Netware client 4.9 on XP

I setup a new Dell XP workstation as always.  I added a static IP for
it,
added it to the Windows 2000 domain, then installed the client.  I
started
with the 4.8 client but it has 4.9 on it now.  When I log into the
workstation it prompts that no domain controller is available.  I know

that it is and it is only a problem with this workstation.  If I
choose
workstation only it will loging and I have access to all of the
Windows
2000 servers.  It has to be a client issue and is only with this
newest
workstation.  Any ideas??

0
myemail

Try if the problem also exists with SP1:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2967718.htm

--
Marcel Cox
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Marcel
12/20/2003 3:28:50 PM
Try turning off NMAS Authentication.  I have a brand new Dell Latitude

D600 and I was having lots of problems.  After I turned this setting
off
everything has worked fine.

The setting is under Advanced Login in the Novell Client Properties.

> I setup a new Dell XP workstation as always.  I added a static IP
for
it,
> added it to the Windows 2000 domain, then installed the client.  I
started
> with the 4.8 client but it has 4.9 on it now.  When I log into the
> workstation it prompts that no domain controller is available.  I
know
> that it is and it is only a problem with this workstation.  If I
choose
> workstation only it will loging and I have access to all of the
Windows
> 2000 servers.  It has to be a client issue and is only with this
newest
> workstation.  Any ideas??

0
frankb

Netware 4.0 Compatibility with Client 4.9 on XP
My server is running NetWare 4.0 and all of my Windows 98 workstations (running client 3.32) are able to login perfectly fine. I just got a new P4 Windows XP workstation though and installed the XP client 4.9 sp2, and that one will not login at all, it doesn't even show the tress or server in the advanced tab. Does anyone know how this could be corrected? Make sure to run the installation with 'Custom' 'IPX Only' options. Also, v4.9 is not the recommended client for NetWare4.x - you should uninstall it and install this client: http://www.novell.com/coolsol...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Remove Netware Client 4.9 on Windows XP
I use a unattend.txt to do the install. Then I edit that file and add the DoRemove=YES and it looks like it works. But at the end I get a error saying: "The installation was not completed successfully". But if I reboot then it looks like everything is gone. I need some way of removing the client from about 800 workstations, and I would like some way of scripting it. I did a search on CoolSolutions and the knowledgebase and did not really come up with anything that helped. Thanks, Greg Marcom marcom@purdue.edu Technical Support Administrator Purdue University ...

Remote Access with Win XP and Netware Client 4.9?
I have a few XP laptops I'm trying to get working for home and the office. The laptops are running Novell Netware Client 4.9, and I got them working in the office, no problem. They had to be configured for IP and IPX, and it was a cinch to get going. We use a Netware Server for Groupwise, and other hosted shared applications. I figured the same login and password would work remotely, but it doesn't. Is there anything I have to do special to get this working? I heard about Remote Access Service (RAS), but I can't find it. betaphiwoozy, VPN is usually the best app...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

Client 4.91 SP3, XP and Netware 4.11
I'm having a lot of troubles to connect an XP Pro workstation with a 4.11 Novell network. All the other workstations use W98, so it's my first experience with this. The PC is a Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ with Windows XP Proffesional SP1. The network cards (I installed a second one) are a D-Link DFE 538TX and a NIC Fast Ethernet PCI Family RTL8139 Realtek. The server runs Novell 4.11. I installed Netware Client 4.91 SP3 and it wouldn't log in (giving message "cannot acces the tree"). Changed protocol from IPX and IP to IPX only. Same result. Entered correct frame typ...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

Client 4.91 SP4 XP and Netware 4.11 / NWADMIN does not start
Hello. I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32). NWADMN95 works. NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32) still works from an old W2K client. I tried the W2K compatability mode, but not success. No error message, just nothing happens after doubleclick on NWADMIN32. Thanks for help, Michael Michael, > I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were > W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start N...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

Netware 4.1 and XP Client
Hello folks, I recently fired up an old (1997) Proliant server running Netware 4.1. Amazingly, all drives booted just fine after the drives were reseated. I can get onto this beast just fine from DOS, but I'm having a tough time with the XP client. I downloaded the 4.83 client, as this seemed to be the general recommendation. I can't get this client to see the server or the tree. I can't remember what the tree is supposed to be, anyway. I've made sure at this point that both IP and IPX are loaded and tweaked the IPX so NLSP is also running. The workstation can pi...

Client 4.83 Sp3 & Win XP Prof to Netware 4.10 Server
Hi Guys First time of posting, can anyone help me? We have a Netware 4.10 server (patched to latest) working fine with Win98 Pc's using Novell Client. All runs so fine you wouldn't believe it. Now trying to add some new workstation PC's, which have Win XP Professional SP2 on them. I'm using Novell Client 4.83 SP3 (seen that this is best to use from reading some of the posts for this type of configuration). We can get the machines to see the server fine, but we seem to have a couple of problems which I'd appreciate help/comments on. Periodically when logging...

Web resources about - Netware client 4.9 on XP - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ