Netware Administrator for Windows XP

Hi!
we are using Novell Netware 4.2 under Windows 98 SE.
and to administrate users,  i use Novell Administrator for windows 98
Requester Version 3.30.0.

but i can not use this probram under Windows XP.

do you know if i can find Novell Administrator for windows XP.

Many thanks.
Ahmed Abdelmoumen

0
Ahmed

Ahmed,

You need to use nwadmn32.exe. If its on your server it'll be in the
sys:public\win32 directory, if its not there you can download from:
http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/admn519f.exe/

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
9/1/2004 12:27:45 PM
Many Thanks Hamish for you're Help.
now i can administrate under XP !
Best Regards.
Ahmed Abdelmoumen
"Hamish" <Hamish@haitch.net> a �crit dans le message de news:
5fjZc.3869$ML2.1442@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Ahmed,
>
> You need to use nwadmn32.exe. If its on your server it'll be in the
> sys:public\win32 directory, if its not there you can download from:
> http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/admn519f.exe/
>
> --
> Hamish Speirs
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
>
> http://haitch.net
>
> (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
> probably be ignored)

0
Ahmed
9/1/2004 2:06:06 PM
Ahmed,

> Many Thanks Hamish for you're Help.

No problem.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

IBM OEM Microsoft Windows XP And Windows XP SP1 Default Administration Account Vulnerability
IBM OEM Microsoft Windows XP And Windows XP SP1 are both reported to contain a default passwordless administrative account. Reportedly, during the installation process of IBMs OEM version of Windows XP and Windows XP SP1, the process automatically creates an administrator account and fails to set a password for it. The user is not made aware of the account during installation. Users installing this version of Microsoft Windows may fail to properly secure this account, allowing for local attackers to gain administrative privileges. Network access to accounts without passwords ...

Netware and Windows XP Home
I understand that the Netware Client is not officially supported on Windows XP Home. I've also read on this site that much of Netware 6.5's functionality is available with only a browser on the client. Does this mean that I no longer need the Netware Client on a Netware 6.5 installation? However, if the Netware Client is still needed, are there any workarounds for Windows XP Home. Thanks!!! Jerry K. A client is still recommended in most cases. There are no required workarounds for XP Home because there are no issues. It is simply not supported because MS does n...

Windows XP Timesynchronisation and Netware
hi, i have a problem with timesynchronisation between winxps and netware. timesync between win2ks and netware are ok. the timesync ist at the netware activate and at the nc, too. does anybody know about this problem? what can i check or do? thanks. When someone logs into the network from an XP workstation, they need to have 'power user' rights in order for the time to be updated from the NetWare server. What version of the client are you running by the way? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Netware & Windows XP...
Windows XP Pro SP 2 Novell Client 4.90 SP2 Is there a way I can ENABLE my Windows XP firewall and still be able to connect to my Netware tree? Whenever I enable my firewall...even with exceptions...all my Netware traffic comes to a screaching halt. Thanx. You may want to give this a go: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10095407.htm Otherwise, I'd suggest getting a real firewall instead of the MS toy. stmasi@hotmail.com wrote: > Windows XP Pro SP 2 > Novell Client 4.90 SP2 > > Is there a way I can ENABLE my Windows XP firewall ...

Question on utility NWADMIN for NetWare 4.0 which are compatible with Windows 2000 Pro Windows XP Pro
Good afternoon! On a file server it is established NetWare 4.0. Earlier management of this server was carried out by means of utility NWADMIN95 which is established on the computer with Windows 98SE and Client32. Now there is a question of installation on all computers Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro. Thus on official site Novell.com i have found utilities NWADMIN and Client32 only for NetWare 5.0 and later versions. Though these utilities are compatible with Windows 2000/XP Pro, these utilities are incompatible with Netware 4.0. Ask to inf...

Sync password Netware and Windows XP
when upgrading windows client for netware from 4.83 to 4.90 we face this problem : We lost the sync between netware login an windows login. the box "synchronise" stay gray and we cannot synchronise after a succesfull login. i apply sp1 on 4.90 client : same the only way i have found is to desinstall nmas client support ... any idea ? Install the client w/o NMAS. You can try disabling it, but I prefer installing it w/o any NMAS support unless it is absolutely required. cessih.begin@free.fr wrote: > when upgrading windows client for netware from 4...

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...

Netware/IP Client for Windows XP
Hello I have currently been given the task of making our Novell Netware 4.11 Server communicate over IP. I have read about the use of Netware/IP to encapsulate the IPX packets in an IP packet so that this form of communication can occur, and I have also read about the downfalls of it, and a move to a more recent server would be the ideal solution, but that isn't going to happen and I need to get this to work. Am I right in thinking that you need to set up the Netware Client on the PC's to connect to the Netware/IP server? Is this possible using the Client for XP. ...

Windows XP and NetWare Client Interoperability
We have several WinXP boxes with the most current service pack as well as the most current security updates from MS that had issues functioning with any version of client above 4.83sp1e. The solution for that issue was to install the 4.83sp1e client. However, now many of the boxes we fixed already as well as some additional ones aren't responding to this fix. The login scripts run perfectly and it appears that everything is fine, but when you try to access any of the mapped drives that point to NetWare volumes, explorer.exe locks up and you have to shutdown before the compu...

netware 3.20 and windows XP
I know that my novell server should be retired. But can I connect a windows XP client to my old novell 3.20 server? > I know that my novell server should be retired. > But can I connect a windows XP client to my old novell 3.20 server? > We have netware 3.21 and have several Windows XP machines connecting, using the Novell Client, installed as a bindery. They all have XP service pack 1 installed. However, a new machine with XP service pack 2 will not connect. This should work with client 32 without problems. Given that you have a 3.2 version of NetWare, I'd suggest...

Netware 5 and Windows 2000 or XP
We are currently using Netware 5 and running it with Windows 95. We need to upgrade our Windows system and were wondering if Netware 5 is compatible with Windows 2000 or Windows XP? If not, which version would we need to run with Windows 2000 or Windows XP? Thank you Janet Sure -- it is compatible -- probably best (given a NetWare 5 environment) with Client 32 4.83: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html After that, you may want to download and deploy the SP3 update: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm -- Barry ...

Web resources about - Netware Administrator for Windows XP - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

List of Administrators and Deputy Administrators of NASA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Administrator and Deputy Administrator of NASA are the highest-ranked officials of NASA , the space agency of the United States . The Administrator ...

Netball administrator stole $209,000, court told
A netball administrator siphoned $209,000 of money earmarked for junior and social players into her own bank accounts because she felt the sport ...

Arthur Galan calls in the administrators
Myer was caught out by the appointment of administrators to Australian fashion label Arthur Galan, which it lured over from David Jones in 2011. ...

Yale president supports administrators involved in Halloween email - Business Insider Deutschland
Yale President Peter Salovey voiced his support of two administrators involved in a Halloween email controversy.

Fox Lake Cop Joe Gliniewicz Considered ‘Hit’ On Village Administrator
Months before an Illinois police officer staged his suicide to look like murder he tried to find a hit man to kill a village administrator he ...

L.A. Health Administrator Helps Prepare The Future Work Force
Jim Sherman, part-time faculty member at California State University Northridge, finds he receives a greater personal reward from teaching.

Officer tried to take out 'hit' on city administrator - CNN.com
... stage his suicide, apparently to avoid being revealed as a thief , but he made an inquiry about hiring a motorcycle gang to kill the city administrator, ...

Yale Alumni Fundraising To Send Pro-Free Speech Book To Administrators, Faculty And Students
Yale Alumni Fundraising To Send Pro-Free Speech Book To Administrators, Faculty And Students

Provida Pension Fund Administrator Sells 6385875 Shares of iShares FTSE/Xinhua ...
Provida Pension Fund Administrator Sells 6385875 Shares of iShares FTSE/Xinhua ... Dakota Financial News iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index ...

How Network Administrators Can Ease the Inevitable Move to IPv6
The well of IPv4 addresses has run dry; IPv6 adoption is inevitable. Here's how network administrators can make this adjustment as easy as possible. ...