NC2SP2 + Windows 7 + Cisco Switches ???

Hello,

we have the usual "cannot find tree" login-problems with some of our
windows 7 + nc2sp2 clients.

These problems only seem to occur when the clients are attached to
Cisco Switches.
Reboot + Instant Login at the GUI leads to "cannot find tree".

We read all the stuff about turning on portfast on the cisco switches
but it does not help. Is there any other way to force the client to wait
until "the switch is ready".
Anyone any ideas?

Thx,
Hugo

--
susehoush

susehoush

On 4/4/2012 1:16 PM, susehoush wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have the usual "cannot find tree" login-problems with some of our
> windows 7 + nc2sp2 clients.
>
> These problems only seem to occur when the clients are attached to
> Cisco Switches.
> Reboot + Instant Login at the GUI leads to "cannot find tree".
>
> We read all the stuff about turning on portfast on the cisco switches
> but it does not help. Is there any other way to force the client to wait
> until "the switch is ready".
> Anyone any ideas?
>
> Thx,
> Hugo

I don't think there is anything in the client to identify when the
switch is ready.

This is all we have in our Cisco switches for STP, but we are a small shop

spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst
spanning-tree extend system-id

interface FastEthernet0/22
  switchport access vlan 25
  spanning-tree portfast
0
Steve
4/4/2012 9:53:34 PM
if you put the server IP address in the space for tree does that work?
0
Steve
4/4/2012 9:56:00 PM
On 4/4/2012 1:16 PM, susehoush wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have the usual "cannot find tree" login-problems with some of our
> windows 7 + nc2sp2 clients.
>
> These problems only seem to occur when the clients are attached to
> Cisco Switches.
> Reboot + Instant Login at the GUI leads to "cannot find tree".
>
> We read all the stuff about turning on portfast on the cisco switches
> but it does not help. Is there any other way to force the client to wait
> until "the switch is ready".
> Anyone any ideas?
>
> Thx,
> Hugo

it looks like I am having the same issue, didn't realize it was
necessarily related to the switch, but it would seem so here too. with
older client versions (SP1 IRx) it seemed to work fine. if I put the IP
in for the tree it can find it and the organizational units as well. we
have an SLPDA and the client is set to use it, after a while of
restarting etc, it will find the tree and work. so what could be going
on here?
0
Marc

How To Replace Windows XP With Windows 7
Many Windows XP users have decided to skip the Windows Vista operating system due to countless problems reported in the early days of its release. Especially performance related issues where the main culprit why many Windows XP users decided to wait for Vista's successor instead. The release of Windows 7 is not that far away anymore. Microsoft did already make announcements regarding the possible upgrade opportunities. In short; Windows XP users will be able to buy an upgrade edition of Windows 7 but will not be able to upgrade the operating system itself to Windows 7. They ...

Problem in Windows XP but not in Windows 7
Hello, I have installed PB 11.5 in a Windows 7. I developed an application that connects to an Oracle database using the O10 controller. I created the executable file and I leave it in a shared folder that other useres in my organization can access. In this folder I copy the content of the c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder to allow my users run the program. In the program there is a window that has a datawindow which insert files in the database. In clients with windows 7 works fine, but in clients with windows XP when I run the command dw_1.update() I get a...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en -- Sired, Squired, Hired, RETIRED. Retired wrote: > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en > From the release notes: Why Version 5.7? The primary reason for changing the version number from 5.6 to 5.7 is to simplify servicing and support by synchronizing the versioning to a consistent scheme based on Vista build number. The minor version increase does not indicate significant new f...

Security Permissions for Printer on Windows XP and Windows 7
Hello, We are a big company with a lot of Iprint Netware servers at every location. We are at the testing phase where we will be creating the new OES Iprint server for every location running on SUSE LINUX. I am almost done with the Iprint configuration at every location. When I install the driver from IPP page of the server, installation goes great for Win 7 64 bit but when I go to Devices and Printers - Properties of the Printer - Security Tab. I see Everyone, Creator Owner, Administrators and Power users user group can Print, Manage Printer, Manager Documents so in short all of ...

setting up a network between Windows XP, Windows 7 opensuse
Hi I need some advise about setting up a wireless network, never had to do this before. My partner has just purchased a fancy laptop, which will have windows7. I have a desktop with two hard drives one with Opensuse 11.2 64 bits, the other with Windows XP. At present my box is connect directly via cable to the netgear DG834Gv2 router, that comes with me ISP.. May questions are; - can i have my box cabled to the router at the same time as using the router to connect the laptop by wireless? - Does Suse have a program for setting up such networks? I have the feeling this could be a ...

URL Handling Vulnerability in Windows XP and Windows Server,2003 with Windows Internet Explorer 7 Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Boy, that's a long subject line - but it's the title of Microsoft's KB article: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/943521.mspx -- Microsoft details (a bit) its changes to URL, more correctly URI, handling in IE 7 on WinXP and Windows 2003. The problem is that IE 7 code "tries to fix up" malformed URIs, then passes the fixed-up URI to the ShellExecute procedure (on XP and Win2003). http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2007/10/10/msrc-blog-additional-details-and-background-on-security-advisory-943521.aspx OR http://tinyurl.com/yoadp8 ...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Disable this Thursday Windows 7 and Windows XP on Rev3 machines
(posting to dev.platform and dev.tree-management) Hello all, We have been running unit tests and talos jobs on the iX hardware for a while side by side with the Rev3 minis. We have disabled the Rev3 minis jobs for few days in on our main tbpl pages and we have not missed them AFAIK. We have some known intermittent oranges but nothing that has been shown as a show-stopper. Unless I hear any strong objections we will be stop running jobs on the rev3 minis for FF23 (m-a) && FF24 (m-c) based projects. best regards, Armen Mozilla's Release Engineering This is...

Windows XP To Windows 7 A Risky Path, Microsoft Warns
Businesses that skip Windows Vista and upgrade their computers directly from the XP operating system to Windows 7 could expose themselves to security risks and other problems, Microsoft says in a new white paper. Bypassing Vista could have "implications for security, support, and regulatory compliance and reduce flexibility in the face of changing business requirements," writes Microsoft VP Mike Nash, in the paper. Specifically, Nash says that businesses that wait for Windows 7 -- set for release in late 2009 or early 2010 -- to upgrade from XP could find themselv...

Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7
What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi 2010 Enterprise in? Windows XP or Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. And why? Thanks Greg Saunders wrote: > What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi > 2010 Enterprise in? > > Windows XP or Windows 7 Windows 7. > > 32 bit or 64 bit. 32 bit. > > And why? Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM. Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of this in yo...

Delphi 7 on XP connect to SQL 08 on Windows 7
Okay, this has me stumped. I'm still using my XP box to do development work in an old Delphi 7 project. The client has updated to SQL 2008 on Windows 7 and things run just fine. On my XP box I'm able to create an ODBC connection in Windows that connects to the SQL 08 instance on the Windows 7 box. But I cannot get my Delphi 7 project to connect for some reason. I did create a Windows 7 firewall inbound connection rule which is why the ODBC connection works. But again, when I run the Delphi 7 project it ju st won't. I've stepped through the code and all the connection string se...

Cannot Upload Windows 7 IPP Print Drivers from Windows XP
We are in the process of migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7. In preparation we are attempting to upload all of the correct Windows 7 print drivers into IPP. The problem we are having is that within the IPP Manage Driver Store task, under the Drivers Tab we can add print drivers for Windows XP from �Add From File� or �Add From System� just fine � but when I select Windows 7 from the Driver�s Platform drop down and then click �Add From File� or �Add From System� I get the following error: �A driver can only be added to the same operating system that is currently running on t...

Web resources about - NC2SP2 + Windows 7 + Cisco Switches ??? - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Category:Safety switches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Collectors Stunned As Facebook Switches Gears On Issuing Paper Stock Certificates
The hopes of collectors who sought to own one share of Facebook stock from its initial public offering last week were dashed, as paper stock ...

Goodbye DAU – Facebook Switches to Monthly Active Users
Today, Facebook released their long anticipated replacement of “daily active users” with “monthly active users” on each application’s about page ...

Old Light Switches - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Orange Steeler's photos on Flickr. Orange Steeler has uploaded 249 photos to Flickr.

Spiderman Switches From Bing To Google In The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - YouTube
In a world where somebody bitten by a radioactive spider in an experimental laboratory with very little oversight gains super powers and dons ...

Avaya answers Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent with SMB switches
Avaya answers Cisco , Alcatel-Lucent with SMB switches ARNnet Avaya has unveiled low-end Ethernet switches for small and medium-sized enterprises ...

Staff lose jobs as Brisbane Children's Hospital switches location
Non-clinical staff at the Royal Children's Hospital have been told they will not be employed at the new Lady Cilento Children's Hospital in a ...

Australian Sevens captain Sharni Williams switches back to 15-a-side for World Cup
Australian sevens captain Sharni Williams is switching back to the 15-a-side game to boost Australia's bid to win the women's World Cup.

NSW traffic authority switches to Macs
In what may well be Apple Computer's largest coup in the Australian enterprise space, the NSW Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) will deploy 1200 ...

Cisco gets tough: Details ruggedized switches for harsh environments
... utilities to support the electric grid, today announced an expansion of its "smart grid" portfolio with ruggedized and low-latency switches ...