Netware Admin

Im running xp and i have the netware client software installed for my
college class. I copied the win32 file from my class server to use
netware admin32 and when i double click on it the logo for the admin pops
up and just hangs there. The mouse shows like its still loading and the
processes show the cpu working at a max rate. Any help would be great so
that i can do my assignments from home instead of the lab. Thanks!
0
theridlerm102002

Do you have a NetWare server to connect to?

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Netware 6 and Netware 5
Have to upgrade a 3.12 server. Already have a 5.0 server. Is there any problem installing a NW 6 server into a network that consists of a NW 5 Server with master nds on NW 5? We cannot upgrade the NW 5 server just yet. Thanks Tim Patch the nw5 server to the latest support pack and ds version and use the deployment manager to prepare your tree and you should be fine I'd say. Cheers, Edward "Tim Well" <timwell2000@nycity.com.com> wrote in message news:R40He.13942$Y_1.4568@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Have to upgrade a 3.12 server. Already hav...

Netware to Netware migration or P2V?
Im in the process of virtualizing all our servers to VMWare ESX 3.5. We have a server that is NW 6.5 SP7, runs ZENWorks 7 and holds all of our application files as well as images. Im trying to figure out the best way to virtual this server. Usually its a pretty straight forward process, but Id like to downsize the VOL1 volume so its not taking up so much space on our SAN. VOL1 is 890GB total, but only has 230GB used. Id rather not "waste" that space on the SAN untils its truly needed. Im curious how everyone would approach this: would you do the P2V and somehow shrin...

Netware admin
my question is how to disable the print notification on a print server in netware admin or any other way? thank you What kind of print notification are you talking about? NDPS print notifications, notifications fo rprint queues or somethign else? -- Marcel Cox (Sysop) Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com And if its a hardware print server such as JetDirect, its in the JD config .... -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Netware Admin and SLES 9 admin rights
Hi, How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 OS. I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes through iManager (logged in as the Netware administrator) I receive the error message 'CIO error, permission denied". Thank you. Zavi, > Hi, > > How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 > OS. Just as you normally do within NetWare using C1 or iManager, check that your admin is a trustee of root with all rights assigned. > I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes thro...

Netware 6.5 or Netware OES
What's the difference? What should we go for? 100412.1762@csi.com wrote: >What's the difference? NetWare OES is NetWare 6.5 SP3 or later. >What should we go for? For a new install, use the NW 6.5 SP5 or later overlay CDs. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums Many thanks ...

Migrate NetWare 6 to Netware 6
I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- Dir, etc.... paul , > I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new > server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I > keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- > Dir, etc.... > The Migration Wizard. Or use portlock to clone the disks. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, ...

OES NetWare = NetWare 6.5?
--____EPDJRYFQAHOZXLWIKOOA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but after downloading the OES NetWare CDs it = states that it is NetWare 6.5? Is this correct? I'm already running NetWare 6.5 SP2. Will there be a NetWare 7.0? Thanks, John --____EPDJRYFQAHOZXLWIKOOA____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____NYJGDZJVSAEVBAXBVEWB____" --____NYJGDZJVSAEVBAXBVEWB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Netware iPrint to Netware iPrint migration
--____KIUJEQLZHPCNVBANZTEH____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 11 Oct 2006 13:12:53 -0500" Is there documentation somewhere that deals specifically with migrating = iPrint from one Netware server to another. I expected it to be in one of = the Migration Wizard manuals but all I can find is NDPS to iPrint and = Netware to Linux. Surely someone besides me feels the need to migrate = iPrint along with the rest of the stuff handled by Migration Wizard. = Correct...

Web resources about - Netware Admin - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ