Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows (IR2a) has been released

(http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=sIp-KrTIjjA~)
Document ID:  5138631
Security Alert:  No
Distribution Type:  Public
Entitlement Required:  No

Abstract:  This is an interim release of the Novell Client 2 SP2 for
Windows. It includes fixes for problems found after the Novell Client 2
SP2 for Windows was released. This is a full client package, not just a
subset of files.

The Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows (IR2a) contains a fix which is
important for the Novell Identity Assurance Solution (IAS) Client 3.0.8
release.  The Novell Client "Single Sign-On" functionality introduced in
Novell Client 2 SP2, as well as the IAS-specific "Use NMAS for Windows
Logon" functionality, could potentially encounter a crash on the Windows
LogonUI.exe process when either of these features were in use.

For customers who have not set "Enable Single Sign-On" to "On" in the
Novell Client Properties, and customers who are not using the
IAS-specific "Use NMAS for Windows Logon" functionality, the Novell
Client 2 SP2 (IR2a) release provides no fixes or benefits beyond what
the Novell Client 2 SP2 (IR2) release in March 2012 already provided.
All customers are welcome to use the Novell Client 2 SP2 (IR2a) release
if desired, and there are no IAS-dependent requirements for using IR2a.

Files:  Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows IR2a.exe 36.4 MB

Products:
Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows Server 2008
Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows Server 2008 R2
Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows Vista
Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows 7

Superceded Patches:  Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows (IR2)

--
probello

probello

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

Windows XP SP2 Client 2.91 problems
We are currently having a major problem with all XP workstations with SP2. None of the workstations can log in to the Netware 6.5 network. Any workstation with SP1 or Win2K machines can log on without issue. All XP boxes have 4.91 sp1 client. We are installing SP2 for client 4.91 to see if it corrects issues. Any help would be most appreciated Does it help if you place the server's IP address in the server field at the logon screen? How are you trying to find/resolve the servers? SLP? If so post the results of "SLPINFO /ALL" from both SP1 and SP2 boxes. slw...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Configuring an Windows XP client with a Netware 4.2 server
I am somewhat new to Novell. I have to set up an employee's new computer and configure it to have access to our Novell server. The new computer is running Win XP Pro. The only client version we have is for win 95/98. I need to know how to set everything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Download the Novell Client for XP from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Since you are working with a 4.x server -- I'd go with the 4.83 client: > Where can I download full 4.83SP...

Client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2
Remote Management Service doesn't startup after reboot or restart! Operationssystem Windows XP with SP2! Clientversion 4.9 SP2! What is the reason and what can i do?????? Thomas, Verify stopping and/or setting Windows Firewall/ICS service to manual works around the issue. Earlier this month someone mentioned that "The work around was to add zenrem32.exe to the list of exceptions." As that exe is not a ZFD 3.x file I can find, you may want to try making an exception in the Windows Firewall control panel applet for "wuser32.exe". Technically ZENworks...

Microsoft Releases Windows XP SP2 Release Candidate 1
Microsoft made good on a promise earlier this week to broaden its Windows XP SP2 beta testing and put security features into more hands with the release of Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate. The release candidate of Windows XP SP2 offers several new features not offered in the first beta that shipped in December, including the Windows Security Center accessible from the Windows Control Panel, the Pop-up Blocker on by default and for consumers, the Windows Update V5 Release Candidate 1. The Security Center, one of several Windows XP RC1 features demonstrated by Microsoft...

Client 4.9 sp2 and Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows XP
I have several Windows 2000 computers with Novell Client 4.9 sp2 and I need to upgrade them Windows XP. I ran the upgrade on one PC and during the "Installing Network" portion of the upgrade I was asked to load several programs or files from the Novell CD. I know all these files are already on the computer. Is there a way to not have to manually tell the install to look for all these files? We have always uninstalled the novell client prior to doing a windows os upgrade. we either copy the setup files onto the c: partition or after the upgrade use the windows clie...

Explorer crashes with client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2.
Hi, I've rolled out about 70 desktops/laptops which are running client 4.9 SP2 on windows XP with SP2 installed, they have been rolled out using imagecast so they should all be the same. However after a while we are starting to experience explorer crashes, most of the time while working in lotus notes 6 but this has started to happen outside of notes occasionally. It appears to only happen when a file dialog or similar is brought up which is when it's listing the netware mapped drives so it would appear that this is the issue. has anyone else experienced this and...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

A review of Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2(Release Candidate 2)
A review of Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2(Release Candidate 2) http://www.explosivelabs.com/reviews/windows_xp_sp2_rc2/ -- Kayode Okeyode http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm ...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 / Windows XP x64 SP2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsserver/sp2.mspx What's New in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=62452 On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:33:05 +0300, Mike Meyer <x@x.com> wrote: > What's New in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Any news about winXP-SP3? Tony. -- Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived. Anthony OZ wrote: > Any news about winXP-SP3? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx "SP3 for Windows XP is currently planned for 1H CY2008. This d...

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate 2 via Windows Update
Brief Description Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate 2 is available to the public. Specific registry settings will allow you to be offered SP3 via Windows Update. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=114f3599-12af-42b2-aab1-b969a62c68a7&DisplayLang=en -- {Einstein}-"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." ...

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for download
Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for download http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx -- Kayode Okeyode http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm kayodeok <news4kayode@btopenworld.com> wrote in news:Xns9509DC207C2EDnews4kayode@204.1.226.254: > Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for > download > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx Thanks very much, I'm downloading it now. I'd reco...

Web resources about - Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows (IR2a) has been released - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Lists of films released by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent Horror Movie To Be Released Via Facebook Game?
There are movies , and there are Facebook games , and there are even Facebook games based on movies . And now, thanks to Cardiff, U.K.-based ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

How is the Facebook Redesign Affecting Social Games? October Gaming Charts Released
... attention now to social games. How has the Facebook redesign affected the top game developers on Facebook? Inside Social Games has just released ...

faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search ...
faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search #algorithm

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

HTC ONE M8 Hands On Review Not Released Yet:FULL - YouTube
re-uploaded because the original was taken down by a noob reviewer. ENJOY Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NiallDeBarra

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Glee star Mark Salling released on $US20,000 bail after being arrested for child porn
... star allegedly had thousands of images of under-age children in sexual scenes Mark Salling, who plays the "bad boy" in Glee , has been released ...

Universities snap up brightest WA students before exam results are released
MOST Year 12 students will spend the next few hours sweating over their exam results, but this trio has good reason to be relaxed.