select 'custom' to only use "IP"
for the connections for your Client-to-Server logins.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462

0
leroyjjr
3/23/2012 9:06:02 PM
We always use the ip address, even though we have DNS set up and
resolving perfectly, we choose to always use server ip address.

--
Techlord
Techlord's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8609
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453856

0
Techlord
3/23/2012 9:06:02 PM
If you open another program or drop to a CMD prmopt, are your drives there?

There are a couple of mapping issues.

On 3/23/2012 5:06 PM, Techlord wrote:

> We always use the ip address, even though we have DNS set up and
> resolving perfectly, we choose to always use server ip address.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0
craig
3/23/2012 10:23:14 PM
Novell Just released a newer Client for Windows 7, 2008 & Vista - - - A
post by smflood - - 'Novell Client 2 SP2 (IR2) for Windows now
available' (http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?p=2183984#poststop)

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453856

0
leroyjjr
3/27/2012 6:46:02 PM
Maybe it has something to do with "Network Provider Order": 'Is there a
way to change network provider order in Windows 7? - Microsoft
Answers'
(http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/is-there-a-way-to-change-network-provider-order-in/49acc0b0-89e5-4ee0-b30f-a8fe26e8f367)
We have experienced problems with drivers not getting mapped after
installing Adobe Creative Suite which put something called adobe drive
first in the "Network Provider Order" list

--
jimbjorklund
jimbjorklund's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=67487
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453856

0
jimbjorklund
3/29/2012 12:16:02 PM
jimbjorklund;2186047 Wrote:
> Maybe it has something to do with "Network Provider Order": 'Is there a
> way to change network provider order in Windows 7? - Microsoft Answers'
> (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/is-there-a-way-to-change-network-provider-order-in/49acc0b0-89e5-4ee0-b30f-a8fe26e8f367)
> We have experienced problems with drivers not getting mapped after
> installing Adobe Creative Suite which put something called adobe drive
> first in the "Network Provider Order" list

I have the "NetWare Services" listed as my first provider and
"Microsoft Windows Network" as my fourth - - my Win7 PC is also logging
into a 2008 AD Domain.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453856

0
leroyjjr

Client not mapping drives XP Pro Client 4.83sp1
I am having a problem getting any novell client on an XP Pro machine mapping drives. I have tried every client from 4.83 sp1 through the current beta. I have tried re-installing the clients with every install option, but it will not map any drives for ANY client. Untill 5-28-2004 I have never had this problem with any other computer on location. This is happening to any new (new or reloaded with a fresh copy of xp). Other 25 computers on site work fine, acconts log in on other computers ok, but any new copmuter I try to log in will not map drives. Is there something real...

XP reboot executing from mapped drive
I am experiencing XP reboots when I attempt to execute a file stored in a mapped drive, but only when using the Novell Client. The machine in question had been running XP Pro SP1 with Client 4.90 SP1 successfully for a long time. After updating to client 4.91 I ran for weeks without noticing a problem. When I applied XP SP2 I first noticed it, but I cannot say for sure whether it was broken before I also added Mcafee Internet Security Suite 2005. I tried applying the 4.91 SP1, uninstallling the client and re-installing 4.90 SP1, removing Windows SP2, and disabling McAfee. The pro...

drive map error on XP client
My network is a bit behind the times but it has served me well. I'm adding my first XP client today and most of my login script is working except for one which returns the error: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed [ROOT K:=FS\VOL2:USERS\ADMIN] The error code was 8804 This mapping works: if member of "FSGROUP" then MAP ROOT M:=FS\VOL1:FS MAP ROOT Q:=FS\VOL2:QADEPT endif While this one doesn't: if member of "Admins" then MAP ROOT K:=FS\VOL2:USERS\ADMIN else MAP ROOT K:=FS\VOL2:USERS\%LOGIN_NAME endif Can anybody tell...

Mapping a clients drive to other clients?
I have no idea how to do this.... is there another section in this newsgroup I should post my question? "Graham Compagnoni" <yarmak@swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in news:E7Hpb.3195$5N5.428@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > I have no idea how to do this.... is there another section in this > newsgroup I should post my question? Graham, assuming you are trying to do this with the Netware client, not Groupwise, try: novell.support.os.client.winnt-2k-xp or the corresonding group for the Win9x client. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer ...

Netware 6 and XP not remembering a drive mapping
I was wondering if someone has a clue how to fix this problem? I have Netware 6 Client 4.83 on WinXP. I have two servers with separate trees. If I log into the main server I get all the drive mappings expected. I want to also have a drive mapped to the other server. I use the client to map to the server. I can view the files and do anything with them. But when I reboot the connection does not reconnect. If I click on the drive in windows explorer than everything reconnects. It just doesn't do it automatically. How can I get winXP to remember the connection automatically? ...

Server 2003
Hi guys, Just wondering if Novell has released a specific client for Server 2003. On the download page I am noticing the clients for 2000/XP/98 etc... Also wondering if anyone has had any problems or issues running clients on server 2003 or can provide any guidelines. I am experiencing slow access to mapped drives and am wondering if this is related Cheers, Pls post in the client32 forum, thx. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are...

MS Client for Netware cannot map drive to NW 5.1 server
I am stuck, and dont know if this right forum. I have a NW 5.1 server with sp 6, we are still using IP and IPX The MS client can map to all other 5.1 server fine, but this one particular server it cannot find it. I know MS client only uses IPX but stuck on what it could be. It is an XP pro machine with SP2, firewall turned off. Thanks For better support in this forum, I suggest installing Novell Client on that machine. We don't use the Microsoft Client so trying to duplicate your problem is very hard. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (N...

NW5.1 XP client slow mapped network drive access
When initially accessesing drives using XP client 4.9sp2 the drives take 20 seconds to show contents. things tried so far are.... MS KB article 171386 Changing the provider order to list NW client first. ?? Jfarr, Any additional components of the Novell Client installed (ie. ZFD agents, NMAS, NICI, etc.)? Is the client installed IP, IPX or both? Is SLP setup to resolve NetWare names over IP? Was Windows installed from scratch, a custom image, or an OEM image? Event Viewer logs showing anything unusual? Can you verify if its security or any other driver-based...

ica client and local Client drive mapping
we have ps 4.5 server running with the actual netware client. ica client drive mapping works if we login workstation only. if we activate the login to edir and run the login scripts the drive mapping of ica are not executed. netman, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and su...

4.9 sp1 client not mapping drives on XP Pro also pops up the workstation login
I am having 2 problems with the 4.9 sp1 client. On a new PC with JUST XP loaded I installed the client with a custom install. All defaults were chosen execpt it uses just IPX for the protocal. A XP profile is created with the same user name and password as the novell login with administrator access. The first problem happens when logging in. When I log in to Novell it then pops up the workstation login every time it is booted. Other machines at the location, some running the same client do not do this. Once the pc is logged on, the drive mappings from the log on script are ...

Win XP Pro, ThinkPad A31, Client 4.83 SP3, drive mappings disappear
I have one computer, a ThinkPad A31 with an integrated NIC, running XP Pro and Novell Client 4.83 SP3, and a single 4.11 server. After login, everything seems fine, but as soon as an app is opened over the network (such as our in house database), the connections are lost. The drive letters are still visible, but when you select one, the client doesn't "see" the drive. I have tried: Updating the client (I have avoided 4.9 because it runs extremely slow on our server, another issue entirely that I'm not prepared to attack at this time.) Updating NIC driv...

Client 4.91/SP2
hi, Update agent will run from Mapped Network Drive under Widows 2000 but not from Windows XP workstations. Message appears "no update found" Thank You for any help REGARDS Klaus Tillenburg I think Novell recommends using UNC paths with the update agent. XP is more secure than 2000 in the user vs. system respect. As such trying to get some system-level processes to use attributes from the user space doesn't work. -- Tony Pedretti > I think Novell recommends using UNC paths with the update agent. > XP is more secure than 2000 in the use...

VPN Client 3.7&3.8 Connects but Can't Run Scripts or Map Drive
We're using BM 3.7 SP3 as: + Firewall + Remote Access Server The VPN Clients 3.7 & 3.8 (SP1a) via LAN are connecting to the tree just fine, but does not run scripts or allow for drive mappings... Nothing in documentation or Novell's site discussing these problems - and yes the VPN options has "RUN SCRIPTS" checked/marked. Does anyone have a remedy? Or do we need to start looking for a new solution not Novell's (this issue should be included with product documentation or web site (which it not), and we should not have to pay for it)? Anyone...

Drives Not Mapping and Loosing Drive mappings
We are having issues with the 4.9SP1a client where I can log in each moring and none of the drives will map. I relogin and then the drive maps. Then we also have issues where a user will come back from lunch and CTRL/ALT/DEL to unlock the screen saver and they loose all of their drive mappings. We are at NW6SP3 with post SP4 Server.EXE file, NSS3C patch, and a couple other patches that were tried to eliminate File Locking issues (MM.NLM, and NCPIP.NLM). The workstations are WiN2K SP4 and WINXP SP1 with Client 4.9SP1A, my XP laptop happens to have the nwgina patch applied also but...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

Web resources about - Novell Client - Windows 7 - No drives Mapping on reboot. - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

The Windows Blog

Window cleaner trapped on platform outside Canberra building
A window cleaner and a mechanic had to call the fire brigade for help when they became trapped on a raised platform.

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Steve Ballmer: Windows 10 Mobile needs Android apps
... the state of Microsoft’s progress in the cloud, making it hard to gauge its success. Lately Microsoft has been pushing its vision of one Windows ...

U-pet, Pet Carriers With Bubble Window for Your Creature Companion
These backpacks let your animal see the world like a little astronaut. via U-pet Most animals are not okay with being carried around in a small ...

Windows tech support: Getting your PC to start
Your PC won't boot. Is the issue loose cables, bumped switches, dead parts? Use this guide to find and fix the problem.

IDC sees 10% decline in Windows Phone, notes slackening smartphone growth
... year the first time growth has slowed into the single digits, IDC said Thursday. Earlier IDC forecasts for 2015 had been higher, but a Windows ...

Bluestacks now runs multiple Android apps on Windows simultaneously
... come a long way since its original app player in 2011, which was notable for being one of the first methods for running Android apps on Windows. ...