no last logged in user after workstation only login

Due to our work environment we have the last logged in user displayed on
workstation startup.  This has worked with no problems in the Novell
Client 2 sp2 but we are trying to upgrade to sp2 IR1 and have come
across a problem.  The last logged on user field populates just fine if
you are just doing novell logins but after a workstation only login the
user field is blank on the next startup.  All of the settings are the
same as they were in the previous version.  Why won't the last logged in
user name show up after a workstation only login?? We have it set to
always default to the novell login.

--
Andi_Johnson

Andi

Andi,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0
Automatic

Last workstation a user logs into
Is there a way to find out the last workstation a user logged into? Thanks Tom -- urbast ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Urbast, > Is there a way to find out the last workstation a user logged into? > Thanks > Tom Zenworks tracks that info if you have it. - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell has a new enhancement request system, or what is now known as the requirement portal. If customers would like to give input in the upcoming releases of Novell products then they should go t...

login script provided--User cannnot login as local user the script fails but can login as local admin on xp pc
> Hi all > the error is as follows > novell client scripts has encountered a problem > and needs to close > the exception unknow s/w exception 0xc06d007e > occured in the application at location ox77e738b2 > I have never seen this before and i have tried reinstalling the cleint > but it didnt work. This occurs when the user ins logged into a xp pro pc > as a user though it doesnt occur when logged in as a local admin on the > box. this is only happening on one box. > Login script is below > MAP ERROR OFF BREAK OFF if member of ".every...

Login Control logs user in, but User is not authenticated, but user really is!
I am using aspnetmembershipprovider.  Everything works fine.  I slap a login control on my login page and am able to login and get to my secure folder etc.  When I try and put some code in the LoggedIn method "User.Identity.IsAuthenticated" = false, yet if I blow through that, I am logged, authenicated etc.  The documentation says that the LoggedIn event is "after the user is authenticated".  Any Ideas what is up?Thanks,TPS------------------------------------------------------Note Collaboration for your next confernce call.http://www.ConferenceCallNotes.com I am...

Netware login different users to XP Pro Wkstn
Just for those also searching for the right solution that worked for me... Thought I would pass on what I found. I have some XP Pro stations that will be used by possibly anyone from our Netware 6 system and wanted different profiles for each user and also wanted it to automatically login to their specific XP Profile immediately after logging into Novell. It seems like it should be an easy task to sync or pass on the logon names and passwords to the Windows logon process, but I couldn't figure it out on my own. The problem was that every time a user logs into Novell, it wan...

NDS last login being updated when user logs into WebAccess??
Running NW51SP8, eDir 8.7.3.7 and GW7.0.2 (the WebAccess is actually 7.0.2 on the agent and 6.5.6 on the application). I'm noticing for one user (and one user only AFAICT), that when they login to WebAccess from at home, that when you go into the users eDir account (as they come into the office too at times) and go to RESTRICTIONS - LOGIN RESTRICTIONS, that the "Last login" is showing the date/time that they logged into WebAccess...?? Is this possible? For all the other WebAccess users, again AFAICT their eDir Last Login is not affected by their WebAccess login...

Printer being deleted from an XP workstation when a particualr user logs in
NetWare Client 4.91 SP3 with NDPS updates NetWare Server 6.5.SP5 For some reason when a particualr user who is a member of the group which grants him access to the printer has a particular printer deleting whenever he logs in. Does anyoe have a clue about what might be wrong? I have tried recreating the printer checking to see if anything has the "delete this printer" option or "Only allow these printer to exist" options and nothing springs to mind. Does anyone know where I can find the NDPS Client logs to try and discover more? TIA Karim C Kr...

Creating a user to login with using the Login Control and the Ad provider... can't log user in after creation
  Hi I'm trying to create a user in AD from a web form, and then have the user be able to login to a web form with the login control and the Ad provider.   I have a user created by someone else in AD that can log in, but when I create the user using the code below they can't login.   Does anyone have any idea what I'm not doing to enable this user correctly, hes in the same ou and the same groups as the user that can login. the only difference i can see is the display name is not set and the AdminCount has not been set yet...&n...

netware 6, XP workstation loses connection when switching users
Netware 6 server, 4.9 client on XP workstation. When someone logs out and a new user logs in to workstation, the connection is lost to the Netware 6 server. Other connections to other servers are kept. A reboot of the workstation brings back the connection. Any ideas? When someone logs out from a NW server, which happens automatically when they log off the PC, the user's licensed connection is indeed terminated, by design. Usually the PC would still have a not-logged-in connection to that server, but it doesn't matter if it doesn't, when the next user logs in it should ...

last logged on user left after restart, not log out
On my Windows 7 clients (Novell Client IR7) I'm seeing a puzzling event: In my client properties, I have Advanced Login>Last Logged On User turned "off" and the user field is indeed cleared if I log out. HOWEVER, the user field is NOT cleared if I restart or shutdown/startup the computer. In those cases, the last logged on user's name is waiting in the field when it appears after boot. It's like the step that clears the user field isn't happening when Windows is shutting down. I'm not well-versed enough in Windows 7 or the Novell Client on Window...

Automatically Login a user after Signup
Hi All,I am part of a team working on a 2.0 e-commerce booking engine. We are using the .Net Role Management and Membership features. We are using an SQL 2000 database to store and manage our users. My question is HOW can i programatically LOG in a user? The most common use for this would be to automatically log in a user after they sign up. For an online store this is essential. I can not seem to figure out how or if this is even possible. Am i missing something? It doesn't makes sense that a user who has just signed up would need to then login. Thanks for any and all comments,Rich http:/...

Workstaion user history and user logged in workstations not updating
We are having issues with ZFD 4 ir4 not registering on some systems, others will register in nds, but will not update the workstaion user history or register in the user logged in workstations. We need this to remote control the user. Have upgraded to 4.90 sp2 and ZFD401_ir4a Looking in the zwsreg.log on the workstation I have found that on initial login the USER DN is empty. If I right mouse click on the red N and login after windows is up then the USER DN is correct and the workstation user history and user logged in workstations is propagated. "Joel" <Joelrsw@...

Login control authenticates user and redirects, but does not log user in
I am trying our the "SQLite 3.0 Membership and Role Provider for ASP.NET 2.0" found here: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20051119.asp since I do not have access to a SQL server. However I have run into a problem where the login control authenticates the user, then redirects to the redirect page, but ASP.NET detects the user as not logged in. One weird thing I noticed is that on the redirect page there is a check: if(Page.User.Identity!=null) this.Label1.Text = "Welcome," + Page.User.Identity.Name + "!"; The label control displays "Welcome, !" meaning the login c...

Windows workstation login box appears after Netware login
It was suggested that I repost this in the Zenworks tree. If this is the wrong branch, let me know! Our Netware 6.0 network runs 300 Windows 2000 workstations using Zen 4 and Netware Clients 4.90SP2 and 4.91 All usual users are 'dynamic local users' and have 'volatile logins'. The system does not work as it is supposed to: 1. User login names build up in 'Doc.s and Settings' and in the Users part of Control panel in spite of being 'volatile'. 2. Seemingly randomly, workstations present the windows workstation login box after users successfully l...

How to shield login script information when user login netware ?
How to shield login script information when user login netware from Novell DOS client? Steven, > How to shield login script information when user login netware from Novell > DOS client? What do you mean by shield login script information ? -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) On 8/30/2005 Hamish wrote: > What do you mean by shield login script information ? Shield = conceal, hide ? -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Su...

Web resources about - no last logged in user after workstation only login - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Anthro workstation with World of Warcraft
That’s a Mac Pro and three Apple 27″ Displays, mounted to an Anthro Elevate Adjusta with a Monitors in Motion Boa monitor arm. Yes, running World ...

Citrix WinFrame 1.8 upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 Workstation - YouTube
This is my recording of doing an in place upgrade of the elusive Citrix WinFrame 1.8 version of Windows NT 3.51. I was able to do an in place ...

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Fusion-IO Brings Flash Madness To Workstations, And Movies Like 'Hugo'
... the founding member of the AllThingsD Flash Madness Club , last summer’s hot IPO , said today it is bringing its flash technology to workstations. ...