Novell Client 2 SP2 (IR2) for Windows now available

Novell Client 2 SP2 (IR2) for Windows 7, Server, Server 2008, and Vista
is now available for download from
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=0dGuK8AhXzg~

New fixes included in the Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows (IR2):
1. Possible NCP connection leak for user after eDirectory server-side or
administrator password change. (Bug 752320)
2. After installing IR1, login script INCLUDE statements and external
programs may not run. (Bug 748170)
3. In very rare cases, the Microsoft credential provider may be
displayed in addition to Novell's. (Bug 746257)
4. Show Advanced Options can sometimes not show the correct login
profile contents. (Bug 745125)
5. Integration of Novell NMAS Identity Plug-In support with Novell
Client credential provider. (Bug 742938)
6. Accessing a NCP-based file beyond end of file may return 0 bytes
successfully instead of STATUS_END_OF_FILE. (Bug 742041)
7. Improve information provided when attempting to install older Novell
Client over existing newer client. (Bug 726739)
8. Login script execution sometimes does not occur for
non-Administrators Windows users. (Bug 714438)
9. Drives successfully mapped in login script sometimes never appear in
Windows Explorer. (Bug 677102)
10. Kernel-mode crash in NDS4.SYS may occur when Secondary IPAddress
resource moves to different cluster node. (Bug 667181)
11. Wrong login profile may be updated when first login is performed
using LOGINW32.EXE or red 'N' Novell Login. (Bug 504289)
12. Invalid login profile is created if user login profile name contains
a backslash character. (Bug 486387)
13. Accelerator key ALT+A is not working in the Update Agent tab of the
Novell Client Properties window. (Bug 434236)
14. Addition of Swedish language translation support to Novell Client
for Windows.

Technical Support Information:
NOTE: In some environments, a workstation running Novell Client 2 SP2
for Windows may crash without any apparent cause. The problem can be
resolved by disabling the File Caching feature. See TID 3532535 for more
information.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon

Is this download limited to selected users or paid subscribers? I see
"Authentication Required" "A username and password are being requested
by http://cdn.novell.com. The site says: "iChain"" Thank you.

--
trexbot2000
trexbot2000's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=125366

0
trexbot2000
3/24/2012 5:26:02 AM
Never mind. I finally figured out that I need to log in twice to
download. In the past I have only had to log in once for downloads.
Today, I thought the second user name and password prompt was for a
Novell employee, not my own user name and password. Doh.

--
trexbot2000
trexbot2000's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=125366
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453713

0
trexbot2000
3/24/2012 3:46:02 PM
Thanks, Simon!

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453713

0
leroyjjr
3/27/2012 6:46:02 PM
The website won't save login information anymore either. I have to login
twice every time I want to download something.

On 3/24/2012 11:46 AM, trexbot2000 wrote:

> Never mind. I finally figured out that I need to log in twice to
> download. In the past I have only had to log in once for downloads.
> Today, I thought the second user name and password prompt was for a
> Novell employee, not my own user name and password. Doh.

0
Buster
3/28/2012 11:19:10 AM
Buster wrote:

> The website won't save login information anymore either. I have to login
> twice every time I want to download something.
>
> On 3/24/2012 11:46 AM, trexbot2000 wrote:
>>
>> Never mind. I finally figured out that I need to log in twice to
>> download. In the past I have only had to log in once for downloads.
>> Today, I thought the second user name and password prompt was for a
>> Novell employee, not my own user name and password. Doh.

I agree it is borked.
0
Rick
3/28/2012 10:24:00 PM
I suggest you all hit the Feedback link on that page and lodge a
complaint on this. I've done that myself, and raised an internal ticket,
but it carries more weight coming from customers.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453713

0
ataubman

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for download
Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for download http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx -- Kayode Okeyode http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm kayodeok <news4kayode@btopenworld.com> wrote in news:Xns9509DC207C2EDnews4kayode@204.1.226.254: > Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for > download > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx Thanks very much, I'm downloading it now. I'd recommend a very recent backup of the system before installing it, I did install RC1, had some problems and found it wouldn't uninstall properly. I hope the uninstall problem is fixed in RC2 but it left a couple of problems that eventually resulted in me formatting the HD and re-installing XP. SP-2 RC1 was harder to get rid of than genital herpes! SO... Complete backup, download, install. My fingers are crossed and I hope there's some improvements in this one.... "kayodeok" <news4kayode@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns9509DC207C2EDnews4kayode@204.1.226.254... > Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for > download > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx I installed this on a XPHOME test boxen. This is an update for _security dummies_ I had to completely reconfig...

Windows XP SP2 Client 2.91 problems
We are currently having a major problem with all XP workstations with SP2. None of the workstations can log in to the Netware 6.5 network. Any workstation with SP1 or Win2K machines can log on without issue. All XP boxes have 4.91 sp1 client. We are installing SP2 for client 4.91 to see if it corrects issues. Any help would be most appreciated Does it help if you place the server's IP address in the server field at the logon screen? How are you trying to find/resolve the servers? SLP? If so post the results of "SLPINFO /ALL" from both SP1 and SP2 boxes. slw...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Configuring an Windows XP client with a Netware 4.2 server
I am somewhat new to Novell. I have to set up an employee's new computer and configure it to have access to our Novell server. The new computer is running Win XP Pro. The only client version we have is for win 95/98. I need to know how to set everything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Download the Novell Client for XP from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Since you are working with a 4.x server -- I'd go with the 4.83 client: > Where can I download full 4.83SP...

iPrint Client for Windows XP/Vista/7 5.60 now available
iPrint Client for Windows XP/Vista/7 5.60 is now available for download from 'NOVELL: Downloads - iPrint Client for Windows XP/Vista/Win 7 5.60' (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=cH16hlOe5bU~) Fixes introduced in the 5.60 Client 1. TID 7007782 - Universal Printer Driver takes over 4 minutes to install 2. TID 7008220 Unable to view print jobs from the Windows 7 Printers and Devices panel 3. Client install to non-English Win7 platforms crashes the spooler, showing a failed installed. (Bugs 663841 and 681632) 4. Initial printer status shows error state with non-En...

Client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2
Remote Management Service doesn't startup after reboot or restart! Operationssystem Windows XP with SP2! Clientversion 4.9 SP2! What is the reason and what can i do?????? Thomas, Verify stopping and/or setting Windows Firewall/ICS service to manual works around the issue. Earlier this month someone mentioned that "The work around was to add zenrem32.exe to the list of exceptions." As that exe is not a ZFD 3.x file I can find, you may want to try making an exception in the Windows Firewall control panel applet for "wuser32.exe". Technically ZENworks...

I am having some odd problems with this combination. Most of our client machines are W98 and the login script seems to work just fine. The new Windows XP Pro computer I am trying to add to the network doesn't seem to behave the same as my W2K Pro computers using the same Novell Client. Login times and NetWare rescource access times were very long so I removed the IP support from the Novell Client, specified the 802.3 frame used by the 4.11 server and specified its actual network number in the NWLink protocol settings. That helped one login user: everything worked nicely, login time was acceptable and netware resources were quickly accessed. On the other hand, when I logged in, the search drives and SET commands all failed. Furthermore, any other users that tried to login were not able to find the Windows Domain and couldn't login at all. I erased the hard drive and did a clean install. The question is what is the correct client to use? What should the settings be? and should I expect a performance degradation compared to W2K? Fred Todd Network Administrator The Audio Partners Inc All sounds about right, except no need to specify the IPX Network #. This can be right. Performance should be somewhat comprable to W2K. You may want to make sure all users are local admins. This may correct some of your issues. Default XP security is slightly tighter than deault XP security and this may explain some issues. fred-t@audioedit...

Client 4.9 sp2 and Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows XP
I have several Windows 2000 computers with Novell Client 4.9 sp2 and I need to upgrade them Windows XP. I ran the upgrade on one PC and during the "Installing Network" portion of the upgrade I was asked to load several programs or files from the Novell CD. I know all these files are already on the computer. Is there a way to not have to manually tell the install to look for all these files? We have always uninstalled the novell client prior to doing a windows os upgrade. we either copy the setup files onto the c: partition or after the upgrade use the windows clie...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

Explorer crashes with client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2.
Hi, I've rolled out about 70 desktops/laptops which are running client 4.9 SP2 on windows XP with SP2 installed, they have been rolled out using imagecast so they should all be the same. However after a while we are starting to experience explorer crashes, most of the time while working in lotus notes 6 but this has started to happen outside of notes occasionally. It appears to only happen when a file dialog or similar is brought up which is when it's listing the netware mapped drives so it would appear that this is the issue. has anyone else experienced this and...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 / Windows XP x64 SP2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsserver/sp2.mspx What's New in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=62452 On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:33:05 +0300, Mike Meyer <x@x.com> wrote: > What's New in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Any news about winXP-SP3? Tony. -- Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived. Anthony OZ wrote: > Any news about winXP-SP3? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx "SP3 for Windows XP is currently planned for 1H CY2008. This d...

RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack 2.2.3
This pack is designed to bring a Windows XP CD with SP2 integrated fully up to date with all of the latest hotfixes released by Microsoft since SP2's release. It accomplishes this task via direct integration, where files on the CD are directly overwritten by the updated files. This method has numerous advantages over other integration techniques: - Since the files are being directly overwritten on the CD, there is no period of vulnerability between when the files are copied to the hard drive and the hotfixes are run. This guarantees maximum stability and security. - All nec...

Now Available: Internet Explorer 8 MUI packs for Windows XP, Windows Server 03
We are pleased to announce the availability of Internet Explorer 8 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs for Windows XP SP2, Windows XP SP3, and Windows Server 2003 SP2. The MUI packs can be downloaded from here : http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/05/14/now-available-internet-explorer-8-mui-packs-for-windows-xp-windows-server-03.aspx -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

RyanVM Update Pack 2.2.1 for Windows XP SP2, and Integrator 1.5.1
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5967 http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack-sp2.html http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com/index.php?download > At long last, the wait is over! A special thanks goes out to all of you who stuck around after all this time and who tested the beta packs leading up to this release. I firmly believe that this is one of the best packs I've ever put out. And to those of you who thought this day would never come, bite me. > > For those of you who downloaded version 2.2.1 RC1, see the notes below. > > What's New > Version ...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

Netware/IP Client for Windows XP
Hello I have currently been given the task of making our Novell Netware 4.11 Server communicate over IP. I have read about the use of Netware/IP to encapsulate the IPX packets in an IP packet so that this form of communication can occur, and I have also read about the downfalls of it, and a move to a more recent server would be the ideal solution, but that isn't going to happen and I need to get this to work. Am I right in thinking that you need to set up the Netware Client on the PC's to connect to the Netware/IP server? Is this possible using the Client for XP. ...

NetWare 4.2 to Windows XP
I have a NetWare 4.2 server and a Widows XP Professional Service Pack 2 server and I am trying to figure out a way to get these two servers to communicate with eachother without installing NetWare on the Windows XP server. I found the NetWare 4.2 manual in the documentation archive on Novell's website and I've looked through it a bit and haven't found anything. I searched other postings on this group and one other and didn't have much luck there either. I'm trying to do this because I want to move files from the NetWare machine to the Windows XP machine. If anyon...

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...

Windows XP and NetWare Client Interoperability
We have several WinXP boxes with the most current service pack as well as the most current security updates from MS that had issues functioning with any version of client above 4.83sp1e. The solution for that issue was to install the 4.83sp1e client. However, now many of the boxes we fixed already as well as some additional ones aren't responding to this fix. The login scripts run perfectly and it appears that everything is fine, but when you try to access any of the mapped drives that point to NetWare volumes, explorer.exe locks up and you have to shutdown before the compu...

Client Services for Netware not available.... #2
I'm wanting to install "Client Services for Netware" but the when I choose install clients the Netware client isn't listed (non are listed). I thought maybe it was already installed so I looked in my network's connection proporties and I have "Gateway (and client) Services for Netware", with NWLink NetBIOS and NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS compatible Transport Potocol listed. Is "Gateway (and client) Services for Netware" the equivelent to "Client Services for Netware"? I'm running Win 2000 Server SP4 Any help would be appreciated...

Mozilla and windows xp sp2 #2
Anyone noticed MS update pages don't load under mozilla. Genius. Right then, no more updates. Apologies in advance for when my computer becomes a spam zombie. spasmous wrote: > Anyone noticed MS update pages don't load under mozilla. Genius. Right > then, no more updates. Apologies in advance for when my computer > becomes a spam zombie. You can always change operating systems... -jace (On 9/16/2004 6:11 PM) a troll wrote: > Anyone noticed MS update pages don't load under mozilla. Genius. Right > then, no more updates. Apologies in advance for when my ...

Windows XP x64 Netware client?
Any word on this yet? I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... > > Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > John, So did you see this post by Hamish ? > From what I've seen its because the API's and interface keep changing > right up until the release date. A beta client that works with beta 1 of > the OS won't work with Beta 2, a beta 2 client won't work with the First > Releae Candidate .... until the target stops moving, Novell will restrict > testing to internal processes. Once the target stands still, a client will > be released asap, then patches will come out to correct the changes that > were missed. > > Vista apparently doesn't include a Netware client - one only presumes that > they couldn't keep up with the changes internally. > > > -- > Hamish Speirs >> Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! >> Sorry, I mixed up XP and Vista. Peter I was recently asked by Novell if my clients would prefer a client for XP64 or Vista. At least this shows there is interest in building one. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop "I have the body of a god, unfortunately it's Buddah" - T-shirt quote Timothy Leerhoff wrote: > I was recently asked by Nove...

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

Web resources about - Novell Client 2 SP2 (IR2) for Windows now available - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Hillary Supporters Rush to Paint Bernie as 2016’s Rick Lazio
Hillary acted more like Trump than Bernie, Lazio

Apple Seeds Sixth OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan Beta to Developers and Public Beta Testers
Apple today seeded the sixth beta of an upcoming OS X 10.11.4 update to developers and public beta testers for testing purposes, less than a ...

Apple loses case on its e-book selling tactics
Apple Inc., the giant technology firm famous for its hand-held electronic devices, on Monday wound up as the loser in the Supreme Court in becoming ...

South Korea, US begin exercises as North Korea threatens attack
Reuters South Korea, US begin exercises as North Korea threatens attack Reuters SEOUL South Korean and U.S. troops began large-scale military ...

Ray Tomlinson (1941-2016), Inventor of Email and Implementer of the Universal @ Sign Protocol
Ray Tomlinson , the brilliant developer who created the first iteration of email and implemented the @ sign as a universal protocol, passed away ...

Rick’s darkest plan yet came to fruition in last night’s ‘Walking Dead’
The Walking Dead ’s episode 12 is probably one of the best of the series so far. Just like previous parts in season 6, Not Tomorrow Yet has us ...

2 dead, 2 injured in shooting at business in western Sydney
Beatrice Daily Sun 2 dead, 2 injured in shooting at business in western Sydney Beatrice Daily Sun A tactical police officer stands near a ...

Apple shares details & photos of Campus 2 ‘Theatre’ where it will hold future product launches
Apple today shared new photos from within the currently under construction Campus 2 (via Mashable ), as well as previously unknown details about ...

Turkey seeks extra three billion euros in EU migrant deal: Schulz
Turkey is seeking an extra three billion euros in aid under a deal with the EU to curb the flow of migrants to the continent, European Parliament ...

The Downton Abbey Finale’s Most Heart-Warming Send Off Goes To This Character
Caution: Spoilers of Downton Abbey’s series finale, which aired Sunday night, follow. Downton Abbey ended for American audiences Sunday night ...