Netware client setup on Win XP Pro

Hello there, I've been refered to this newsgroup from another Novell one.

I'm trying to configure Novell Client 4.83 on a Wnidows XP machine
connecting to Novell 4.11

Basically I am trying to avoid having to setup every user as a local
account, and simply have the client login, skipping the login to local
account bit.

I have ben referred to

>1) Configure the PC to use "AutoAdminLogon" -
>http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10052847.htm
>(Each User uses the same local account)

and this seems to be the correct solution, I am trying the "Auto login to NT
and manual Login to NDS".

This works fine once, but then the 'key' registry setting for what I want to
do is

HKLM\SOFTWARE|Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AutoAdminLogon =
1

reverts to it's default setting 0 after a reboot. Any idea why that might
be? How can I solve this?

Many thanks

MRE

0
MRE

This is now sorted. For future reference, the solution offered in the Novell
TID will only work if the local administrator account is setup with a
non-blank password.

0
MRE
4/19/2004 10:57:23 AM
> This is now sorted.

Thanks for the post back.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client
I am posing this question to the discussion group. How can we through Novell 5.1 with a Win XP 4.9 client require a login with a user name and password rather than establishing a BIOS password. Thank you in advance. Also is there a specific location where I would be able to acces this information? Gary Hawk H-L School Bascom, Ohio Gary, Since the Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain you need to authenticate to a Windows account in addition to eDirectory(NDS). Its usually recommended to sync the account names and passwords between Wind...

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...

NetWare Client on Win 2k & XP
We are just starting to use 2K Pro & XP Pro on our desktops. We have a NT 4.0 domain across a WAN. You got your PDC at corporate and BDC's spread out across the company at each location. Also have member servers setup for Exchange 5.5. Each location also has NetWare servers. My location has two NetWare 5 servers (sp6a). It was my understanding in order for authentication to occur on a NT network using NT / 2k Pro / XP Pro computer accounts must be setup. The domain admin setup the account. I made sure the computer named matched the name he gave when setting up the computer...

Netware5/XP/Client Services for Netware setup
We are evaluating Windows XP Professional, with Novell Client 4.90 for NT/XP connecting to a Novell SBE5 network. We are receiving what seem to be access rights errors thrown up by our Visual Fox Pro database and so I wish to evaluate and test Microsoft's Client Services for Netware instead of the Netware Client4.90 to see if it solves these problems. Please could you tell me how I setup the MS Client Services for Netware. Particularly, what I need to setup on the workstation PC re: local XP user login account, Novell gateway, login scripts etc. What is the accep...

netware 3.21 with windows xp Pro as client
Is there a solution without buying the latest Novell netware to allow my new Windows XP pro client computer to see the Newtware 3.21 server's workgroup? I did run the windows xp pro's netware installation, but it does not see any of the file server's files - not good. Download v4.83 with SP2 from: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html install it with Bindery options and 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. Then apply SP3 patch from: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum ...

Remote Access with Win XP and Netware Client 4.9?
I have a few XP laptops I'm trying to get working for home and the office. The laptops are running Novell Netware Client 4.9, and I got them working in the office, no problem. They had to be configured for IP and IPX, and it was a cinch to get going. We use a Netware Server for Groupwise, and other hosted shared applications. I figured the same login and password would work remotely, but it doesn't. Is there anything I have to do special to get this working? I heard about Remote Access Service (RAS), but I can't find it. betaphiwoozy, VPN is usually the best app...

i cant loging in on windows XP pro after install NEtware Client
Hi; i just install Client for netware networks on windows XP pro, now, every time i try to log in, it ask me a username and a password, neither windows username and pasword works, nor a netware's user. Any idea? arturo_p_e@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi; > > i just install Client for netware networks on windows XP pro, now, every > time i try to log in, it ask me a username and a password, neither windows > username and pasword works, nor a netware's user. > > Any idea? Have you tried checking "workstation only" in the advanced tab and th...

netware 3.21 with windows xp Pro as client- additional information
Continuing from my previous post: I have saved a file in my down dirtory called W9x33e.exe dated 12/17/00. I believe this is for a client32 version 3.12 version 3.3. I believe that is my latest client version. I also have a setup.exe in my file server's Public Directory 6/30/97. I am not sure what to do. Please help. Answered above. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) kde@kdepc.com, > Continuing from my previous post: I have saved a file in my down dirtory > called W9x33e.exe dated 12/17/00. I believe this is for...

Win XP client for Netware 4.10 doesn't work
We have a small Netware 4.10 network. Since would like to connect Windows XP (SP1) PCs to that net, we have downloaded the latest 98/2000/XP client (49sp2e.exe zipped file) and installed on one PC. Installation seems to be succesfull, but the client doesn't connect to the server (Cant'find the server error). Did I miss doing something? There is any extra configuration to do? Has anyone experienced (and possibly solved) such a problem? Thansk in advance to any helper... Riccardo Make sure you install the Novell Client with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. Also, v4...

Netware Client 4.90 SP for Win XP with SP2 Sleep mode
I have gateway 200xl with 1 GB RAM running Windows XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.90 SP2 English on Windows NT/2000/XP (English) installed connected to the NW 5.1 on dell server. Problem: When screen saver kicks inn user can login into workstation but cant even find my server. Is it neware problem or hardware problem with network card? Can you guide me? Thanks Joe, Could be a name resolution issue. Is SLP setup to resolve NetWare names over IP? Any additional components of the Novell Client installed (ie. ZFD agents, NMAS, NetIdentity, etc.)? Is the Novell Client instal...

Client 4.83 Sp3 & Win XP Prof to Netware 4.10 Server
Hi Guys First time of posting, can anyone help me? We have a Netware 4.10 server (patched to latest) working fine with Win98 Pc's using Novell Client. All runs so fine you wouldn't believe it. Now trying to add some new workstation PC's, which have Win XP Professional SP2 on them. I'm using Novell Client 4.83 SP3 (seen that this is best to use from reading some of the posts for this type of configuration). We can get the machines to see the server fine, but we seem to have a couple of problems which I'd appreciate help/comments on. Periodically when logging...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

Web resources about - Netware client setup on Win XP Pro - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ