NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP

I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to
obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3).  Everything
works just fine.  "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the
correct SLP version, etc.  I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo
/all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers.  I then turned
off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works
again.  Anyone had similar experience?

I can post config/output if needed.

thanks!
mack
0
ragan_davis

Have seen that.  I put on the post sp2 slp patch and all's been well again.

jc

>>> <ragan_davis@colstate.edu> 01-Feb-05 16:39:36 >>>
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to
obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3).  Everything
works just fine.  "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the
correct SLP version, etc.  I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo
/all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers.  I then turned
off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works
again.  Anyone had similar experience?

I can post config/output if needed.

thanks!
mack

0
John
2/3/2005 8:44:55 PM
Found that we had some inconsistancies with our server setup...solved
these, but no real change on clients.  Will try post-sp2 patches (i'm
assuming you're referring to patches for the netware client, and not
patches to slp on server-side?)  Thanks for the help!

mack

> Have seen that.  I put on the post sp2 slp patch and all's been well
again.

> jc

> I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to
> obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3).
Everything
> works just fine.  "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives
the
> correct SLP version, etc.  I install SP2 for Windows XP, and
now "slpinfo
> /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers.  I then
turned
> off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works
> again.  Anyone had similar experience?
>
> I can post config/output if needed.
>
> thanks!
> mack

0
ragan_davis

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Netware Client 4.90 SP for Win XP with SP2 Sleep mode
I have gateway 200xl with 1 GB RAM running Windows XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.90 SP2 English on Windows NT/2000/XP (English) installed connected to the NW 5.1 on dell server. Problem: When screen saver kicks inn user can login into workstation but cant even find my server. Is it neware problem or hardware problem with network card? Can you guide me? Thanks Joe, Could be a name resolution issue. Is SLP setup to resolve NetWare names over IP? Any additional components of the Novell Client installed (ie. ZFD agents, NMAS, NetIdentity, etc.)? Is the Novell Client instal...

Client 4.90 sp2 and XP sp2
I have a few XP workstations with sp2 and the firewall set to "on". A few of my workstations are having problems with seeing the NDS tree. They will be able to login in but after a minute when windows loads everything - they are not able to access anything on the novell network. We can see the mapped drives but as soon as we click on it - it says it is not available. We try to login again and we will receive an error message that it cannot find the tree when we click on the context. This will happen intermittenly and can kick them off at any moment. It only happ...

Client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2
Remote Management Service doesn't startup after reboot or restart! Operationssystem Windows XP with SP2! Clientversion 4.9 SP2! What is the reason and what can i do?????? Thomas, Verify stopping and/or setting Windows Firewall/ICS service to manual works around the issue. Earlier this month someone mentioned that "The work around was to add zenrem32.exe to the list of exceptions." As that exe is not a ZFD 3.x file I can find, you may want to try making an exception in the Windows Firewall control panel applet for "wuser32.exe". Technically ZENworks...

Windows XP sp2 Breaks 4.90 sp2
When I have the 4.90 sp2 client installed on a Windows Xp sp1 machine and then apply the Xp sp2 it stops the Workstation Manager service. I can manually re-start it, but as soon as I re-boot it is stopped again. The services window does not show any changes as to how it is launched. Another side effect is users are unable to login to the machine. Has anyone else experienced this? Anybody have any suggestions? The work around is to boot into safe mode, and remove the client from add/remove programs and then re-install. Also if it is a new install of Windows Xp sp2 there is...

Explorer crashes with client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2.
Hi, I've rolled out about 70 desktops/laptops which are running client 4.9 SP2 on windows XP with SP2 installed, they have been rolled out using imagecast so they should all be the same. However after a while we are starting to experience explorer crashes, most of the time while working in lotus notes 6 but this has started to happen outside of notes occasionally. It appears to only happen when a file dialog or similar is brought up which is when it's listing the netware mapped drives so it would appear that this is the issue. has anyone else experienced this and...

Cannot login to Netware 4.11 or 5.00, from a Windows XP SP2.
Downloaded, and installed the latest Netware Client. 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2'. We have quite a few Windows XP with SP2 installed PC's. But when using this client, am unable to login. The previous client we used was 4.83 SP1, which causes not problems when logging in. On the same PC's. With the 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2' client, we cannot even browse for the Netware Servers we are running, nor locate the correct context. Any ideas ? With the 4.11 servers (and probably with your 5.0 servers) the 4.83SP3 client would be my preference (some will note t...

XP SP2 and Client 4.9 SP2
Anyone else getting a BSOD with this config. The PC is a DELL Optiplex GX 280 straight out of the box. No antivirus software installed. XP factory installed. Installed XP SP2 . PC running fine until I installed Client 4.9 SP2. I suggest to perform a clean WinXP install. Get drivers directly from chip maker (not Dell). Then try to custom install NC. Later apply WinXP SP2 to see what happens. <spam@spam.com> wrote in message news:s5W8d.1977$Bo1.1957@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Anyone else getting a BSOD with this config. The PC is a DELL Optiplex GX > 280 stra...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

Client 4.9 sp2 and Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows XP
I have several Windows 2000 computers with Novell Client 4.9 sp2 and I need to upgrade them Windows XP. I ran the upgrade on one PC and during the "Installing Network" portion of the upgrade I was asked to load several programs or files from the Novell CD. I know all these files are already on the computer. Is there a way to not have to manually tell the install to look for all these files? We have always uninstalled the novell client prior to doing a windows os upgrade. we either copy the setup files onto the c: partition or after the upgrade use the windows clie...

Web resources about - NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ