netware client login #2

Please help with this.
When I launch the netware client shortcut, it automatically logs in as
"test user".  Is there a way to delete the last account to login under
netware. I'm using client 4.91 sp5

Thank you

--
strangeloop

strangeloop

Although an old TID, but concept still applies:

http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10050859&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=59032308&stateId=0%200%20105071944

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

Login to Netware on an XP machine #2
We have an XP machine with Windows XP SP1 installed, aswell Novell Client 4.90. Aswell as having the client installed on an XP machine you need to have a local XP account setup. This is not a very viable option as we run in a school and can not have over 1000 user accounts on every pc. After some research I have created just the 1 XP and have enabled AutoAdminLogon in the registry. The only problem now is that when the PC boots the Auto logon happens for the XP account and loads straight to the desktop with giving you the option to logon to the Netware system. The onl...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Configuring an Windows XP client with a Netware 4.2 server
I am somewhat new to Novell. I have to set up an employee's new computer and configure it to have access to our Novell server. The new computer is running Win XP Pro. The only client version we have is for win 95/98. I need to know how to set everything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Download the Novell Client for XP from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Since you are working with a 4.x server -- I'd go with the 4.83 client: > Where can I download full 4.83SP...

2-3 min before login prompt appears with Netware client installed
I'm having this recurring issue that pops up. It's only ever happened on hp laptops. (Fresh image built, not factory image). Most never have it but some develop it over time. All of a sudden it will take 2-3 minutes before the login prompt appears. Uninstall the client, problem goes away. Reinstall and it comes back. This has persisted through various versions of the client, right now XP SP2/client 4.91 SP3 with post SP3 updates. zen 6.5sp2ir1 is also installed. Not sure how to troubleshoot this as I can't do anything in windows before the login. Also th...

XP Prof & Eudora 5.2 & netware Client
Can someone confirm why it takes longer to open Eudora in XP then in WIN98.... Users mail are kept on the Netware servers... and a possible fix which will speed the startup procedure Old setup Win98 with Netware 3.40 client New setup XP Prof with Netware 4.83 Sp2 or 4.9 with Pack A Any ideas greatly appreciated. many thanks Faiz Faiz, There is a lot of over-head in XP. Have you tried doing any clean-up, disabling services, applying tweaks as posted thoroughout this forum, etc.? OEM image of XP or your own? IP, IPX or both? -- Tony Pedretti TransUni...

MS Client comes up before Netware client login
MS Client comes up before Netware client login. I try reinstalling client. Any ideals? Do any of these TIDs help? 10086499 10099762 -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop ...

disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client
I am posing this question to the discussion group. How can we through Novell 5.1 with a Win XP 4.9 client require a login with a user name and password rather than establishing a BIOS password. Thank you in advance. Also is there a specific location where I would be able to acces this information? Gary Hawk H-L School Bascom, Ohio Gary, Since the Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain you need to authenticate to a Windows account in addition to eDirectory(NDS). Its usually recommended to sync the account names and passwords between Wind...

OS9 login to Netware 5 okay, OSX login to Netware 5 fails
--____DBOIMFUIYTYUEXTAEQAR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 Netware 5 (SP6) servers all configured the same and are running = Netware 5 Services for Appleshare v4.5. This just started happening a few days ago. It was working perfectly fine = before. I can't think of anything I might have done to this one particular= server to make it go "bad". I can login under OS X to 2 out of the 3. I can login under OS 9 to all of them. The one I can't login to: No matter what user login I use, I a...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

ZCM login fails
I'm evaluating ZCM 10.3 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, one machine with XP SP3, Novell Client 4.91 SP5 and ZCM Client 10.3.0.27649 eDirectory as user source, the same username and password on windopws xp and eDir. Novell Client login is fine, but then I get ZCM login window with the same username. Entering the correct password brings me the message "Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect." I have reinstalled the Novell Client and tried a lot of things from TID 3273870 - no success - I just cannot logi...

netware login #2
How can you login to a netware server using a wireless laptop???? > How can you login to a netware server using a wireless laptop???? Is the network itself connected to a wireless router? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop easy if you have a wireless network. or a wireless card in the server (not that i would recommend _that_)... at some point you need to have a wireless/wired connection... -- Cheers! Richard Beels ~ Network Consultant ~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection ~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS Richard Bee...

Netware Client Login
I too am having problems with an XP Professional operating system loaded on a workstation. The Novell Client see that the workstation on on the network and brongs the login screen to the desktop. But when login is attempted, the message "cannot find tree or server" appears. Manual entry of the proper path does no good. What might be the problem and how has anyone else solved this problem? Setup DHCP to hand out the IP-Numbers of a server that holds Replica of your Users, and setup the Client under DHCP Settings to use server with binary data. Quick check......

Netware client not seeing new NW6 tree in login client
Hi everyone. I have a small tech lab, and had two NW servers running merely for training purposes. A 5.1 box and 6 box. Both ran fine and saw each other, etc.... I downed the 5.1 box and wiped the 6 box with a fresh install. All went well, created new NDS tree.....now on the client XP and 2KPRO, the netware client login app cannot find the new NDS tree on the freshly installed NW6 box, and the windows login fails too, all I can do is log in locally to the work station. What did I miss here? I checked the properties of the client app, wiped out any set preferences for the...

Web resources about - netware client login #2 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ