Netware 5 and Windows 2000 or XP

We are currently using Netware 5 and running it with Windows 95.  We need
to upgrade our Windows system and were wondering if Netware 5 is
compatible with Windows 2000 or Windows XP?  If not, which version would
we need to run with Windows 2000 or Windows XP?

Thank you
Janet
0
slavictreasures

Sure -- it is compatible -- probably best (given a NetWare 5 environment)
with Client 32 4.83:

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html

After that, you may want to download and deploy the SP3 update:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Netware 5.0 and Windows XP/2000
Hello... We have a Netware 5.0 with Service Pack 6a installed, Zenworks 1.1. Is it possible to control Windows XP or 2000 workstations with this scene? what is it you want to do with the Windows XP/2000 machines to control them? Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ , > Is it possible to control Windows XP or 2000 workstations with this > scene? > Not with ZEN 1.1. You need at least ZEN 2 or the free starterkit (if you can find it) - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago...

Question on utility NWADMIN for NetWare 4.0 which are compatible with Windows 2000 Pro Windows XP Pro
Good afternoon! On a file server it is established NetWare 4.0. Earlier management of this server was carried out by means of utility NWADMIN95 which is established on the computer with Windows 98SE and Client32. Now there is a question of installation on all computers Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro. Thus on official site Novell.com i have found utilities NWADMIN and Client32 only for NetWare 5.0 and later versions. Though these utilities are compatible with Windows 2000/XP Pro, these utilities are incompatible with Netware 4.0. Ask to inf...

NetWare 5 client on Windows XP machine??
Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows XP box? Thanks! Larry On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:27:27 GMT, larry@sigmawebstudios.com wrote: >Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows >XP box? The most recent Novell client for Windows XP (and the whole NT family) is 4.90 with SP2. Go to http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp and select Novell Client as the product and Windows XP as the platform. If you have only NW 5.x servers, however, you may find 4.83 with SP3 easier to install. Unfortunately, I can...

netdrive with Netware 6.5 and Windows XP
I seem to have a problem getting netdrive with webdav to work. I setup netdrive and put in the url of http://ipaddress/Netstorage I can connect ok, or it seems like I do, but when I try to create a folder or copy a file I get an error saying I cannot create the fldr (my guess it can't create the folder). I can login with IE and access netstorage and have access to my files with no problems. (This happens to a standard user and the admin user) Any idea's? (I looked in the nsadmin and saw the url was set for NetStorage, which I also put in the netdrive config, still...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Coexistence of Netware 6.5 and Windows XP possible?
Hello, I have a Windows XP PC and would like to evaluate Netware 6.5. The problem is that I only have one PC available, and therefore I need to know if a dual boot system with Windows XP and Netware 6.5 is possible. If yes, any installation hints? Thx in advance well, the NW bootloader can live on a DOS partition and a netware volume would need its own partition as well so uif you can add a DOS partition that you can boot from to a Windows XP box and have free diskspace to create a NW parition, it should work. The way most people do this though is with Virtual ...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Cannot login to Netware 4.11 or 5.00, from a Windows XP SP2.
Downloaded, and installed the latest Netware Client. 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2'. We have quite a few Windows XP with SP2 installed PC's. But when using this client, am unable to login. The previous client we used was 4.83 SP1, which causes not problems when logging in. On the same PC's. With the 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2' client, we cannot even browse for the Netware Servers we are running, nor locate the correct context. Any ideas ? With the 4.11 servers (and probably with your 5.0 servers) the 4.83SP3 client would be my preference (some will note t...

Netware 6.5, Windows XP Pro and time zone issues....
--____EEICDEFYSXNCMNIQBGZT____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all... Here's the situation. NetWare 6.5 servers: One server gets time from the atomic clocks, all the = other servers get the time from the first server. All servers TZ set for = CST6CDT. Yes, Central time zone. Windows XP Pro SP2 desktops and laptops: All were configured for Central = Time Zone and "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" was = turned on.=20 NetWare Client 4.90 SP2: Set Station Time turned on. Ev...

New Windows XP Client / Old 5 user Netware 4.1
New Windows XP client connects and logs into old 5 user netware 4.1 server using Microsoft Network but refuses to find or log into same server using Novell Netware program. Why???????????? Will it be necessary to upgrade to server to accomodate the new client, or is there a patch, etc. that will allow this connection?? How is Microsoft able to make this connection without upgrading the server, etc???? When I purchased Novell 4.1, it was with the understanding that new clients will be able to connect. Is seems grossly unfair to require additional cost for new product now tha...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Web resources about - Netware 5 and Windows 2000 or XP - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ