Netware Client Removal

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried removing the "workstation
only"
checkbox and then get into safe mode from there.  I want to set up
some
lab machines without Zenworks that do netware authentication.  The
problem
is the users are clicking on the workstation only checkbox and
bypassing
the authentication.  I don't have enough test boxes to test this right

now...  Anyone been successful with this or tried it?

0
ryand

> Just wondering if anyone has ever tried removing the "workstation
only"
> checkbox and then get into safe mode from there.  I want to set up
some
> lab machines without Zenworks that do netware authentication.  The
problem
> is the users are clicking on the workstation only checkbox and
bypassing
> the authentication.  I don't have enough test boxes to test this
right
> now...  Anyone been successful with this or tried it?

Not sure if this is what you want. I am using XP with Novell 4.83
client.
Open up the control panel|network connections and right click on the
appropriate connection to access properties. Select the client and
click
properties for the client. Click the advanced login tab. Should see a

section that says show on login. Take the check mark out of the
workstation only box and it should disappear from the login screen.

0
lloyd
11/6/2003 1:55:21 AM
After I remove this checkbox, how can I login to the workstation as an

Administrator if the default username for the system is only a
user-level
account?

Ryan

> > Just wondering if anyone has ever tried removing the "workstation

only"
> > checkbox and then get into safe mode from there.  I want to set up

some
> > lab machines without Zenworks that do netware authentication.  The

> problem
> > is the users are clicking on the workstation only checkbox and
bypassing
> > the authentication.  I don't have enough test boxes to test this
right
> > now...  Anyone been successful with this or tried it?
>

> Not sure if this is what you want. I am using XP with Novell 4.83
client.
> Open up the control panel|network connections and right click on the

> appropriate connection to access properties. Select the client and
click
> properties for the client. Click the advanced login tab. Should see
> section that says show on login. Take the check mark out of the
> workstation only box and it should disappear from the login screen.

0
ryand
11/6/2003 4:27:41 AM
How about the "Workstation Only Fallback" flag?...

Controlling "Workstation Only" functionality during login
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086294.htm

--
Tony Pedretti
TransUnion LLC

0
Tony
11/7/2003 12:01:32 AM
Do you still have the "Advanced" button on the login screen? If so,
click it and go to the Windows tab. You can set what Windows account
you
log in with there.

-Sean

ryand@yahoo.com wrote:
> After I remove this checkbox, how can I login to the workstation as
an
> Administrator if the default username for the system is only a
user-level
> account?
>
> Ryan
>

>>>Just wondering if anyone has ever tried removing the "workstation
>
> only"
>
>>>checkbox and then get into safe mode from there.  I want to set up

> some
>
>>>lab machines without Zenworks that do netware authentication.  The

>>problem
>>
>>>is the users are clicking on the workstation only checkbox and
>
> bypassing
>
>>>the authentication.  I don't have enough test boxes to test this
right
>>>now...  Anyone been successful with this or tried it?
>>

>>Not sure if this is what you want. I am using XP with Novell 4.83
>
> client.
>
>>Open up the control panel|network connections and right click on the

>>appropriate connection to access properties. Select the client and
click
>>properties for the client. Click the advanced login tab. Should see
>>section that says show on login. Take the check mark out of the
>>workstation only box and it should disappear from the login screen.

0
Sean

Remove Netware Client 4.9 on Windows XP
I use a unattend.txt to do the install. Then I edit that file and add the DoRemove=YES and it looks like it works. But at the end I get a error saying: "The installation was not completed successfully". But if I reboot then it looks like everything is gone. I need some way of removing the client from about 800 workstations, and I would like some way of scripting it. I did a search on CoolSolutions and the knowledgebase and did not really come up with anything that helped. Thanks, Greg Marcom marcom@purdue.edu Technical Support Administrator Purdue University ...

Removing Netware Client
I am hoping that someone here can help me. My wife and I bought a used pc from a local college. It is a Gateway pc that was running Win98. The college Groupwise and Netware Client on the machine. I installed XP on the machine and created user accounts etc. However, the machine only logs in using the Netware login screen. Luckily the guy who owned the pc did not use a password. When I try to change the user accounts in the XP control panel, I get the following error- CLient Services for Netware has disabled. . ., uninstall client services for netware. I tried to do ...

Microsoft Netware client with Netware 6.5?
Should the built in Netware Client in Windows XP still work with a Netware 6.5 system? I am trying to use it to connect a PC to our Netware server and just get network errors. I assume the Microsoft client uses IPX and I wasn't sure if Netware 6.5 still supports it? Thanks Andrew ajfarmer@purac.co.uk wrote: > Should the built in Netware Client in Windows XP still work with a > Netware 6.5 system? > I am trying to use it to connect a PC to our Netware server and just get > network errors. > I assume the Microsoft client uses IPX and I wasn't sure if N...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

XP Client and NetWare 5
Hi, all. Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? Thanks -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ The latest, version 4.91 with SP2. Try earlier versions only if you have specific issues with this one. There are also a few post-SP2 patches available you might try in case of any such issues. Gerald Reynolds Leonardo Bidi wrote: > > Hi, all. > Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and > NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? > > Thanks > ...

Removing IPX Netware 4.11 / Netware 6
Hi all, is there any way of removing IPX support from Netware 4.11? We are in the process of implementing a VPN and cannot have IPX traffic flowing across the WAN. Can the IPX traffic be encapsulated in an IP packet by the netware server? Thanks in advance, Ben Yes. you can use SCMD. -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com ...

Removing IPX support Netware 6,Netware 4.11
Hi all, Does anyone know a way of forcing Netware 4.11 to use IP instead of IPX as its preferred protocol? After removing IPX support from our netware 6 boxes, our netware 4.11 box can no longer communicate. I would have thought that it would attempt to use IP instead of IPX... I haven't had a lot of experience with netware 4.11 boxes. Thanks in advance, Ben. NW 4.11 can only use IPX for NCP communications. The only way to go what looks like IP only is to use Netware/IP or CMD, but both these are just ways of encapsulating IPX traffic in IP packets and they are no...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Manual removal of Client service for Netware
Tell me how to get this PoS thing off my system. I do not use any netware products or services and had to specifically create this username for the purpose of getting this removed from my system. Suddenly, my login screen doesn't have my pictures on it for logging in, and instead has an old style login screen. When I tried to bring it back to the welcome screen, it says I can't because this service is installed. I have already done a thruough search and there are no registry entries, no add/remove programs entries, and there is no folders named novell or netware existant on t...

Netware 4.1 and XP Client
Hello folks, I recently fired up an old (1997) Proliant server running Netware 4.1. Amazingly, all drives booted just fine after the drives were reseated. I can get onto this beast just fine from DOS, but I'm having a tough time with the XP client. I downloaded the 4.83 client, as this seemed to be the general recommendation. I can't get this client to see the server or the tree. I can't remember what the tree is supposed to be, anyway. I've made sure at this point that both IP and IPX are loaded and tweaked the IPX so NLSP is also running. The workstation can pi...

Windows XP x64 Netware client?
Any word on this yet? I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... > > Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > John, So did you see this post by Hamish ? > From what I've seen its because the API's and interface keep changing > right up until the release date. A beta client that works with beta 1 of > the OS won't work with Beta 2, a beta 2 client won't work with the First > Releae Candidate .....

Web resources about - Netware Client Removal - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ