New Windows XP Client / Old 5 user Netware 4.1

New Windows XP client connects and logs into old 5 user netware 4.1 server
using Microsoft Network but refuses to find or log into same server using
Novell Netware program. Why????????????

Will it be necessary to upgrade to server to accomodate the new client, or
is there a patch, etc. that will allow this connection??  How is Microsoft
able to make this connection without upgrading the server, etc????

When I purchased Novell 4.1, it was with the understanding that new
clients will be able to connect. Is seems grossly unfair to require
additional cost for new product now that a new client is needed.

Is there a fast and simple, low cost solution to this problem?
0
CWhite2

CWhite2,

> New Windows XP client connects and logs into old 5 user netware 4.1 server
> using Microsoft Network but refuses to find or log into same server using
> Novell Netware program. Why????????????

What client are you using? With 4.1 I'd go with the 4.83 SP2 client; and
make sure you do a custom install, IPX only.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
1/11/2006 12:56:45 PM
> New Windows XP client connects and logs into old 5 user netware 4.1
server
> using Microsoft Network but refuses to find or log into same server
using
> Novell Netware program. Why????????????
>
> Will it be necessary to upgrade to server to accomodate the new client,
or
> is there a patch, etc. that will allow this connection??  How is
Microsoft
> able to make this connection without upgrading the server, etc????
>
> When I purchased Novell 4.1, it was with the understanding that new
> clients will be able to connect. Is seems grossly unfair to require
> additional cost for new product now that a new client is needed.
>
> Is there a fast and simple, low cost solution to this problem?

0
CWhite2

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Zen 4 & windows xp using netware 5.1
is restricting users desktops and settings work well with windows xp pc's and Zen. (similiar to windows group policies) have just bought in 100 xp pc's and want the workstations rectricted centrally. thankyou PM > windows group policies Group Policies are what ZfD4 uses to restrict a Win2k and XP PC. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Sysop paul.matchett@hotmail.com, > is restricting users desktops and settings work well with windows xp pc's > and Zen. (similiar to windows group policies) Just a...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Netware 4.1 and XP Client
Hello folks, I recently fired up an old (1997) Proliant server running Netware 4.1. Amazingly, all drives booted just fine after the drives were reseated. I can get onto this beast just fine from DOS, but I'm having a tough time with the XP client. I downloaded the 4.83 client, as this seemed to be the general recommendation. I can't get this client to see the server or the tree. I can't remember what the tree is supposed to be, anyway. I've made sure at this point that both IP and IPX are loaded and tweaked the IPX so NLSP is also running. The workstation can pi...

Netware Client 4.83SP1 & 4.90SP1 Causes Blue Screens In Windows XP
We have a number of HP Compaq d530 desktop systems running Windows XP SP1 Professional. With virtually any image I can find or make for these models, I get a blue screen of death after installing the Netware client (both 4.83SP1 & 4.90SP1). In either case, the client is installed (including the remote control utility for Zenworks) and the machine reboots after the installation has completed. When the machine comes back up everything seems fine...until you log in. At that point, the machine will give a blue screen of death. All of these systems have Intel Extreme grap...

NetWare 5 client on Windows XP machine??
Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows XP box? Thanks! Larry On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:27:27 GMT, larry@sigmawebstudios.com wrote: >Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows >XP box? The most recent Novell client for Windows XP (and the whole NT family) is 4.90 with SP2. Go to http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp and select Novell Client as the product and Windows XP as the platform. If you have only NW 5.x servers, however, you may find 4.83 with SP3 easier to install. Unfortunately, I can...

Windows 95 netware client 3.4 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run Windows 95 with the Netware 3.4 client and still have access to the Netware 6.5 server? Thanks You should, best to ask in the netware.client.win9x forum. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) I'm doing it right now, as we speak ;-) have not found any problems with it, accessing 6.5, or other versions of NW. "John" <john@edd.com> wrote in message news:4IbFd.21509$Ei5.20047@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Can I run Windows 95 with the Netware 3.4 client and still have access to > the Net...

Remove Netware Client 4.9 on Windows XP
I use a unattend.txt to do the install. Then I edit that file and add the DoRemove=YES and it looks like it works. But at the end I get a error saying: "The installation was not completed successfully". But if I reboot then it looks like everything is gone. I need some way of removing the client from about 800 workstations, and I would like some way of scripting it. I did a search on CoolSolutions and the knowledgebase and did not really come up with anything that helped. Thanks, Greg Marcom marcom@purdue.edu Technical Support Administrator Purdue University ...

Netware client 4.6 4.7 and 4.8 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware 6.5? As I'll be doing an upgrade and don't want to go around the workstations twice to configure them. Thanks > Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware > 6.5? You can run them but not sure without issues since some of those clients were not tested against NetWare6.5 -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) John, They *should* run okay, but there will have been no testing done with 4.6 or 4.7, and ...

Configuring an Windows XP client with a Netware 4.2 server
I am somewhat new to Novell. I have to set up an employee's new computer and configure it to have access to our Novell server. The new computer is running Win XP Pro. The only client version we have is for win 95/98. I need to know how to set everything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Download the Novell Client for XP from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Since you are working with a 4.x server -- I'd go with the 4.83 client: > Where can I download full 4.83SP...

Web resources about - New Windows XP Client / Old 5 user Netware 4.1 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

The Windows Blog

Acer Announces Liquid Jade Primo, Flagship Windows 10 Mobile
Today, Acer is announcing the Liquid Jade Primo smartphone. This device is supposed to be their flagship smartphone running Windows 10 Mobile. ...

Windows 10 now on more than 200 million devices, and people are using the Store
Windows 10 is now in use on more than 200 million active device after about five months on the market, according to figures released by Microsoft ...

Acer Aspire Switch 12 S is a premium Skylake-powered 2-in-1 Windows 10 laptop
... bad thing it gives consumers a choice as to how they spend their money. Today, however, Acer announces a premium Skylake Core M-powered Windows ...

As PCs continue to decline, Microsoft looks to the cloud, pushes Windows 10
Six months after Microsoft released its first-ever free operating system, Windows 10 is now running on more than 200 million devices monthly. ...

Windows 10 could soon be coming to your work computer, which is good news for Microsoft
Microsoft is already convinced that Windows 10 is a big hit , but the true test of that will be if it can convince its most important customers ...

The New 3DS can run Windows 95
Have you ever wanted to Windows 95 on your New 3DS? Me neither, but now we know we can. YouTuber LarBob Doomer has released a video showing ...

Windows 10 has already been installed on 200 million devices
Making Windows 10 a free upgrade for the majority of users out there appears to have worked like a charm for Microsoft. The company announced ...