netware 3.20 and windows XP

I know that my novell server should be retired.
But can I connect a windows XP client to my old novell 3.20 server?

0
neil

> I know that my novell server should be retired.
> But can I connect a windows XP client to my old novell 3.20 server?

We have netware 3.21 and have several Windows XP machines connecting, using
the Novell Client, installed as a bindery. They all have XP service pack 1
installed. However, a new machine with XP service pack 2 will not connect.
0
bandf
10/7/2004 6:39:11 PM
This should work with client 32 without problems.  Given that you have a 3.2
version of NetWare, I'd suggest the 4.83 client:

Regarding the 4.83 client.  The full 4.83SP2 client can be downloaded from:

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html

After that, you will want to download and deploy the SP3 update:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm

After that, you may want to download and deploy the post SP3 update:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2969354.htm

When you install the client, specify a custom install, client component only,
and IPX only.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Roger

> This should work with client 32 without problems.  Given that you have a
3.2
> version of NetWare, I'd suggest the 4.83 client:
>
> Regarding the 4.83 client.  The full 4.83SP2 client can be downloaded
from:

> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html
>
> After that, you will want to download and deploy the SP3 update:
>
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm
>
> After that, you may want to download and deploy the post SP3 update:
>
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2969354.htm
>
> When you install the client, specify a custom install, client component
only,
> and IPX only.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
rmkgunther
10/11/2004 11:01:42 PM
Excellent -- glad to provide the assist.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Conntecting Windows XP to Netware 3.12
Original install of Client 32 on XP showed files on the Netware 3.12 server. After reboot, it says cannot connect. What's the trick to making this bindary connection? The trick is to do a custom install of 4.83 SP3 specifying IPX and the frame type. I have found, however, that setting the frame type to Auto also seems to work. Ned I have found that I can login to the workstation with the workstation only box checked. But when I uncheck this box, I cannot attach to the server. The trick is to do a custom install of 4.83 SP3 specifying IPX and the frame &g...

Windows XP on Netware 3.12 server
Here is my spec. Netware 3.12 - File/Login Server Netware 5.1 - Print Server Netware 5.1 - SLP Server All our clients are currently Windows 98SE with IP with IPX compatibility support. The clients are depended on the SLP to point them to the login server to login. I've tried many times to get Windows XP to login to our network. When installing client, I've used the following setting. IP with IPX compatibility support Bindery login I've also set the frame type to 802.2 and put in the network number and it still did not work. Any help would be great. Thanks, ...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

netware 3.21 with windows xp Pro as client
Is there a solution without buying the latest Novell netware to allow my new Windows XP pro client computer to see the Newtware 3.21 server's workgroup? I did run the windows xp pro's netware installation, but it does not see any of the file server's files - not good. Download v4.83 with SP2 from: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html install it with Bindery options and 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. Then apply SP3 patch from: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum ...

netware 3.21 with windows xp Pro as client- additional information
Continuing from my previous post: I have saved a file in my down dirtory called W9x33e.exe dated 12/17/00. I believe this is for a client32 version 3.12 version 3.3. I believe that is my latest client version. I also have a setup.exe in my file server's Public Directory 6/30/97. I am not sure what to do. Please help. Answered above. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) kde@kdepc.com, > Continuing from my previous post: I have saved a file in my down dirtory > called W9x33e.exe dated 12/17/00. I believe this is for...

Netware Administrator for Windows XP
Hi! we are using Novell Netware 4.2 under Windows 98 SE. and to administrate users, i use Novell Administrator for windows 98 Requester Version 3.30.0. but i can not use this probram under Windows XP. do you know if i can find Novell Administrator for windows XP. Many thanks. Ahmed Abdelmoumen Ahmed, You need to use nwadmn32.exe. If its on your server it'll be in the sys:public\win32 directory, if its not there you can download from: http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/admn519f.exe/ -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. ...

Windows XP Timesynchronisation and Netware
hi, i have a problem with timesynchronisation between winxps and netware. timesync between win2ks and netware are ok. the timesync ist at the netware activate and at the nc, too. does anybody know about this problem? what can i check or do? thanks. When someone logs into the network from an XP workstation, they need to have 'power user' rights in order for the time to be updated from the NetWare server. What version of the client are you running by the way? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Netware and Windows XP Home
I understand that the Netware Client is not officially supported on Windows XP Home. I've also read on this site that much of Netware 6.5's functionality is available with only a browser on the client. Does this mean that I no longer need the Netware Client on a Netware 6.5 installation? However, if the Netware Client is still needed, are there any workarounds for Windows XP Home. Thanks!!! Jerry K. A client is still recommended in most cases. There are no required workarounds for XP Home because there are no issues. It is simply not supported because MS does n...

Netware & Windows XP...
Windows XP Pro SP 2 Novell Client 4.90 SP2 Is there a way I can ENABLE my Windows XP firewall and still be able to connect to my Netware tree? Whenever I enable my firewall...even with exceptions...all my Netware traffic comes to a screaching halt. Thanx. You may want to give this a go: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10095407.htm Otherwise, I'd suggest getting a real firewall instead of the MS toy. stmasi@hotmail.com wrote: > Windows XP Pro SP 2 > Novell Client 4.90 SP2 > > Is there a way I can ENABLE my Windows XP firewall ...

Question on utility NWADMIN for NetWare 4.0 which are compatible with Windows 2000 Pro Windows XP Pro
Good afternoon! On a file server it is established NetWare 4.0. Earlier management of this server was carried out by means of utility NWADMIN95 which is established on the computer with Windows 98SE and Client32. Now there is a question of installation on all computers Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro. Thus on official site Novell.com i have found utilities NWADMIN and Client32 only for NetWare 5.0 and later versions. Though these utilities are compatible with Windows 2000/XP Pro, these utilities are incompatible with Netware 4.0. Ask to inf...

Netware 3.12 & XP
I have installed Netware Client 4.9 onto a workstation running Win XP Pro. I would like to log on to a Netware server running Netware 3.12 (I know its old but it still has some uses). Is this possible or do I need to go back to an older version of the client? Many thanks. Nah, you can do it, just remember to use the right frame type with IPX. -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com > Nah, you can do it, just remember to use the right frame type with IPX. > -- > Dave Lunn > NSC SysOp > http://support-forums.novell.com > > I ...

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...