Netware Client Login

I too am having problems with an XP Professional operating system loaded
on a workstation.  The Novell Client see that the workstation on on the
network and brongs the login screen to the desktop.  But when login is
attempted, the message "cannot find tree or server" appears.  Manual entry
of the proper path does no good.

What might be the problem and how has anyone else solved this problem?

0
drgrubbs

Setup DHCP to hand out the IP-Numbers of a server that holds Replica of
your Users, and setup the Client under DHCP Settings to use server with
binary data.

Quick check.....

Fill out ip-number in the servername under adv. login

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark
0
Tommy
10/5/2004 9:45:04 PM
drgrubbs,

A few more details please - what version of SP on XP? What version of
Client & SP? What version of NEtware? Connecting over IP/IPX/Both?

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
10/6/2004 12:35:55 AM
> I too am having problems with an XP Professional operating system loaded
> on a workstation.  The Novell Client see that the workstation on on the
> network and brongs the login screen to the desktop.  But when login is
> attempted, the message "cannot find tree or server" appears.  Manual
entry
> of the proper path does no good.
>
> What might be the problem and how has anyone else solved this problem?

I am having he same problem on my cluster.

Win XP Pro SP2
NW 6.5 SP2
Cluster Services 1.6
Client 4.9 SP2