Netware 6 and XP not remembering a drive mapping

I was wondering if someone has a clue how to fix this problem? I have
Netware 6 Client 4.83 on WinXP. I have two servers with separate trees.
If I log into the main server I get all the drive mappings expected. I
want to also have a drive mapped to the other server. I use the client to
map to the server. I can view the files and do anything with them. But
when I reboot the connection does not reconnect. If I click on the drive
in windows explorer than everything reconnects. It just doesn't do it
automatically. How can I get winXP to remember the connection
automatically?

Thanks in advance...

Scott

0
ssimonson

Scott,

How about using the TREE command in the login script to get to the other tree?
Then map that volume as usual....

How Client32 attaches to multiple trees with users during login.
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/tidfinder.cgi?10022073

SP3 on client 4.83?

--
Tony Pedretti
TransUnion LLC

0
Tony
3/4/2004 11:19:19 PM
Scott,

I'm not sure I understand - if the drive is there in Windows Explorer,
then the drive has connected. Where does it seem to fail ?

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish

Office XP and .TMP files on Netware 6.5.6
Hi, We have had random problems recently with our users of Microsoft Word XP. When they save a document, the .DOC file is not always created, and they appear to have lost all there work or recent changes. There is a .tmp file though in the same network folder, which when renamed to .doc and un-hidden, is the file they expected. Few people know to do this though, and our users are loosing work. This is happening regularly, and is becoming more of a problem for more of our users. A user doesn't ever have this problem if working locally on C:, and we have also seen this ...

Migrate NetWare 6 to Netware 6
I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- Dir, etc.... paul , > I have a box running Netware 6 and I would liek ot migrate it to new > server hardware---Hwat is the best way to do this....I wan to make sure I > keep my IP address, server name, iPrint config, Printer Queue def, Home- > Dir, etc.... > The Migration Wizard. Or use portlock to clone the disks. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, ...

NetWare 6.0 and NetWare 6.6 SBS servers in same eDir
Hello We have a customer with two locations. In one location, they have a NetWare 6.6 SBS server and in the other a NetWare 6.0 server (no SBS). Is it possible to merge this two trees into one eDirectory ? I found a document, which tells that it is impossible to install NetWare 5.0 and NetWare 5.0 SBS into the same eDirectory. Does this still apply to NetWare 6 ? Thanks for your help. Andreas -- infop The licensing is different but should be able to merge these -- especially since the SBS server is at 6.5/6/6 -- licensing with SBS 6.5/6.6 is pretty much similar t...

Migrate Netware 6 users to Netware 6
I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Dave. David, > I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have > alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able > to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do > this? > The migration wizard. Download from Novell. Read the manual. - An...

Netware 6 and netware 6.5 with USB
LS. In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? Dirk Dirk wrote: >In netware 6 and netware 6.5 is a USB harddisk supported? NetWare 6.0 : no NetWare 6.5 : yes Note that USB hard disk performance is rather disappointing under NetWare. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8 ...

Auto Login Netware 6 and XP
I have scoured the net for a solution to this and can not find a single thing for v6, only 4.6 etc. I have it so that Xp auto logs on, and for some reason is bypassing Novell logon, and logs right into windows. But i need it to autologon into novell then windows. In the registry I have the autologon = 1 and the default un/pw set. What else am i missing? Thanks See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10052847.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) The following is what it says for 4.9 yet I cant find th...

Hardware migration from Netware 6 to Netware 6
Hi, I am trying to migrate hardware from Netware 6 to Netware 6 using Novell Netware Migration Wizard 7.1. My question is that do I have to set up a new (destination) server into the same subnet with old (source) server? I read the TID 10085160 which recommends that not connected new server to the network. Howerver, according to the Novell Netware Migration Wizard 7.1 Document, for better performance, source and destination, and workstation run on a common LAN segment. Can you please let me know.... Thank you, yuen On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:08:27 GMT, Yuen.kim@hotma...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

drive mapping problems with NetWare 6.0
I have a classroom setting with approximately 7 users attached to a NetWare 6.0 server that has support pack 5 on it. The first 1-2 people can map network drives,and after that no one. I get the message, "network path not found." I have a NetWare 6.0 with several users attached, and it has no support packs at all. I have no problems mapping with it. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks, A.T. , > I have a classroom setting with approximately 7 users attached to a > NetWare 6.0 server that has support pack 5 on it. The first 1-2 people >...

Windows XP cli�nt on Netware 6 Server
I have a question. For a school project i have installed a Netware 6 server. Now i want to hang a Windows XP cli�nt who already has Novell Cli�nt 4.83 installed on the server. But i can't get it working. I don't know if i have to adjust some settings on the server or on the Cli�nt. Can anyone help me. Thanks Already, Stefan van den Bosch Maybe it's a little confusing but i mean i have Novell cli�nt installed on Windows XP. But i can logon to the server with it. On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 12:26:39 GMT, samvdbosch@lycos.nl wrote: >I have a question. > ...

netdrive with Netware 6.5 and Windows XP
I seem to have a problem getting netdrive with webdav to work. I setup netdrive and put in the url of http://ipaddress/Netstorage I can connect ok, or it seems like I do, but when I try to create a folder or copy a file I get an error saying I cannot create the fldr (my guess it can't create the folder). I can login with IE and access netstorage and have access to my files with no problems. (This happens to a standard user and the admin user) Any idea's? (I looked in the nsadmin and saw the url was set for NetStorage, which I also put in the netdrive config, still...

Web resources about - Netware 6 and XP not remembering a drive mapping - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Remembering Abdul-Rahman Peter Kassigs Fotos - Remembering Abdul-Rahman Peter Kassig - Facebook
Statement issued Oct. 5, 2014, by Ed and Paula Kassig of Indianapolis.

Remembering K-Swift - The Urban Daily
Baltimore’s Club Queen (Oct 19, 1978-July 21, 2008)

Remembering the first man on the moon
When the path-breaking American astronaut Neil Armstrong passed away at age 82 on August 25th, Twitter lit up as people around the world shared ...

Remembering Customers or How Not to Be a Goldfish in Business
Discover what the world's professionals are saying about 'Remembering Customers or How Not to Be a Goldfish in Business' right now.

REMEMBERING THE OLD ROTARY DIAL PHONE - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Photo by Robert L. Huffstutter. Thanks to my friend Shane for permission to shoot this old bakelite rotary-dial phone.

Remembering John Ritter - Three's Company Reunion with Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt - YouTube
On part two of the Three's Company Reunion, Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt fondly remember their former costar John Ritter. The women also share ...

Reflections of Zayed: Remembering the Father of the Nation on the anniversary of his death
The collections of the National Archives record the extraordinary life of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan for those who today would know more ...

Remembering the Armenian Genocide. Descendants of survivors — Turks and ...
The Hindu Remembering the Armenian Genocide. Descendants of survivors — Turks and ... Aysor My grandmother's name was Pailadzou Tutunjian. ...

Remembering football's forgotten team: University 100 years on
August marks the 100th anniversary of University's last game in the VFL.

Remembering when the Windies were merely ordinary
The crowd, recalling the West Indians at their irresistable best, were stunned into near silence by this inept display. There was no sense of ...