netware login after windows login?

Hi all,

I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into
windows. I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving
the windows session (win2K, XP).

Is that possible?

Do I need special tools in order to do that or is it sufficient to
install novell client software?

Is it possible not only to login but also to run the novell login
script?

Thanks a lot in advance

Stefan
0
oetzl

Stefan,

> I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into
> windows.

In regedit.exe goto:

HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Change GinaDLL from NWGina.dll to MSGina.dll

> I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving
> the windows session (win2K, XP).

 From the Red N in the System Tray - Right Click it, Goto NetWare
Connections, Highlight the tree, click Disconnect.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
7/7/2004 11:31:30 AM
Hamish,

OK, I am able to login in Windows first, but what I wanted is:

1. create an icon the desktop. When the user double clicks the icon novell
logon comes up and user is able to login

2. create a second icon on the desktop. When the user double clicks it, he
is logged out from novell.

Stefan

"Hamish" <hamish@haitch.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Stefan,
>
> > I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into
> > windows.
>
> In regedit.exe goto:
>
> HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
>
> Change GinaDLL from NWGina.dll to MSGina.dll
>
> > I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving
> > the windows session (win2K, XP).
>
>  From the Red N in the System Tray - Right Click it, Goto NetWare
> Connections, Highlight the tree, click Disconnect.
>

> --
> Hamish Speirs
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
>
> http://haitch.net
>
> (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
> probably be ignored)

0
Stefan
7/7/2004 1:01:44 PM
Stefan,

> 1. create an icon the desktop. When the user double clicks the icon novell
> logon comes up and user is able to login

For the login you can create a shortcut to
"%SystemRoot%\system32\loginw32.exe"

> 2. create a second icon on the desktop. When the user double clicks it, he
> is logged out from novell.

There's no real way to do a logout. You could do a shortcut to
\\<server>\sys\public\logout.exe, but its less than ideal.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
7/7/2004 10:46:27 PM
Hamish,

thank you very mutch for you help so far. Now the login process is clear to
me. Just a few question to the logout process:

Why shouldn't I use logout.exe? Whats wrong with that?

When I login into novell as a different user will that be an alternative?
Will that clear the previous connection?

> Stefan,
>
> > 1. create an icon the desktop. When the user double clicks the icon
novell
> > logon comes up and user is able to login
>
> For the login you can create a shortcut to
> "%SystemRoot%\system32\loginw32.exe"
>
> > 2. create a second icon on the desktop. When the user double clicks it,
he
> > is logged out from novell.
>
> There's no real way to do a logout. You could do a shortcut to
> \\<server>\sys\public\logout.exe, but its less than ideal.
>

> --
> Hamish Speirs
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
>
> http://haitch.net
>
> (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
> probably be ignored)

0
Stefan
7/8/2004 7:13:46 AM
Stefan,

> Why shouldn't I use logout.exe? Whats wrong with that?

Its a 16 bit DOS app, doesn't always play nicely with Windows. Generally
should be okay, but ...

> When I login into novell as a different user will that be an alternative?
> Will that clear the previous connection?

Yes.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
7/8/2004 10:05:05 PM
It doesn't always really log you out. It will unmap your drives and log you
out of most of the servers, but sometimes you'll stay logged to one. After
using it, sometimes you can still get to network drive space by using the
UNC path. Even with the map gone.

I use a batch file to invoke a local copy of logout.exe (with it's
accompanying files). I hijack a Netware icon from an exe somewhere to make
the batch icon look better. It works, but I'd like a better solution.

John

"Stefan Gabriel" <oetzl@koelliker.de> wrote in message
> Hamish,
>
> thank you very mutch for you help so far. Now the login process is clear
> me. Just a few question to the logout process:
>
> Why shouldn't I use logout.exe? Whats wrong with that?
>
> When I login into novell as a different user will that be an alternative?
> Will that clear the previous connection?
>
> Stefan
>
> "Hamish" <hamish@haitch.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Stefan,
> >
> > > 1. create an icon the desktop. When the user double clicks the icon
> novell
> > > logon comes up and user is able to login
> >
> > For the login you can create a shortcut to
> > "%SystemRoot%\system32\loginw32.exe"
> >
> > > 2. create a second icon on the desktop. When the user double clicks
it,
> he
> > > is logged out from novell.
> >
> > There's no real way to do a logout. You could do a shortcut to
> > \\<server>\sys\public\logout.exe, but its less than ideal.
> >

> > --
> > Hamish Speirs
> > Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
> >
> > http://haitch.net
> >
> > (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
> > probably be ignored)

0
John
7/9/2004 3:16:29 AM
Thank you guys for your help!

Your answers have been very usefull for me.

Stefan

"Stefan Gabriel" <oetzl@koelliker.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hamish,
>
> thank you very mutch for you help so far. Now the login process is clear
> me. Just a few question to the logout process:
>
> Why shouldn't I use logout.exe? Whats wrong with that?
>
> When I login into novell as a different user will that be an alternative?
> Will that clear the previous connection?
>
> Stefan
>
> "Hamish" <hamish@haitch.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Stefan,
> >
> > > 1. create an icon the desktop. When the user double clicks the icon
> novell
> > > logon comes up and user is able to login
> >
> > For the login you can create a shortcut to
> > "%SystemRoot%\system32\loginw32.exe"
> >
> > > 2. create a second icon on the desktop. When the user double clicks
it,
> he
> > > is logged out from novell.
> >
> > There's no real way to do a logout. You could do a shortcut to
> > \\<server>\sys\public\logout.exe, but its less than ideal.
> >

> > --
> > Hamish Speirs
> > Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
> >
> > http://haitch.net
> >
> > (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
> > probably be ignored)

0
Stefan

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Login loop: Windows 2000, Netware login
One of the workstations in our network started to act up in a way that when you log in, the system logs itself out almost immediately (the deskstop never shows). Booting up in safe mode and removing the client allows the Windows 2000 sign on and everything works. Reinstalling the latest client re-introduces the problem. Is there perhaps a clean un-install I should use? Thank you. The 4.91 client ?, try the latest nwgina patches Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave, thanks for the email. I will try that, ...

Netware login with Windows domain login problem
Hello, Our parent company is requiring us to authenticate to their Windows domain now and we are having an issue at one of our locations doing this. At on particular location if the users Novell and Domain password do not match, they will login through the Novell client then another window pops up asking them for their Windows password. At this point the machine will just hang trying to authenticate. It never times out nor logs them in. The machine has to be powered down and restarted. If we set the passwords the same everything is fine. If they login workstation only t...

Get Windows login prompt before NetWare Login
I know I have found this before. How do I get the Windows Login to come up before the novell client login or a link to the TID would be helpfull. Thanks Try this one: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086294.htm Don bbowers@lexington1.net wrote: > I know I have found this before. How do I get the Windows Login to come > up before the novell client login or a link to the TID would be helpfull. > > Thanks -- Donald A. Lohr Technical Services James Madison University ++ Bad command or file name ++ bbowers, In regedit change: ...

Windows workstation login box appears after Netware login
It was suggested that I repost this in the Zenworks tree. If this is the wrong branch, let me know! Our Netware 6.0 network runs 300 Windows 2000 workstations using Zen 4 and Netware Clients 4.90SP2 and 4.91 All usual users are 'dynamic local users' and have 'volatile logins'. The system does not work as it is supposed to: 1. User login names build up in 'Doc.s and Settings' and in the Users part of Control panel in spite of being 'volatile'. 2. Seemingly randomly, workstations present the windows workstation login box after users successfully l...

Windows workstation login box appears after Netware login
Our Netware 6.0 network runs 300 Windows 2000 workstations. All usual users are 'dynamic local users' and have 'volatile logins'. Teh system does not work as it is supposed to: 1. User login names build up in 'Doc.s and Settings' and in the Users part of Control panel in spite of being 'volatile'. 2. Seemingly randomly, workstations present the windows workstation login box after users successfully log in via Netware Client 4.90 and 4.91. This is sometimes overcome by the user logging in with an old password... 3. Sometimes, users find the works...

OS9 login to Netware 5 okay, OSX login to Netware 5 fails
--____DBOIMFUIYTYUEXTAEQAR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 Netware 5 (SP6) servers all configured the same and are running = Netware 5 Services for Appleshare v4.5. This just started happening a few days ago. It was working perfectly fine = before. I can't think of anything I might have done to this one particular= server to make it go "bad". I can login under OS X to 2 out of the 3. I can login under OS 9 to all of them. The one I can't login to: No matter what user login I use, I a...

Problem in login netware using Windows XP PC.
We have two netware 5.0 servers (Server A and B) with both IPX and IP, and set up Tree A and Tree B. Each Server has two NIC.(Assume they are NICA1, NICA1 for Server A, NICB1 and NICB2 for Server B. Server A and B use NICA1 and NICB1 to connect each other. I use a computer with Windows XP (Home Edition) with IPX installed and Novell Client 4.90 SP1a. The windows XP connect Server A via NICA2. The problem is the Windows XP can only log into Server A in Tree A. It cannot see Tree B. And since I use Novell server as Router between different segment of our LAN. Windows XP ca...

Synchronising Netware and Windows login, Outlook 2002 SP3 (XP Pro)
Hi all, We are using Novell Client 4.90 SP1 and I downloaded now 4.91. We're facing the following problem. Changing a registry key we managed to synchronize the NetWare and Windows username field. When launching the MS Outlook 2002 client the login fields (username, domain) where automatically filled in so the user had only to insert his password. Regkey: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System/DontDisplay LastUsername=0 However, 4.91 seems to behave differently. The username and domain field stay empty in Outlook. 4.91 SP1 does not solve this issue. ...

Cannot login to Netware 4.11 or 5.00, from a Windows XP SP2.
Downloaded, and installed the latest Netware Client. 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2'. We have quite a few Windows XP with SP2 installed PC's. But when using this client, am unable to login. The previous client we used was 4.83 SP1, which causes not problems when logging in. On the same PC's. With the 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2' client, we cannot even browse for the Netware Servers we are running, nor locate the correct context. Any ideas ? With the 4.11 servers (and probably with your 5.0 servers) the 4.83SP3 client would be my preference (some will note t...

Netware login and WinXP login boxes
I am upgrading from WIN 2K to WIN XP, using Netware Client v 4.9.1. When I startup the computer, I get the Novell login screen to enter user name/password, select ok to get a successfull login. Then, I get a windows workstation dialog box to enter user name/password. Passwords are out of sync. We have approx. 500 users, so I can't set everyone up with a user account in Windows. We don't have a dedicated domain server, so I'm not sure how to fix this problem. We are also using ConsoleOne 1.3.3 with Zen. I'm new to the Novell world, so I hope someone can he...

Netware login replaced by Microsoft login
Hi I am not sure that this is the right group, however as the login is affected here goes. System - winxp sp1 fully patched. Netware client 4.9sp1a. Zenworks 4.01, eTrust Antivirus v7, latest signature files. This morning, all machines started normally, however when machines were restarted, (not just logged off) they presented the Microsoft login, rather then the Novell one. This presented a rather large problem for our student population, as student accounts are created by Zenworks on login. The staff was still able to login on to the workstations (static accounts) and th...

Login to Netware on an XP machine
We have an XP machine with Windows XP SP1 installed, aswell Novell Client 4.90. Aswell as having the client installed on an XP machine you need to have a local XP account setup. This is not a very viable option as we run in a school and can not have over 1000 user accounts on every pc. After some research I have created just the 1 XP and have enabled AutoAdminLogon in the registry. The only problem now is that when the PC boots the Auto logon happens for the XP account and loads straight to the desktop with giving you the option to logon to the Netware system. The onl...

Web resources about - netware login after windows login? - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ